Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Tessieg1

Silver Member
Hello fellow dieters.
I've been on the Cambridge Diet for just over a month, and I must admit that I love it. It hasn't been easy and I've fallen off the wagon more than once. I've had a pretty bad week this week and am expecting a gain this week, but I've decided that as from after weigh in tomorrow, I am going to start afresh and follow Cambridge 100%. I am currently on SS+, but I want to see if I can do a few days just on SS to kickstart me again. It's going to be pretty tough with the shifts I work, but I'm sick of being fat.
My hubby has been really supportive about my diet and he's even offered to be my personal trainer and work out with me when I'm home in the evenings.
I'm doing this diet not to be skinny, but to be healthy and happy with enough energy to play with my 2-year old daughter.
I will try and post regularly to my diary, so I hope I don't bore you. :)
Today's actually not been too bad CD-wise. I had a Strawberry Tetra this morning, some chicken for lunch, followed by half a choc bar. This afternoon I'vehad the other half of the choc bar, and I'm still deciding on Potato and Leek soup or a choc shake for tonight. We'll see. It may be easier to take the shake, as I'm going out to my sister's tonight. Anyway, I will try and post on here tomorrow again and will let you know the dreaded WI results. Bye for now. :wave_cry:

Well done so far Tessie:) it is a difficult diet and as you already know I am not one for remaining 100% all the time.
Not sure for SS+ but on SS they don't recommend exercise due to the very low calorie intake. I would seek advice before you OH invests his time on a fitness programme for you .

Good luck with 100% and your WI x

Thanks Pinky, well I've ended tonight with my banana shake and my last litre of water, so at least today was a relatively good CD day.
My OH is not doing a cardio programme for me. It's only for toning and resistance training. I have spoken to my CDC about it and she said it should be ok. I'm just going to ease my way into it and see how it goes. Hopefully by doing this I won't be left with masses of skin! :eek:

Anyway, hope you had a good night. Chat soon. :)

Hi Tessie, well done on your weight loss so far! the toning and resistance exercises sound like a very good idea, I dread the thought of excess skin!x

It's great that you are now determined to remain 100%. Unfortunately VLCD's are the most punishing for not sticking to the plan, so staying on track really is important. You've still done well though despite the setbacks. Things will be much easier for you from now on though, I'm sure. :)

Thanks for all your support everyone. I will definitely let you know once my hubby has set up the exercises. Think they're gonna be pretty tough! I'm sure he'll enjoy it though. LOL.

Thanks FBS. I am definitely determined to succeed, so here goes. Still trying to figure out why I keep self-sabotaging my efforts. Really annoys me.

Have a good night everyone. I'm going to bed now to catch up on some sleep lost over my nightshifts. :)

Goodmorning, everyone. Had a bit of a hectic night last night as my daughter threw up all over my car driving home from visiting my sister last night. Yuk. Then, she was sick all over her bedding and herself, so I had to clean everything up. :eek: On the positive side - that totally put me off food! LOL.

So far this morning, I am on my first cup of coffee. I don't want to eat/drink too much before my weigh in at 12:30. I had a SP on the scales this morning, and it showed a half pound loss, which is good considering the week I've had. I suppose that will go up though by the time I get to my CDC. Anyway, still determined to restart properly today, so I will not be too upset with the result.
Feeling quite positive today, so I'll post again once I've been to the CDC.
Hope you all have a good day! :)

too bad about your daughter,hope she gets better today.good luck with your weigh in.
am also starting afresh today so you are not alone. good luck

Poor thing, I hope she gets better soon. It made me chuckle for a moment when you said about it putting you off food though.

Good luck with your weigh in, but like you say, don't take too much notice of it. It's the next one that will really count. :)

Good morning, everyone! Hope you're all having a great bank holiday weekend despite the weather. As I type, I am sitting in front of the computer at work! Yes, I'm working today and tomorrow (6am -6pm).
Anyway, I went to see my CDC yesterday and surprisingly I lost half a pound! Really pleased with that, to be honest.
I am feeling more positive today and I've decided to try SS for the next couple of days to kickstart myself back into ketosis.
So far I've started the day off with a cup of coffee. Planning to have my Strawberry Tetra about 8am, then half a choc bar about midday, Potato and Leek soup at about 15:00, then the other half of my bar about 7pm. Hopefully that will get me through the day!
Anyway, I will definitely be on the forum quite a bit today, coz working on a Sunday is really boring! LOL.

Have a good day, everyone. :)

Working? Oh no! Actually I'm working (or supposed to be) too but thats only as I havent done any for ages. Am sitting here with grumbling stomach. Don't think I have drunk enough water. Well done for that half pound! It all adds up and its not as bad as you thought it might be. What is the potato soup like? I love the other ones but didnt get that one. I am actually thinking about just having the soups and not the shakes. I only really like the chocolate and vanilla ones. Anyway, have a good day working!

Working? Oh no! Actually I'm working (or supposed to be) too but thats only as I havent done any for ages. Am sitting here with grumbling stomach. Don't think I have drunk enough water. Well done for that half pound! It all adds up and its not as bad as you thought it might be. What is the potato soup like? I love the other ones but didnt get that one. I am actually thinking about just having the soups and not the shakes. I only really like the chocolate and vanilla ones. Anyway, have a good day working!

Hi Cookie, thanks for your reply. My stomach was also grumbling a little while back, but I've just had my half a choc bar and a litre of water, so feel MUCH better. :D The potato and leek soup is ok, but I find it a bit bland. Going to spice it up with a few spices and black pepper, I think. I prefer the vegetable soup, tbh. I love the tetras, though, especially the strawberry one, and so much easier to take to work. Have a great weekend. :)
Tess

Ok, so it's 3pm and so far so good. Determined to make it a 100% today! :) Have felt a bit hungry, but have had about 2 and a half litres of water, alongside 3 cups of herbal tea so far. Had my Strawberry Tetra for breakfast and my chocolate bar, so going to try and wait to have my soup till a bit later. Will maybe try another coffee first... mmmm, we'll see.
Hope you're all having a good day. :D
Tess x

Felt a bit emotional last night and really missed my usual comfort food. Was especially difficult when my hubby came home with a pizza!!! I was so cross with him. :mad: Luckily the pizza had mushrooms on and I'm allergic, so just as well! Just the smell almost sent me over the edge.

I had to have an extra shake last night just to keep me on track, so I'm probably going to do the same today as it's another long day ahead of me. Working nights from tomorrow, so will try and have just 3 packs from tomorrow for a few days and see if that speeds up weightloss.

Must admit that I'm feeling extremely hungry today, so don't think I'm in ketosis yet (following my restart). Hopefully that will happen in the next day or so. Fingers crossed!

I'm going to go and have a cup of Rooibos tea (South African herbal tea), and a quarter of my choc bar just to get me by. It's really difficult when I get up at 3 or 4am, as I try not to have my first shake till at least 8 or 9am, but too hungry this morning.

Going bowling tonight with one of my friends. Luckily she understands what I'm going through as she was on Lighterlife till a couple of weeks ago. Have told her that I'll be on the water, so that won't be a problem. Really looking forward to getting out a bit, as I haven't been out for ages. Hubby was also invited, but he is going to stay home and look after Jessie (my daughter).

Have a great day, everyone. Will probably post on here a bit later. Think it may be a pretty hectic day at work today, so won't be able to check the forum till much later.
Bye for now.
Tess :D

Well done for getting through the evening and only having an extra meal, rather than something else. You now know that you can handle the pressure, even when things are very difficult. :)

It's good that your friend understands, so you can get out and enjoy yourself. Hope you have fun. :D

Thanks FBS, I am definitely looking forward to it. Just trying to get through the day at work at the mo. Thought it would be pretty busy, but turns out it's boring. Not good! That's why I'm trying to stay on the forum- to keep my mind and hands occupied! LOL.

Hope you're having a good day. :)
Tess

Yes, my last job had extended periods where it was really quiet. It may sound odd to some, but it's actually quite tiring doing hardly anything all day. :(

Hehe, I couldn't agree more, FBS. I find that I think more about food and used to boredom eat when it was quieter at work. So far though I've had my Banana Tetra this morning, and my chocolate bar. Feeling very hungry now, but trying not to have my soup too early, otherwise I'm going to be hungry for the rest of the day. Have already had 3 litres of water, though! Only 4 more hours to go, thank goodness!:D
How are you doing today? :)

Back