Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Hi Tess, thanks for your lovely comments.

You have had a pretty tough week but hey, it's one week. Just don't even think about what's happened diet wise and look at each new day as your start to slimness!

You do get such a fright when the kids have a fall and that totally knocks you mentally and emotionally. Now't you can do about it and it is going to be part of life when you got wee ones.
Just don't beat yourself up if you slip up.

Remember , the weight didn't just appear overnight! Just like it's not going to disappear overnight. BUT, it will be quicker to shift it than it took to put it on!!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better and ready to get back on track xx

Hi Tess, thanks for your lovely comments.

You have had a pretty tough week but hey, it's one week. Just don't even think about what's happened diet wise and look at each new day as your start to slimness!

You do get such a fright when the kids have a fall and that totally knocks you mentally and emotionally. Now't you can do about it and it is going to be part of life when you got wee ones.
Just don't beat yourself up if you slip up.

Remember , the weight didn't just appear overnight! Just like it's not going to disappear overnight. BUT, it will be quicker to shift it than it took to put it on!!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better and ready to get back on track xx

Hi Sunshine! Thanks so much for your lovely comments too. I really appreciate it. You are 100% right. I actually weighed myself today on my scales and it looks like I've lost a couple of pounds after all. Will have to see what the CDC's scales say tomorrow though. I know a bad week doesn't mean I have to give up on the diet, but it is frustrating when all I want to do is get rid of this weight.

My hubby took a couple of photos for my weightloss journey yesterday and I was sooo disappointed. I honestly can't see a change! There must be, though, surely! In total (with WW) I've now lost 22.5lbs. It may be coz I had different clothes on, who knows. Said to him to take more tonight, and I'll wear the same clothes as the first pic.
Anyway, sorry for rambling. Gotta get Jess ready to go to the fracture clinic.
Hope you all have a great day! Will catch up later. :)

So, according to the CDC scales I stayed the same this week, which I'm pleased with anyway. However, I did weigh myself on my scales this morning and I'd dropped 1.5lbs! I've got all my packs and stuff. I am going to take this weekend off -not completely, but just not going to be 100% as I am going out tonight and tomorrow all day). Then I will be 100% from Monday. I have set myself a goal of 5lbs for Friday, and it is achievable.
I have Zumba class on Monday evening, and I've booked a Power Plate class for Tuesday!!
Went for my Power Plate induction today, and it was really much harder than I thought it would be! I'm aching already and that was after only 15 mins!! I'm sure it will help me tone though. :D
Anyway, I hope you're all having a good weekend. I'm off to the cinema tonight to watch Eat, Pray Love (with Julia Roberts) with my girlfriends. Really looking forward to it, as I haven't been to the cinema for ages. I will not be buying popcorn or sweets or soda, but I am taking my CD Choc bar and a bottle of water along.
I am meant to be going to Warwick Castle still with my sister and nephew tomorrow, but haven't heard from her yet, so we'll see.
Will chat soon. x

Hiya, sorry I haven't been around for a while. It's been a hectic few days. I really enjoyed my day out at Warwick Castle and luckily the weather held too. However, Sunday night I was up all night in absolute agony. I phoned the NHS Direct who said that it's probably heartburn, but to take 2 paracetamol and put a hot water bottle on it. Monday morning I was still in so much pain that I went to the doctor. He said that I have inflammation of the stomach. It's usually caused by eating spicy or fatty foods, which I said to him could not be the cause as I'm on CD, or by a viral infection. For the last two days I have wallowed in selfpity and just laid on my couch unable to do anything, or eat or drink anything. Today is the first day that I feel slightly better, thank goodness, although I have a weeks' worth of tablets still to take. I haven't really thought of CD this week, but could not eat at all on Monday and only managed on shake and about a litre of water on Tuesday. Today I've managed to have two shakes so far, but I'm ok until I eat, then I end up in agony again.:cry:
Sorry for being such a wimp.
Anyway, I did go and watch Eat, Pray Love on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. It's a very deep film and quite long, but it really touched me. I couldn't go to my Zumba class or Power Plate this week, due to being unwell, but I'm going to go next week.
I'm off to London on Saturday for our Monavie International Convention, which I'm very excited about. I just won't be able to drink any Monavie whilst I'm on CD, but hey ho. Should be a blast. :D

Cookie, hope you're well and I will catch up with you soon. To everyone else - I will catch up on your diaries very soon. Going to have a bit of a rest now before hubby gets home. Have a lovely evening. x

aw, what an eventful week. hope you are well.

Off CD for a week

Hi Leeds, nice to hear from you. Thanks for your message. :)

Well, I had my weigh in today and I must admit that I was absolutely shocked to stay the same!!!:eek: How on earth is that possible when I haven't been able to eat anything all week??? Anyway, I told my CDC about my stomach and she's advised me to come of CD for a week to give my stomach time to heal. :( So, I am off CD till the 11th of October (my next weigh in). I feel a bit at a loose end at the moment. Going to try and eat sensibly -low carb meals and I've taken a few Tetras so I'm prepared for when I feel better. I'm definitely going to have to go back to the doc because I still can't eat without being in agony. :cry:
Anyway, enough whining.
I'm going to London tomorrow for our Monavie conference and I'm soooo excited. If anyone is in the area and wants to come with me for a good day out, please feel free. I have a spare ticket. :) PM me if you're interested. It's at the Plaza Hotel in Westminster.

Anyway, going to go make an omelette now to see if any of it will stay down.
Hope you're all having a good day.
Chat soon. x

OOh you poor thing. I feel for you - I would feel a bit sort of in limbo I guess! I bet thats nasty. What caused it? Is it just a viral thing? I would say have a CD maybe once a day? Unless you were told not to have any at all? What with your daughter then you! You are going through it! Its not caused by the stress of her and her arm is it? Anyway, take care of yourself and enjoy tomorrow!xx

Hi Tessie
I hope you are feeling better today, it sounds like its been a stressful time with your daughter hurting her arm and now your stomach hurting.
Have you managed to eat anything?? Hope you managed to get appt to see your doctor if you still need to.
I hope you are being extra nice to yourself (treats like pampering in bath etc) because it sounds like you deserve it!!
Did you enjoy your trip to london??
Speak to you soon xxx

OOh you poor thing. I feel for you - I would feel a bit sort of in limbo I guess! I bet thats nasty. What caused it? Is it just a viral thing? I would say have a CD maybe once a day? Unless you were told not to have any at all? What with your daughter then you! You are going through it! Its not caused by the stress of her and her arm is it? Anyway, take care of yourself and enjoy tomorrow!xx

Hi Cookie, thanks very much for your post. I don't really know what caused it, to be honest. Doc said viral, but I think it may have been stress to be honest. Yesterday was an absolutely fantastic day. I took a shake with me yesterday, but have eaten "normal" food for the rest of the weekend. The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel is beautiful and very posh!! I tried one of our new products and have been drinking that all weekend. I don't know how, but my stomach is 100% better!!!! :eek:
I am planning on going back on CD tomorrow, but we have been out for a roast dinner today and I've really enjoyed spending this time with my lovely hubby and daughter.
Feeling in much better spirits at the moment. Think I needed this break, really, but looking forward to starting again tomorrow.

Hope you're ok, Hon?

Busy watching Streetdance 3D at the mo - very good! :D

Hi Tessie
I hope you are feeling better today, it sounds like its been a stressful time with your daughter hurting her arm and now your stomach hurting.
Have you managed to eat anything?? Hope you managed to get appt to see your doctor if you still need to.
I hope you are being extra nice to yourself (treats like pampering in bath etc) because it sounds like you deserve it!!
Did you enjoy your trip to london??
Speak to you soon xxx
Hi! Thanks so much for your post. I am feeling so much better today, and my hubby and I actually went out for a roast dinner. Granted, I didn't actually manage to eat much, but what I did have I really enjoyed. I haven't had time to pamper myself as such, but I did enjoy myself yesterday in London.
Hope you are well. :)

Hi Sunshine, thanks very much for your post. Yes, I definitely needed this time away from the plan to get myself sorted out and refocus on it.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but my internet at home is playing up really badly at the moment. The service provider said it's a major network fault, which should hopefully be rectified within the next few days! Here's hoping.:rolleyes:

I am officially starting back on CD today, after a couple of failed attempts over the last couple of days. I am not aiming too high, as I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, but I would like to lose a stone and a half for Christmas. That's my goal and I am determined to do it this time. I know today is going to be tough, so wish me luck! I've got my strawberry tetra, chocolate tetra and my choc bar ready, and then I'm either going to have a small meal or another shake this evening. I've gotta try and space it out quite well, as I've been up since 3:30 this morning, and will only be home about 7:30pm tonight.

Anyway, gotta get back to work. Have a good day, everyone.

Hey Tess,
How are you doing now? Sorry I have been rubbish this week! I have missed catching up on how everyone is doing! how are you feeling? Hope youre ok.
Speak soonx

Hey Tess,
How are you doing now? Sorry I have been rubbish this week! I have missed catching up on how everyone is doing! how are you feeling? Hope youre ok.
Speak soonx
Hi Cookie, nice to hear from you. I've also not been on the boards much, to be honest, so don't feel bad. Life happens. I feel much better, thank you and slowly started CD again today. Was doing really well till this afternoon, and "evil" Tess took over and ate a chicken sandwich!:break_diet:. I am not beating myself up anymore. I'm just going to take it one hour/one day at a time. I am working a full day tomorrow so there will be no time to pick at all. Up at 3am and will probably be back home about 7:30pm. Going to take all my shakes to work and have them if I need them. Might take the mousse along to make it appear that I'm eating something.
Anyway, I'm shattered, so I'm gonna shower and get to bed. Hope you're ok and I'll catch up soon. :D

Good morning everyone, hope you're well. I've been up since 3am and I'm shattered and starving! Have been drinking water to try and curb the hunger, and trying to put off having my first shake till about 8:30/9am. It's really tough when I get up so early as I get so hungry. Doesn't help that I only got two hours worth of sleep due to my little girl having nightmares. :(
Anyway, sorry to moan. I am determined to be 100% today. It's going to be very hard, but I am armed with my Strawberry Tetra (breakfast), going to have Veg soup for lunch, my Choc chewy bar cut up in little pieces during the day, and a Banana tetra or Choc Mint Shake this evening. Going to try and space it out by about 4-5 hours, so that should work. Tomorrow I change over to nights again, so that will be challenging too. I will need to space my shakes out over two days.
Anyway, off to do some more work. Going to be busy here at work today, but will try and pop back a bit later. Have a good day, all. :)

:DWell, I've gotten to 1pm (after getting up at 3am) and I haven't deviated from CD! :D

I've had my Strawberry Tetra this morning, and I've cut my choc bar up into tiny pieces (have 8 pieces left for the rest of my shift), and I've even made a butterscotch mousse for my lunch! I didn't realise the mousse would be soooo nice and so filling! I've also had a Golden Veg savoury drink, and so far so good. Feeling positive. I have my veg soup for tonight, and going to stretch out the choc bar pieces till 6pm when I finish work.
I am now getting more and more confident that I'm back on track. Happy days!

Hello fellow C-Dieters, hope you're all well.
I'm on nightshift tonight and have found it really hard not to eat during the day today. I had a tetra mid-morning, as my little girl was up pretty early. My hubby had a lie-in as Sundays are his only day off. When he got up I made him and little one some lunch, and whilst they were eating I went up to bed. I did take a tiny nibble on a potato and carrot before I went up, though.:eek:
Anyway, I am now at work, and am trying to stretch out my packs to last up till 6am tomorrow morning. I have my Banana Tetra, Veg soup and going to have Strawberry mousse as well. I also have my golden veg savoury flavouring just in case. Just as well I keep a stash at work now as I forgot my bar and strawberry tetra at home!:eek:
Anyway, I'm not feeling too hungry at the moment, but I have my weigh in at 9am, so don't really want to eat right through the night. Think I'm going to aim to have my last pack about 2:30am. We'll see, anyway.

Will post again a bit later to let you know how it's going. :)

Yay! I reached the end of my shift and I'm not hungry at all! Had my Strawberry mousse at about 3am, and have had 2 litres of water overnight. Really tired now, though, but will only get to bed about 10am. I have to drop my little girl off at the childminder at 8:30, and then my weigh in is at 9. I'm dreading it slightly, but it will be my official restart weight. Don't think I've put too much on, but we'll see. I don't like being weighed after a nightshift as it usually shows I've put on. However, if I weigh in after I've had a nights' sleep, it's much better.
Anyway, probably won't post again till this evening. One nightshift down, three to go! :D
Have a good day, everyone.

Good morning everyone! (Yes, I know it's evening, but I'm on nights so this is my morning ;)).
Right, so my restart is now officially in progress. Sad to say I actually put on 4lbs during the 2 weeks I was off Cambridge. Don't think my CDC was very impressed, and basically told me I have the tools to lose weight and I must stop messing around and follow the programme properly. Think that is what I needed to hear and I am going to prove to her this week that I can stick to this 100%! It's going to be very tough, I know, but I really want to lose this weight. By messing up all the time, I'm wasting money and my time, both which I don't have a lot of.
Anyway, back at work now and ready to start my shift. Armed with my Strawberry Tetra, Banana Tetra, Choc Bar and Veg soup. Should get me through the night ok. :)
Feeling quite upbeat at the moment, and I'm hoping this feeling lasts this time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to combat self-sabotaging thoughts/actions? I would really appreciate some imput.

Hope you're all having a good day. Chat soon. :D

Back