Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Hi Sarah Lou and Felix, thanks so much for your posts.

I'm feeling a bit better, thank you. Still on a shed-load of tablets and feeling a bit out of it, but I had to go back to work today.
After I posted last, I went back to the doctor as I was in so much pain and couldn't sleep. Turns out the muscles in my neck have spasmed up! I'm now on Amoxycillin, Diazepan, Naxproxen and Co-codamol! Feel a bit spacey, but at least I feel that I'm finally on the mend. I really want to get back on CD soon, as (I know this is going to sound weird) I miss my shakes. I feel kinda out of control at the mo, but still trying to make healthy options. I've put on 5lbs since stopping CD, but I'm ok with that as the glycogen stores have to refill themselves and all that.
I hope you all are ok. I'm going to restart CD on Monday, I think, but on the CD1200 plan until I see my CDC again in January. I will only have Christmas day off as my mom is cooking a special lunch for us. I have enough packs to keep me going too, so that should be ok.
I will try and post on here a bit more frequently too, now that I'm back at work.
Have a lovely weekend, all. x

Glad to hear you''re on the mend, tessie. You'll get back on 100% in January and the weight will fall off. Just don't go mad over the hols and keep your portion sizes smallish.

xx

Yes Mum! :p

Hi Hon, thanks for popping by. I'm definitely trying to not put all the weight back on again, so going to go for the CD1200 plan from tomorrow.
Feeling much better today, although my neck still really hurts. Oh well, things can only get better.

Hope you have a lovely day. x :)

hi tess, hope you get better really quick. enjoy your time off cd and use it to make healthy choices. looks like you'll be back on it full time with me in Jan. i think i'm gonna have to wait till then to give it a serious push to goal.

hi tess, hope you get better really quick. enjoy your time off cd and use it to make healthy choices. looks like you'll be back on it full time with me in Jan. i think i'm gonna have to wait till then to give it a serious push to goal.

Hi Leeds, nice to hear from you! Hope you're doing well. Yes, it will be good to have the support in January. :D
I'm starting to finally feel like a human being again, and I'm looking forward to starting CD again. I've not been very good lately at all, to be honest. Eaten a load of rubbish - mainly because I've felt so ill I haven't cooked and hubby had gotten in quite a few takeaways. :( I feel fat again, and I'm too scared to get on those scales at the moment. Oh well, I've decided that since I'm feeling much better, and I'm finishing most of the strong medication tonight, that I'm going to start on CD1200 as of tomorrow. That way at least I should maintain, if not lose a couple of pounds for Christmas.

What a lot of snow we've had overnight! I've never seen that much, to be honest. I had to literally dig my car out this morning so I could go to work. My usual hour long journey took 2 and a half hours this morning! Very scary. Have to do it all again tomorrow morning. :cry:

Anyway, hope you're all well. Will catch up with you soon. Take care. x

Hello lovely ladies, I hope you're all doing well.
I'm finally feeling well again, just my neck spasm still causing me a bit of grief, and still got a bit of a cough. Finally off all the medication, though, so that's great.
I've been working the last few days and the weather has been horrendous. It started snowing as I was leaving work this morning, and at first it wasn't too bad, but got really heavy and scary the further I went. My car got stuck and I couldn't get up the hill. Luckily a couple of lovely ( and handsome :p) chaps stopped and help push my car over the icy bit for me.
I was about halfway home when I slowly drove round a bend and my car, without warning, just slid. I ended up sideways across the other side of the road, and missed two oncoming cars by literally inches. I felt absolutley sick. My guardian angels were really with me this morning, I tell ya. I managed to stay pretty composed till I got home, but as soon as I saw my hubby, I just burst into tears. I think I came to the realisation today that it could've ended up pretty badly.

I have done quite a bit of thinking today, and I'm going to restart CD on the 27th of December, as I have quite a few packs left. I can't afford to see my CDC till mid-Jan, but have enough packs to keep me going. I'm determined that 2011 will be the year I finally become slim and healthy. I want to enjoy every day as if it's my last (sorry for the cliche :eek:).

So, I've made up my mind and I REALLY am looking forward to going back on my shakes and the CD diet.

I won't be on here much now for the next few days, so I would like to take the time to wish you all a blessed Christmas, a Happy new year and a very safe festive period. :xmassign::new_year:
I look forward to your continued support.
Thanks for being such wonderful friends over the last few months.
Chat to you all soon. x :D

:xmassign::new_year:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year to all my friends on Mini's. I hope you have a safe and wonderful festive period.

Chat to you all after Christmas. xx :D

merry xmas to you too tess.

Thanks Leeds, hope you had a great Christmas. :)

Hello everyone! I hope you had a very good Christmas. To all of you who SS'd over Christmas -well done!

I must say that I did overindulge a bit :eek:, to be honest. However, before this diet I wouldn't have stopped... I would've eaten and eaten and eaten till I felt uncomfortable. I didn't even drink that much either, as I'm still on strong painkillers for my neck.

I've been invited to another dinner party on New Years' day, so I will be now starting officially on the 2nd of January with the aim of losing a stone by the 29th of Jan (my birthday).

I'm at work at the moment, after being out till midnight last night. Feeling extremely tired! :4635:
Hope you all have a great day! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year to all my fellow miniminners! :new_year:

I'm working today, but I had a lovely night with my friends and family. I am absolutely shattered as I've only had 3 hours sleep, but it was worth it. Roll on 6pm! Going to my friends for New Years' Tea tonight, and then..... TOMORROW IS D-DAY!!! Can't wait to start back on the packs. I know it's going to be superhard, but I will do it. I have three days off work after today, so that should hopefully get me started in ketosis, or very close by before I go back to work.
Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all over the next few months.
I've not made new years resolutions as such this year. I have made goals instead, as I believe that I will achieve them:
a) lose weight
b) Reach goal by July 2011
c) spend more quality time with my daughter

Hope you all have a great day, whether you're SS-ing or about to start CD.

Here's to a great 2011! :D :party0036:

Tess's Final Restart!

Hi everyone,
After about 5 weeks off CD, I'm finally restarting again. I'm actually relieved to be back on the packs to be honest, as I still feel pretty bloated from Christmas do's and New Year's lunch, etc. I'm feeling very optimistic and determined that I will reach my goal this year.

I'm going to be starting working through the Dr Becks Diet Solution tomorrow for the Cognitive Behavioural therapy part.

I finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself this morning, and was surprised to see that I only put on 8lbs since I've come off CD about 5 weeks ago! Pretty pleased, and raring to go now. Won't be seeing my CDC till mid Jan, as I have enough packs till then. I will be taking the weight from my scales till then. They're usually a pound or two different from my CDC's scales.

Sooo, I've started today, but I've done CD810 today, and tomorrow I'm starting SS+. So, everyone, wish me luck! Looking forward to fitting into a lovely dress for my friends' birthday in 5 months time. I hope to be 5st down by then!
Chat soon. :D

Hi Tess, Happy New Year
Well done on not putting too much weight on over holidays :)
I know you will lose your 5st and look great in your dress so good luck and stay strong :D
I've just done 2nd day SS and feel good and positive but I have reset my target for 9st and have to admit I liked it when it said I only had a few more lbs to goal :rolleyes:.
Oh well. We both know what to do, and that if we stick to it we will lose those nasty lbs, and will both be able to wear nice summer clothes this year.
Good luck xxx

Hi Tess, Happy New Year
Well done on not putting too much weight on over holidays :)
I know you will lose your 5st and look great in your dress so good luck and stay strong :D
I've just done 2nd day SS and feel good and positive but I have reset my target for 9st and have to admit I liked it when it said I only had a few more lbs to goal :rolleyes:.
Oh well. We both know what to do, and that if we stick to it we will lose those nasty lbs, and will both be able to wear nice summer clothes this year.
Good luck xxx

Hi Farmgirl, thanks so much for your post. It's great to hear from you again. I did wonder how you were doing. Here's to getting to our goals, although you're almost there, hon! Well done. :D

Look forward to chatting to you soon. x

Goodmorning all,

Sorry for not updating recently, but my broadband at home has packed up! :mad: Still trying to sort out a replacement hub, but it could take a while...:(

Anyway.... CD-wise I've been doing ok the last few days, although yesterday was really hard as it was my little girl's 3rd birthday. I did have a teeny tiny blip and had a lick of the icing on her cake! :eek: Other than that, I've been good, though.

The menu for today is:
Breakfast: Choc mint shake
Lunch: Veg soup
Dinner: Scrambled egg and cucumber
Before bed: Hot choc mint

I am aiming for 3 litres of water today too.

So far, I've had my choc mint shake and one cup of black coffee and about a quarter litre of water. Time to start glugging!

Hope you all have a brilliant day and I will catch up with you soon. :)

Well, halfway through the day now, and so far I've had a really good day. I'm really pleased. I've not felt too hungry, thank goodness. My tummy did do a slight rumble when my colleague walked into the kitchen with a portion of chips smelling of lovely vinegar! :eek: However, I did not crave any. :D

I have just had a hot drink with golden water flavouring as I've begun to feel a bit empty. That should hopefully do me till I get home at about 6:30-ish.

Right, off to drink some more water - 2.5litres down so far. :)

well done Tessie you sound super organised and focussed and well done for just the lick.. that is brilliant I do love Bday cake.. but even I have asked that no Bday cake is bought for me next week :) can you see my halo glowing :eek:)

I will be reading your updates daily as your positive attitude will help me when I fully re-start. Good luck and roll on the Summer x

well done Tessie you sound super organised and focussed and well done for just the lick.. that is brilliant I do love Bday cake.. but even I have asked that no Bday cake is bought for me next week :) can you see my halo glowing :eek:)

I will be reading your updates daily as your positive attitude will help me when I fully re-start. Good luck and roll on the Summer x

Aah, thanks Hon. What a lovely post. I am definitely determined to get to goal this year, and have been reading success stories and diaries to keep me motivated too. I'm sure you'll be fine when you restart. Chat soon. :)

Still feeling pretty positive, although my head's been all over the place today. Have really struggled, if I'm honest. :(

However, to cope, I've had a CD810 day. I'm only officially back with my CDC now end Jan, so I'm using up the packs that I have left from before. I am not planning on going on the higher plans though. I think the 810 plan is quite nice actually. When I start for real back with my CDC I'm going to just be doing SS+ though. Want to make sure that this weight comes off and quickly! :D
I did have a sneaky peak on my scales today and it shows almost 3lbs lost since restart, so feeling quite upbeat after that.
I've just had my veg soup and I'm planning on having my choc mint as mix-a-mousse about 3am-ish.
I am a bit behind on the water today, though, so better get drinking.:eek:

Chat soon. :)

Hello again, miniminners.

It's my last nightshift tonight, and I have four lovely days off after! Yay! :D

Diet-wise it's still going ok. Trying my hardest to stick to it properly, but I have had a couple of teeny blips. However, I've just been given an extra incentive, so I'm extremely motivated today. One of my friends told me that he's getting married in March, and I'm invited. Right, I have 2 and a half months to lose as much weight as possible so that I can look good at his wedding. Whilst I'm on my rest days I'm going to do SS+, but when I'm working I'm going to do CD810, so hopefully that combination will help me lose the weight. Oooh, so excited now!:D
Anyway, I will catch up with you all soon. I've got tons of work to do tonight, so might pop in before I go home in the morning. Have a good evening, all. x :)

Back