Textured Soy Protein

trudyc

Gold Member
Hi Guys
Bought some soy protein chunks today - couldn't see textured soy protein - looks like dog food tbh - is it the same as textured soy protein and what do I do with it?????? Want the things that are supposed to taste like peanuts!!!! LOL x

You've said you bought some but you couldn't find any??!?

I think its TVP or textured vegetable protein you're looking for. I've not tried it dry to be honest myself as I used to eat it as a vegetarian - pretty disgusting, like sloppy wet bread!

Hi Trudy

I think you've bought the right stuff but you've got 'chunks' rather than 'mince'.

Sorry to say that I'm with Zakcat in this though, way too many horrible experiences of the stuff when I was veggie.

Hope you prove us wrong! :)

P x

trudy it took me 3 days to open my packet and pop a chunk in my mouth.
try it- they're great.
literally- tear the corner of the packet. pick a smallish one up and chew.
satisfying.

My husband loves this! Don't think he has ever tried it plain but he likes it made into curry or chilli. I'm going to have to try it plain now!

Hi! I am wondering if we are allowed to have soy. I can't seem to find it in my book (or I am too tired)! I am currently on attack. So can I replace meat with it? I'm not a vegetarian but I would like to have the option.... Thanks!!

It is a tolerated item (50 gr.)
Better save it for cruise.
It is not recommended to totally replace meat (in this diet).

Trudy you made me smile thank you!! I love it how we chase flavour, I haven't found any yet but apparently you eat it raw or slightly toasted(dry) which appeals to me more, let us know what you think,hugsxx .

Back