TetraPak Icecream

yyx99

just had my 1st tetrapak and thought that I would have it as icecream. Very cold.

Just one question. how long do you put it in the frezzer for. as I think I went over the top by 24hrs. it was rock solid.

Nice change though

I did the same 1st time and they take ages to defrost, lol

I usually pop one in the freezer a couple of hours beforehand and it's a better consistency.

Makes a nice change having them like that :)

I leave mine in there all week until I remember that I bought them.
The harder it is the longer it takes for me to eat it :p

I pull away the top part of the cardboard by scoring with a knife all the way around the middle, and using scissors to cut to the top part, then use the bottom part of the cardboard as an icecream cone, no mess!

I leave mine in overnight.. I then leave it in fridge for an hour before I want to eat it, it softens ever so slightly and is soooo yummy and creamy...
As my belly is still hurting, I am going to have another tonight.

x

depends on your freezer.

I leave mines in for weeks until I remember them, pull it out when having brekkie, leave it in the fridge and its good for lunch.

that sounds lush! might try it in a few weeks time! :)

I had one for the first time on Saturday. Put it in the freezer for about 3 hours-it was a bit too runny on the inside but I couldn't wait any longer. Ate it from the pack with a spoon-it was yummy and really filled me up! I was also freezing cold for ages afterwards!:D

I had my first ice-cream last night, put it in in the morning but didn't get it out early enough and went to bed much later than I planned cos I had to wait for it to defrost to edible levels ;) think I'll give it a couple of hours next time :)

i live on frozen tetras! 3-4 hrs gives you a nice ice-creamy mush :D

I take mine to work with me though so during the week i leave them in overnight and then take them to work with me and leave them in the fridge and by the time it gets to about 11am (for brekkie) and about 2-3pm-ish (for lunch) they have defrosted enough to enjoy and then can just eat them straight out the carton!

I find sqeezing them into an easy to cut shape (pull up the flaps and kind of squash the top upwards) before i freeze them makes life a lot easier!! xxx

Back