Tez's Sw diary.........need to be slim again

Cas3 said:
My oh is the same with money as soon as we got it he basically finds silly things to spend it on, wots hubby said to night? also my oh was on his phone last nite and kept telling me about an app and it only turns out his joined mfp! xx

It's the whole smoking thing, he see's it as I won't let him have just £4 a day for cigarettes but I'm trying to explain to him while I'm magically doing a weeks shop on £50 a week incl baby milk and nappies, I have no way of letting him have nearly £30 of it. We don't argue about it I just have a go every day because he doesn't get it, but he has said there's no way he'd put himself first over us which he doesn't. He's just told me that he isn't goin to get anymore he's just had his last one and he's going to try and quit cos I've had a face on since he said he was goin to shop ( he has quit quite easy loads of times with no help but as soon as we have steady money again he starts smoking) but I don't for one minute think it's easy, I know that and I've never smoked. I've told him he doesn't need to quit can he just cut down to some every 2 day, even that'll help but he said he's going to try and quit anyway. I just feel like a crap wife for not even letting him have this one luxury but I just can't get the extra money. It's bad enough we've had to stop long term damage to my car by putting it back on the road which is so expensive. Don't get me wrong, were doing pretty well, hubby isn't on a very high wage, I'm on maternity, we private rent, have 2 cars, both on finance, we have sky, contract phones etc so we are very very lucky to have stuff that a lot of people can't afford even on two full wages. Just we have to do what's best with the money that's left. I'm going to treat him when I go back to work, not sure how though x

Cas3 said:
My oh is the same with money as soon as we got it he basically finds silly things to spend it on, wots hubby said to night? also my oh was on his phone last nite and kept telling me about an app and it only turns out his joined mfp! xx

Is he dieting with you? Bless him. Hubby is very bad when it comes to spending money on rubbish things, I've been teaching him round the supermarkets what is a lot of money for a certain item, and teaching him to shop better, not necessarily buying the cheapest either and I'm teaching him what shopping to buy that lasts longer, for example he spent £6 on 2 pasty's and 4 sausages rolls from Morrison's which were gone by tea time between him and Jack, I told him he could have got 16 Cumberland sausage rolls from Morrison's for £2, 10/12 eggs from iceland for £1, 4 x tins beans from lidl £1.04, a bag of spuds £1 from Morrison's and a big bunch banana's for the same amount........all because he didn't want to cook his lunch lol x

hells2012sw said:
Lol, mine has just been telling me he needs a sun lounger, FFS it's nearly winter!!

Ha ha, did you remind him we don't get enough of a summer as it is? Lol x

Yeah mine's a bit like that, for Naomi's christening last week some people gave us money so we were thinking of things to get her, so hubby was thinking of things that she wouldn't need for like 3 years yet. He said it saves us buying it then?? Lol x

He wants to lose bit weight but his terrible at dieting he just needs to cut back and exercise more, dont like the idea with being on mfp i'll have to be careful wot I say lol. His bad at shopping too I rather do the shopping as we get much more for our money he buys the expensive stuff and doesnt really look at prices a few wks ago he fancied omelette for dinner and he spent nearly 20 quid on ingredients which was silly for that much we cud of got a takeaway in.
The smoking thing must be really hard as its so expensive to smoke I agree wiv wot your saying as your not asking him to quit just to cut back x

Well hubby's quitting smoking lasted until 11.15 this morning, considering he only got up at 10.30 :( I knew he wouldn't do it. Oh well same old x

Today is red -

Breakfast - 2syn
WW bread, omelette and BBQ sauce
Cup of tea

Lunch - 5.5
WW bread and he cheese
Muller strawberry
Quavers
2 cups tea

Tea - 5 syn
Spaghetti bolognaise WW
Pork loin slices lean
Grapefruit

Syns - 12.5

Water - 2 so far

Last edited:
oasis6918 said:
Well hubby's quitting smoking lasted until 11.15 this morning, considering he only got up at 10.30 :( I knew he wouldn't do it. Oh well same old x

I kno how that feels jay was the same only now i started again :(

I get my last mat pay friday :,( dunno what im.gonna do as not goin bk and still not registered childminder yet :(

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 12 to go. 40lb by xmas 40 to go. 61lb by mid march 61 to go

hells2012sw said:
Oh no, has he tried cutting down? That's how I quit

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

He says he's going to cut down, he hasn't got a choice, the money physically isn't there, but he used to smoke roll ups, so if he does that again he'll get more for his money..... X

Leeanne910 said:
I kno how that feels jay was the same only now i started again :(

I get my last mat pay friday :,( dunno what im.gonna do as not goin bk and still not registered childminder yet :(

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 12 to go. 40lb by xmas 40 to go. 61lb by mid march 61 to go

Oh no, you've done all the paperwork though haven't you? How long does it take? Do you have to fit certain criteria to be a child minder? I'd love to do it but not sure I'd fit the criteria x

Hope ur ok hunny xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 214.5lb...Goal:: 154lb 60.5lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19.5lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 11.5 to go. 40lb by xmas 39.5 to go. 61lb by mid march 60.5 to go

Back