Tetras, how long do they take to freeze?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Err I guess the question is what it says on the tin! Just wondering how long I need to put them in the freezer for.

I think it's about 30 minutes but don't quote me on that as I don't have them.

I live on frozen tetras! absolutely love them!! I find a few hrs (3-4) in the freezer turns them into a nice ice-creamy mush! depends how icy u like them... I tend to leave mine in the freezer overnight and then take them out and leave them in the fridge in the morning to let them defrost a little (couple of hrs) before eating one for brekkie and one for lunch! the more icy they are the longer they take to eat as you kind of scrape/shave bits off with the spoon as you go! Very tasty though and highly recommended! :) xxx

I usually put them in the freezer as soon as I get them from my CDC. As the harder the are, they longer they take to eat.

I leave mine in over night. I always put it in the microwave to derost for 30 seconds before eating. They are just like prop ice cream then....yummy

Does any one else find that when they are really hard, you use more calories chasing the thing around the bowl, than the 100 odd calories thats in it!

Mine's been in since about 7.30ish and it's still not frozen. Oh well, I'll leave it for tomorrow. I'm actually not hungry anyway.

I find 3 hours is about right. The inside is still quite mushy but the outside nicely frozen.

I guess it would vary a bit from freezer to freezer though.

Yup 3 hours gives a frozen "shell" & a semi frozen yummy middle in my freezer too. Snip off the top & dive in with a spoon *drools*

30 mins?! Ice cubes don't even freeze in that amount of time!

LOL-my freezer has a fast freeze facility and if I put baby food in there it's pretty frozen in 30 minutes, so I figured tetras might be the same...guess not though :D

I had my very first frozen banana tetra tonight....
It took abotu 3hrs but was rock hard.... so I shaved the 'icecream' off before eating it!
It was very yummy and something i would have again!

x

When can you have tetras? Is it after week 2?

You're all driving me mad with this ice-cream talk haha!

No, you can have tetras from Day 1. :D

Unfrozen, are the chocolate ones as nice as the chocolate shake?
Personally, I think the tetras are nicer! Haven't tried them frozen though, but am about to go put one in the freezer right now!

The Tetras are much 'smoother' and silkier, and I think a lot sweeter. I like both the chocolate shake and Tetra, but I think they are quite different to each other.

Back