Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Hiya, thanks for that, FBS. It's been a pretty hectic morning really, so I'm pleased that I'll be on my lunch break in approx 7 mins. Now I have two choices.... half a banana shake with cinnemon, or half a strawberry shake.... mmmm, choices, choices! Might go for the banana and cinnemon really. Going to go to our little restroom, put my feet up and read my book for half an hour.
Hope you're all having a good day. :D

Hi Tessieg,

I've just read through your diary, thank you for posting it. That work schedule of yours sounds pretty tough, all of those different shifts plus looking after your 2 year old...! I don't know how you do it and keep with the diet as well.

Just wanted to say good for you and well done for keeping with it all, interesting too about splitting the shakes up.

Enjoy putting your feet up :)

Toria xxx

Hi Toria, thanks very much for that. I did really enjoy my break! :D

It's been a really hectic couple of days and apart from a couple of minor wobbles (I swear that jelly baby just jumped into my mouth on it's own accord!!!:eek:), I've been on track with CD. I'm really pleased and I'm hoping for a good loss this week. Just hoping that my exercising hasn't affected it too much. We'll see. I'm meeting my CDC on Friday morning, straight after my nightshift, so not too sure how it's gonna go, to be honest. Whenever I've weighed in after a nightshift before it usually shows that I've put on weight. :(
I'm on nightshift again tonight, and I have my trusty CD choc bar ready to be divided into small pieces for the night, my strawberry shake and my apple and cinnemon porridge, which I'm planning on having around 4am so that it sets me up till I go to sleep.

Hope you're all doing really well. Chat soon. :)

Hey - good to hear your on track. Good luck for the chat with your CDC - fingers crossed that it will be a loss and not a gain! Sounds like you are sorted with the nights now!x

Hi Cookie, thanks a lot. :)

Well, I think I've sorta got nights sussed now. It is definitely easier with 8 shakes. I don't always divide all the shakes though. If I feel hungrier at a certain time, I'll have a full shake.

I had one Tetra at about lunchtime this afternoon, then when I woke up (about 3:30pm) I had half a strawberry shake. I've been relatively ok, to be honest. Have nibbled on my choc bar which I've cut up into 10 pieces. I have 5 left for the rest of the night, so not too bad. Planning on having my other half a strawberry shake at about midnight, then going to have my apple and cinnemon porridge as I said before, at about 3:30 or 4am.

Tonight's dragging though. Have already drunk two litres of water since 6pm. They still haven't delivered our water at the office, so I've bought two large bottles of Buxton to bring in with me. Will have to do the same tomorrow night as the delivery is now only scheduled for Friday afternoon! :mad:

Well, that's another nightshift down. Pleased to report that I've done very well tonight, even resisting a tempting takeaway. (Oh, the smells..... torture!:cry:) I have drunk my 3lt of water and a few cups of Rooibos tea too. I am currently not hungry, so I haven't had my porridge yet. I think I will wait till I get home, before I go to bed. Just waiting for the relief supervisor to come in, then I'm outta here! :D

Hope you all have a good day. I will catch up with you tonight. :)

Oooh take away! I just got in from work and thought the only thing that will do is a take away. So am on here instead trying to take my mind off it. Bit hard seeing as there is a pizza cooking in the oven too.!!

Glad you had a good night tho!

Ugg, good luck Cookie! Stay strong and resist the pizza! :) I have found today quite hard to be honest. Not been too good...:eek: Oh well, I have my WI tomorrow morning at 9am, so will have to face the music. I think what triggered it is that I had a SP on the scales today to see how I was doing. Yeah, I know I shouldn't have, and now I wish I didn't. It shows a STS!! How the hell is that possible!!! :cry: I only slipped once and it was a very minor one, plus I've exercised loads this week. I know tomorrow's WI won't go too well, because it's just after I finish nights, so I will have eaten my shakes overnight, and drank my 3 - 4 litres of water.
Sorry to be on a bit of a downer. Who knows - miracles can happen. Right, better get on with some work. Chat soon.

G'morning, it's been quite a hectic night tonight. Felt a bit traumatised when the team ordered yet another takeaway!!:cry: I stayed strong though and had my Golden Veg "soup" instead. I am feeling extremely tired at the moment and I'm actually regretting that I am seeing my CDC at 9am this morning. Wish I'd said later then I could've gone to sleep for a while first.
Still not very hopeful for this WI. I'm just getting really frustrated when I see everyone else have these lovely large weightloss' and here I am losing about the same as I did on weightwatchers. :( It's totally bizarre!
I'm hoping that the few weeks that I'm on holiday will kickstart my weightloss and I've decided to definitely go on SS for that time. I really need to lose this weight soon, or my motivation is going to fade really fast.
Anyway, I will try and post once I've had my weigh in. If not, I am back at work tomorrow morning, so will update then.
Have a good day everyone.

Well, I must admit that I am devastated. :cry: I went for my WI this morning, expecting to have lost a bit, but instead I put on a pound!!! How on earth is that possible???? I was so upset that I actually burst into tears. Had a good chat with my CDC and she told me off for exercising (Zumba). :( I love Zumba and really didn't think it would hurt by doing it. Looks like I was wrong. For the next week I am not going to do any exercise and just focus on having my packs and drinking my water.
I did get some Cambridge Fibre from my CDC as I'm slightly constipated:eek: (sorry if too much info!). This might also explain my gain...
In the past, this would've defeated me and I would've given up by now, but strangely enough this has made me even more determined to get a good loss next week.
I'm still quite tired after my nightshift. Managed to grab a couple of hours sleep. My lovely sister has offered to look after Jessica (my baby girl) tonight, so I can get some sleep. I have to be up at 4am tomorrow morning for work again, so I'll need a bit of R&R.
Anyway, hope you're all doing well. Chat soon. x

:sign0163:
Well, I've had a really good day CD-wise today so far. I've had my strawberry shake this morning, apple and cinnemon porridge for lunch and my chewy choc bar cut up into 10 pieces alongside 3 cups of Rooibos tea and 2litres of water.

It's very quiet here on the boards today. Where is everyone?? Hope you're all ok?

I did almost turn to food this morning, I must admit. I came into work to find a really nasty email waiting for me.:badmood: As someone was off sick the other day, I thought I'd try and help out and cover a couple of things that needed doing. Well, apparently I did everything completely wrong and I wasted their time!!!! I was soooo upset this morning, but then I got angry:flamingmad: , and wrote a snotagram back saying that they can basically shove it where the sun don't shine, as I will not be putting myself out for them anymore.:soapbox: Right, getting off my soapbox now.:)

That made me feel much better. So, I have not eaten anything apart from my packs, even when the team were offering sweets and crisps around.
I've been invited to a BBQ tonight, which I'm a bit concerned about, if I'm honest. Luckily my friend knows I'm on CD, but there will be quite a few other people there that don't. Hope I stay strong. Going to take my strawberry tetra along, or have a small CD SS+ meal. Will see how it goes, anyway.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon. :)

Hey Tessieg1!

Am just catching up on your diary this morning as I've not been around for a few days.

So sorry for you, reading about your gain, especially when you've been working so hard as well. I really feel for you and want to give you a big hug :hug99:.

I agree with your CDC and suspect the exercise plus the lack of fibre thing is probably to blame as you certainly didn't do anything wrong.

Do you measure yourself every week? I only ask because my CDC said she often sees people who suddenly don't lose anything in a week but if they take measurements there's often a decrease in inches instead.

I do have to say though, a huge 'well done' to you for staying determined and not giving up!

Have a good day :)

Toria xxx

Hi Toria,
Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate it. I'm still determined and had a sneaky peak on the scale this morning and I've actually lost the weight again and more since weigh in. I think it was definitely the nightshift, the lack of fibre and (I found out yesterday!) TOM!!:eek:
Triple whammy! However, I am still staying positive, and really hoping to do well this week.
Hope you're having a good weekend?
Chat soon. x

Good morning everyone, well I survived the BBQ. There was sooo much lovely food including a big Black Forest Gateau! :eek: However, feel very proud of myself for saying no thank you. I did eat last night, but I had a mini chicken fillet which was BBQ'd with some spices (yum) with cucumber. Felt very virtous when everyone else was stuffed and I felt fine.:D
Did have a teeny bad moment this morning, though while I was feeding my little girl. I licked the spoon!!!:( How stupid is that! I'm going to struggle today though because I'm awake all day and then working all night. I had my strawberry tetra for breakfast this morning, but I'm very tempted to have an omelette to keep me going. Then I'm going to halve the rest of the shakes (which will make 4). Hopefully that should last me, and I am going to have a Veg Flav "soup" if I really need it too. Either that, or I'm going to get some fizzy water and add my water flavouring to keep me fuller.... mmmm, I'll see when I get there.
I'm really looking forward to my days off now. I have so much to catch up with and do. I'm going to do SS on most of the days that I'm off and SS+ on the days I know I'm going out (i.e. Gulliver's Land, Kids World, etc) Not sure how I'm going to keep my little one entertained apart from that for 20 days!! :eek: Any ideas of things that aren't too costly?
Ok, enough rambling. Hope you all have a great Sunday. Think I'm going to take Jessie out for a walk as the sun is shining here at the mo.
Chat soon. x

Hey - sorry Ive not been around! Been catching up on your diary just now. How can exercise be bad?! I dont get that bit. Maybe its the muscle weighing more than the fat thing. Dont know. I bet you lose more when you are off work you know, rushing about after your little girl will keep your mind off food. Well done for the bbq tho - I bet the cake was disgusting anyway and you wouldn't have wanted it. Well I am just going out to plan the school play with a collegue - no doubt she will crack open a bottle and I will just have my chocolate box and sparkly water. Hope youre ok thoxx

Hi Cookie! So glad to hear from you! Wondered where you were. :D Thanks for your comments. Yeah, I'm determined to lose a good amount of weight whilst I'm off and I'm going to do SS with the occasional SS+ day. I'm sure Jess will keep me busy! LOL. Planning on taking her swimming at the indoor pool near us too, so that should be fun.
I'm still going to Zumba class tomorrow as I've promised my friend that I would. I can't exactly pull out last minute. I am just not going to tell my CDC about it. :p
Hopefully it will not affect my weightloss.:cross:
Yeah, I was really proud of myself last night. To be honest, I don't really like cake very much. I'm more a savoury girl.

Working nights tonight, and I'm already knackered. :zz:
Have a good evening, and I'll catch up with you soon. :)

Well, so I made it through the night, but it was very difficult. I am so tired that I feel physically sick and I now face an hour's drive to get home. :(

I did slip up tonight -I think mainly because I was tired and therefore emotional. I had a chip from one of my colleague's takeaways! :cry: Could've been worse, I guess. I could've ordered a portion of chips of my own.

Anyway, I've not had anything but my water, Choc Tetra and lots of coffee since midnight, so I have three packs left for the day, which I'll split into 6 small meals. Can't wait to get to bed, though. I'm absolutely shattered...
I'm off today, but back into work tomorrow morning 6am, so will catch up with you all then. Hope you have a good day.

keep going, you are doing really well!

You do have a long way to drive to work - that must be hard in itself. I think youre doing really well. We are all hoping to go to Zumba next week - I told my friends about it and they are all up for it - so thanks for telling me about it! Wont have an ounce of coordination whatsoever tho! Take carex

Back