Thai Curry with 'Coconut flavoured Skimmed Milk/Yoghurt' - Anyone attapmted this?

MrsHop

Hi Everyone,

I love food :D and one of my favourite things to make and at is a Thai Cocnut Curry. I was thinking about substituting the coconut milk with Dukan coconut flavouring and yoghurt/skimmed milk. Everything else is just garlic and spices, fish sauce, onions and whatever veg I fancy putting in.

Just wondering if anyone has attempted something like this before and whether it was a success or not.

I have a fantastic recipe for Chicken Bhuna which I will post in the recipe section, which as far as I can tell would be allowed on a PV day. The only thing I would query is how much tomato purr and onion are we allowed on a PP day?

Thanks

Sarah

Last edited:
Hi Mrs Hop

Our lovely Mon makes Thai curry, but she's swanning around Vienna this week ... ! :D

On PP days, onion is to be used as a garnish rather than a vegetable. Tomato purée is no more than one tablespoon on a PP day.

Hope this helps!

P x

Hi sarah like you we are huge fans of Thai cuisine. I make my own green paste and use coconut flavouring for the sauce. Not tried it with milk my favourite way is with Soya yoghurt, I cook my meat and the green paste together and don't cook the yoghurt just stir it in at the end. it's yum xx

Hi sarah like you we are huge fans of Thai cuisine. I make my own green paste and use coconut flavouring for the sauce. Not tried it with milk my favourite way is with Soya yoghurt, I cook my meat and the green paste together and don't cook the yoghurt just stir it in at the end. it's yum xx

Thanks Monica, will definitely give this a go!

Sarah
x

Back