TETRA EXPLOSION

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
This morning me and HB heard a BANG - after much looking around we convinced ourselves it must have been next door.

I have just opened the fridge to get out a shake and my fridge is pink and stinks :cry: A strawberry tetra has exploded and gone everywhere - leaving an awful smell (not strawberry I might add) I've checked the box of the exploded tetra, it is in date until DEC 09 - why on earth has this happened, and has it happened to anyone else?

The tetras weren't squashed in the fridge or anything...:mad:

Now I have the pleasure of cleaning it, I'm heaving though - it wreaks :jelous::jelous::jelous:

lol im so sorry emma.
i bought 3 banana tetras last year which were together in a pack.
on opening the first it tasted really sour, literally sour milk. the other 2 were exactly the same although the dates on them was excellent.
im not sure how this happens. perhaps somewhere down the line during transit they were stored in unsuitably warm conditions. thats all i can think of.

Yeah we thought the same. Although the others have tasted ok. Very odd!

Saying that though, I'm not sure I could stomach another strawberry tetra again. It's been a nightmare cleaning it off in the fridge it's so sticky and gloopy. Yuck!

Hugs x x x

god! That is weird!!

But....i blame everything on the strawberry tetras, they reek! It takes me forever to get rid of the taste in my mouth when i drink one - choc and banana are the way forward!

LOL

hope it doesnt take too long to clean the fridge
xxxxxxxx

Euugghhhh! Sound revolting, knew there was a reason i don't do tetras. Sympathies with the fridge cleaning, did mine yesterday and i hate that job. xx

:)Hmmmmm

I must say I have only ever had one Tetra and it was stawberry. Made me so sick, tasted so rank!!!!! EEWWWW.

This sad tale does not surpise me. I think there is something kooky about the strawberry Tetras.

I hope the fridge has now recovered.

lol @ Claudine - yes my fridge has now recovered thankfully, but the smell is all round the house. I've had windows open and the oust has been sprayed...
But at least I gave my batwings something to think about while I was giving it some welly cleaning the fridge out!!! LMAO

Hugs x x x

oooooo yeahthink about the calorie burn of cleaning it all up.
never heard of one exploding before.
i have to admit i quite like all the tetra's find them a lazyalternative to porridge/shakes/soups. just grab out of the fridge and drink on the way to work lol
xoxox

As a CDC I have had a few potential time bomb tetras. During transit sometimes if they are handled badly the seam may get a tiny split this allows the air to get in or maybe a little split in the bit where you put the straw.

The milk curdles and ferments and then as you say can explode.

If you find yourself in possession of one of the little beggers (you will know as they look like they are bursting at the seems the box is really swollen) carefully put it in the sink, cover with some kitchen paper then carefully with two sharp knives pierce either side of the pack. It will spurt but the paper should absorb the mess.:hide:

And yes they do stink as they are sour milk by this stage:sign0137:

It doesn't happen that often but once is enough for any super hero.

As a CDC I have had a few potential time bomb tetras. During transit sometimes if they are handled badly the seam may get a tiny split this allows the air to get in or maybe a little split in the bit where you put the straw.

The milk curdles and ferments and then as you say can explode.

If you find yourself in possession of one of the little beggers (you will know as they look like they are bursting at the seems the box is really swollen) carefully put it in the sink, cover with some kitchen paper then carefully with two sharp knives pierce either side of the pack. It will spurt but the paper should absorb the mess.:hide:

And yes they do stink as they are sour milk by this stage:sign0137:

It doesn't happen that often but once is enough for any super hero.

Too right! lol - My hb has been cursing me since it happened and told me not to have tetras 'just incase' - so think i'll keep tetra's at work from now on! LMAO

eeewwwwwwww! that is nasty hun!!!
i dont have them myself but have had far too many shake incidents during blending! lol (my DH got covered when he did one the other day for me!ha ha)

xx

Back