Thai chilli chicken noodle soup.

Pipaluk

I will be skinny!
I made this recipe up one day when I wasn't sure what to make and had a few bits of ingredients in my cupboards I wasn't sure what to do with. I think it is delicious and it is pretty low syn! The whole pan contains 3 1/2 syns on EE, has lots of speed foods and will serve 4 people at a minimum, it is also freezer friendly too as I make a batch up most weeks and freeze it incase I am having one of those days. :)

What you will need:

* 50g sachet of Sharwoods Thai green curry paste (2 syns)
* 150g Amoy straight to wok fine noodles (1 1/2 syns)
* 2 skinless chicken breast
* 1l of boiling water
* 1 knorr veg stock cube
* 1 red pepper, diced
* 1/2 a small tin of sweetcorn
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 onion, diced
* 4 small chopped mushrooms
* 2 small medium chillis, diced (if you like your soup hot, hot, hot you can add a hotter chilli!)
* 1tsp of dry chilli flakes
* 1tsp of dry mixed herbs

I chop my onion and dice my chicken then fry that for about 10 minutes in some fry light. I chop the rest of my veg up while the chicken and onions are cooking, put the kettle on to boil the water and time it so when the kettle boils the chicken is done. I add all the chicken, veg and water into the pan and put it on to boil for 5 minutes, add the noodles, curry paste and the stock cube as well as the chilli flakes and herbs. I move it onto a lower light and leave it to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring it occasionally.

It's really easy and delicious to make! I am just tucking into a bowl of it now :p xx

That sounds delicious, going to save it to put in my recipe folder, thanks!

I'm sure you know already but if you used dry noodles they are free :) I use sharwoods ones.

I thought the noodles I was using were free until I checked on the syn calculator ..woops. I wasn't too sure how it would turn out with dry noodles so I haven't tried it as I thought the amount of noodles you use in your portion isn't very much! You will have to let me know how you find it :) xx

Back