Tess' fight against the flab

Hi Tess

Hope you dont mind me popping in! Well done for getting going and for such a great start. I am no expert but you might want to make 2 changes: eat more and eat more syns :)

Have a read around on this forum, people keep saying we need to be sure we eat enough or our bodies will hold onto the fat- and start with 15 syns a day then you have something to cut back on when you are nearer target. Just a thought, loads of people offer this advice :)
Best wishes with it
Tracy

Hi Tess

Hope you dont mind me popping in! Well done for getting going and for such a great start. I am no expert but you might want to make 2 changes: eat more and eat more syns :)

Have a read around on this forum, people keep saying we need to be sure we eat enough or our bodies will hold onto the fat- and start with 15 syns a day then you have something to cut back on when you are nearer target. Just a thought, loads of people offer this advice :)
Best wishes with it
Tracy

Hello Tracy,

Thanks very much for your post. I don't mind you popping by at all. Thanks for your advice. I will definitely try and eat more syns. I'm sure it won't be that hard! LOL. :p Hope you're doing well. x

Hello all, haven't had chance to update my diary these last few days as I'm off work with my daughter this week. My childminder is on holiday!

Well, went to weigh in on Monday evening and I lost 2.5lbs!! I also got Slimmer of the Week and I was absolutely astonished. I did not expect that at all, but it made me feel really good.

Yesterday was a bit of challenge to say the least. My neighbour invited my daughter and I to go to Bewilderwood in Wroxham with her and her two kids. It was an absolutely amazing day. Food-wise it wasn't so good. :eek: We tried to make the best selection that there was, though. We had a baked potato with beans for lunch, and some carrot and cucumber battons, but we also had an ice cream and stopped off for fish and chips next to the sea at Gorleston beach. I did have a child's portion though and only had three quarters of it, but I honestly don't know how many syns I used yesterday. However, it was really worth it and I have six days to make up for it. Have already been doing loads of housework today. My legs are really protesting at all the walking and exercise of yesterday.
I'm also planning on doing some Zumba on Wii later and my Just Dance 2 workout, if I can get my legs going! LOL.

So far today I've had:
Breakfast:
Weetabix Crunch Bran
Semi-skimmed milk (hae)
Nectarine

Lunch:
Roast chicken mugshot
Fruit salad - Strawberries, banana, apple and pear with Activia FF peach yogurt (0.5 syns)

Snacks:
Snack-a-jacks Crunchy Curls (3.5 syns)
Hi-Fi Choc bar (6 syns)

Dinner:
Tuna and sweetcorn pasta (free)
Extra Light mayo 2 tbsp (1 syn)
Mixed Salad

Hope you're all having a good day. :D

Wow! Well done on your weight loss and getting Slimmer of the Week :)

Wow! Well done on your weight loss and getting Slimmer of the Week :)

Thanks very much, Dannilion. Just saw your stats! You're doing amazingly well. :D

Good morning, all. Well, it's been a manic week to say the least, and I am ashamed to admit that I fell off the wagon. :( I found it really difficult being out of my routine whilst I was at home with my daughter and I turned to comfort food again.
So, I'm drawing a line and am starting again this morning.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my fresh start starts now.

Breakfast:
weetabix and skimmed milk
banana

Snack: Tomato and herb mugshot

Lunch:
WW Hearty Veg Soup

Snack:
Salt and vinegar snack a jacks

Dinner:
Quorn Cottage pie
Broccoli
Cauliflower

I'm meant to have my weigh in tonight, but I can't go. I am working late as I've been off all week. So, I have some time to get myself back on track.

Have a good day, all. :)

Well, had weigh in this morning and I've put on a pound. :sigh: Actually I expected it, so it wasn't much of a shock. I ran out of thyroxine on Thursday and will only get some again this week. It's been a nightmare, but I'm just carrying on eating as I'm meant to and I'm sure that once I'm on the meds again my weightloss will follow.
Hope you're all having a good day. I'm committing myself to 100% week, and I'm about to do some Zumba on the Wii. :)
Will catch up soon. :)

Woke up feeling much more positive again and ready for a 100% day on SW. So far it's been a good day. Feeling good. :D

I'm on a green day today, so my menu is:
Breakfast:
weetabix (hae)
250ml Skimmed milk (hae)
Banana

Snack: Hi-fi Bar - Ravishing Ruby (hae)

Lunch:
Mullerlight Toffee yogurt (free)
Grapes
Nectarines
Apple

Snack:
Mug Shot Tom and Herb (free)

Dinner:
Jacket potato
Baked beans
cheese (hae)
mixed salad

Syns: Snack-a-jacks 4.5 syns
1 tbsp extra light mayo 1 syn

I've spoken to the doctors and they won't give me any emergency medication. Not very pleased with them, but I'm really hoping that it won't make too much of a difference to my weightloss this week.
Hope you're all having a good day. :)

It's been a really emotional and exhausting couple of weeks. I'm back on my medication now and focussed 100% on weightloss.
I STS this week, and I don't know why. :( I have been 100% and have been exercising too (Zumba, Exercise bike and Wii fit).
My consultant has given me the S.A.S (Slimmers Against Sabotage) forms to fill in this week. I find they're really helping me stay on track. I have also started working through the Becks Diet Solution (Cognative Behavioural Therapy), so I think this is helping me keep on track too.
I'm hoping for a good loss this week. I find it more difficult to stick to the plan over the weekends, and we're going to a Steam Fayre and Rally on Saturday. There are going to be loads of fastfood stalls, I bet! Hopefully there will be a jacket potato stall or something like that. Might just pack some food in too. We'll see. :)
Anyway, hope you're all ok.
Catch up soon. x

Hey hun, it's nice to finally meet someone who struggles as much as I have done. I was so sad when I ended my first 3 months at 4lb weight loss but it's a hard thing to fight your mind against how you used to live and how you now want to change.

I'm Renate btw, I've decided to buy a 12 week countdown in 2 weeks (get a free Christmas book) to see if it keeps me more motivated to stay away from the crap for more than 3 weeks at a time. I have NOT been 100% this week, 3 days off, one consuming over 84 syns :S xx

Hello Renate, thank you for your post. It is also nice to hear from someone who's struggling like me. Well done on buying the 12 week pass. I've restarted yesterday after being ill for two weeks. I am now starting from square one again. :( However, this time I'm determined to lose this weight for good. I've realised that it's not a race. I'm going to take my weightloss at a steady pace and I WILL make it one day. We can be diet buddies, if you like, to motivate each other?
Thanks again and I hope you've done really well this week. x:)

So, after two weeks of being basically off plan, I am restarting today. I've been ill with inner ear and chest infection and laryngitis to top it all off. I'm still on antibiotics and the docs have also given me steroid tablets to help me breathe. Since Friday when I started taking these steroid tablets I have put on 4lbs. :( Luckily I have only two more days of them left.

So, I went to my meeting last night, even though I'm still not feeling 100% and my voice is still gone. I really enjoyed it and am glad I went. I knew I'd put on weight, but it was a shock to see 4lbs. My consultant had the cardboard Christmas tree there and we all got to write our Christmas wishes/commitments down and stick them on the tree. I have committed to losing a stone by Christmas. I am soooo determined to do this now. I've had enough of being this size. I look in the mirror and am absolutely disgusted with what I see. I am still envious of the people who find it so easy to lose weight, but I'm going to go at my own pace. I will get there - I WILL!!

Today is my first day back on plan 100%. So far today I've had:
Breakfast:
Weetabix (hexb)
Semi-skimmed milk (hexa)
Banana

Snack:
New hi-fi Slimming bar cranberry and yogurt (Yummy!) (hexb)
Apple

Lunch:
Roast Chicken Mug Shot
Grapes
Activia Strawberry Snackpot

I have my other mini hi-fi bar for when I get peckish later (choc and caramel - can't wait to try it!)

For dinner I'm planning on having:
Jacket potatoe
Baked beans
Grated cheese (hexa)
cucumber
lettuce

All in all I'm feeling pretty positive about this. As soon as I'm well again, I'm going to increase my exercise too.

Onwards and downwards as they say. ;)

Thanks for reading. :)

Well, it turned out to be a really good day yesterday. I'm really pleased with myself. I used 5.5 syns on a small curly wurly and I had a lovely baked potatoe last night with baked beans, broccoli and carrots.

I'm definitely feeling more positive. My colleague is also doing SW and she's lost 12lbs in 4 weeks so far. She's really very supportive of me and I'm finding that talking to her each day is keeping me on track and motivating me to stay 100%. Most of the ladies in the office have started a slim for Christmas diet, so the sweets have been banished (hurray!) and instead we have fruit bowls and low cal snacks. :)
I've had a green day again today, and I've had the following:

Breakfast:
Weetabix (hexb)
Semi-skimmed milk (hexa)
grapes

Snack:
Mini hi-fi Cranberry and Yogurt bar (hexb)

Lunch:
Pasta salad with broccoli
Mullerlight Coconut
Grapes
Apple

Snack:
Mini Hi-fi Choc and caramel bar (hexb) (these are two bars for 1 hexb) :D

Dinner:
Homemade veg soup
2 x wholemeal slices (6 syns)

Drinks today:
2 litres of water, Rooibos tea and a bottle of diet Pepsi.

I'm planning on doing 15 -30 mins on the exercise bike tonight. (not quite sure if I'm 100% ready after my illness, but I'm going to give it a go).

Feeling really positive and I'm hoping that this shows on the scales next week. Anyway, gotta go polish my halo.... :8855:
Hope you're all having a good day. ;)

Great that your sounding so positive! Good luck for WI and hope your hard work shows :)

Thanks very much, Emmey. I am still feeling positive and determined. Hope you're doing well too. :D

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well.
I'm so excited to say that my hard work paid off this week. To my absolute shock and amazement I lost 5lbs this week! Eeek! That gave me such a boost. I joined the gym on Monday and have been twice so far. Went to a Zumba class yesterday. It was at the gym and it was really really hard. The gym instructor was really fast and I didn't get time to learn the steps. However, in that short space of time I was sweating buckets! Planning on going tonight, and then I won't be able to go till the weekend as I go to my mom's two days a week so I don't have to travel that far to work.

Diet-wise has been ok. I had a teeny tiny blip yesterday and ate a packet of my favourite McCoys, but that was before the Zumba session too. I've put it behind me and am going to do a few days of extra superfree foods to try and speed up my weightloss. I have set my target weightloss at 2lbs this week, so I'm going to try my best to get it. Fingers crossed!

Today's menu is:
Breakfast:
Weetabix and skimmed milk (hexb and hexa)
Grapes
Snack: 2 x mini hi-fi bars (1hexb)
Lunch:
Mullerlight vanilla yogurt (free)
Tomato and herb mugshot (free)

Snack:
apple
Dinner:
Not too sure yet...
either chicken and steamed veg or chicken pasta..:rolleyes:

Hope you're all having a good day. x

Brilliant great loss! Well done! Especially for the exercise! Hoping to up mine this week to help weight drop! Well done again :)

Well, I've had a really good couple of weeks and I've now reached my half stone reward and a total of 8lbs off. I'm definitely feeling more positive now, even though I wish I could lose weight a bit quicker. My aim is to lose 6lb by Christmas now to make up my stone. Really going to try my best.

I've been going to the gym almost daily and am definitely starting to feel a bit better for it. I went to Zumba last week and it almost killed me, and went again yesterday and I was able to keep up! :D

I'm hoping to break the cycle of weightloss I'm experiencing as I lose one week, stay the same the next. I am aiming for 1lb loss a week now to get my 6lbs by Christmas. Fingers crossed.

I must admit that I am struggling a bit food-wise. Am trying to have a lot of superfree, but it's a bit difficult when I am terrible in the kitchen. Bought myself a slow-cooker last weeks, so going to make some superfree soups for lunches.
Sorry about rambling on. :eek: Hope you're all having a good week.

I'm starting to feel really downhearted and wonder if I'm just destined to be fat. :cry: I put on 5lbs this week! How the hell did that happen??!! It's like I take one step forward then two steps back.
I had one day off plan, but I only had 5 drinks and a childs' portion of homemade chicken korma at a housewarming party. I even resisted the snacks and dessert. I expected a gain of up to a pound, but 5?????:eek:
I'm going to try one last time to lose weight on SW because I really like the diet. After that, I'll have to find something else. I just don't know why it's not working for me. I'm really trying so hard. I'm still going to the gym up to 5 times a week, and I swim and do Zumba.
So, going to try to do a mix of green and red days this week and up the superfree as well as my water. Fingers crossed that I can get back on track.
Sorry for the moan. Just felt I needed to get that off my chest so I can concentrate on the week again. Wish me luck, everyone. x

Well, I've had a long talk with myself and I'm going to give it my all this week to try and lose the 5lbs I gained. I am seeing my personal trainer tonight, so I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow! LOL.
I've started this morning with oats porridge with 1 scanbran crumbled into it (yuck!) and an apple. For lunch I have chicken breast with steamed veg, and I don't quite know what I'm having for dinner yet. I only get back from the gym after 8pm tonight, so don't really want to eat something heavy. Might have some scrambled eggs. We'll see.
Anyway, feeling more positive today, thank goodness, after crying myself to sleep last night.
Hope you all have a good day.

Well, I lost 4lbs this week, which I'm really pleased about. I'm aiming for a STS this coming week as we had our works christmas do last night.

I am really trying to lose weight and get healthy now. I felt so embarrassed last night as I was the biggest one there and I really struggled to find something to wear that wouldn't show all my fat rolls. I've made a vow that this will be the last Christmas do that this happens at. Next year I will wear a nice dress.

I'm going to starting listening to my Paul McKenna and Susan Hepburn hypnosis CD's again, as I find that I'm more motivated to eat healthily and stick to plan when I do so.

I'm sick to death with being this size and I'm getting so frustrated that it's only me that seems to be struggling to lose this horrible weight. I know I shouldn't compare myself to anyone else, but it's hard when my colleague has lost 29.5lbs in 12 weeks and I've lost 7lbs in that space of time. What is wrong with me. :confused:

I really don't want to be a fat bridesmaid at my friends wedding. I got dressed at my mom's house yesterday and saw myself in her full-length mirror and I felt revolted.

So, I'm going to carry on and perservere with eating healthily and going to the gym. I will re-evaluate in a couple of months time and if I still haven't lost weight, I might try another diet.

Anyway, thanks for reading my essay.
Have a good weekend.

Back