Thanks BritMum!

I have always been rubbish at cooking eggs (I dont know why, but there are either too far cooked or massively undercooked!!) so when I found BritMums recipe for Poached egg, fried style I just had to try it and it was fantastic - the best cooked eggs I have EVER made! Thanks BritMum! :talk017:

dsc_0053.jpg

Method
Fill a frying pan half way with water and put to hob
When water is hot
Crack eggs into water as you would do a fried egg
When eggs are almost done, use spatula to flick water over the top of eggs to make sure the top is fully cooked.

i just made them and they were very nice! however do you have to wait for the water to be boiling before you add the egg because my egg seemed to migrate across the water quite easily and it seemed like i lost quite a bit to the water! :p

I boiled the water in the kettle but turned the pan down really low when I added the eggs. I think they prob need to be fresh too so the egg stays together perhaps.

Hey, hey.................... it worked! Would've taken picture but can't find camera and I've eaten them......yum yum!

Thanks for that hint BritMum and Mushypeas for initially posting this thread with picture.

Lizabeth

oooh only just seen this lol. They are yummy like this. I have been doing them like that for years.

and yes you do need the water to be hot before adding the eggs. ;)

Back