Step 1 Sole Source That 1lb loss

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Ok so I will have my moan and then finish positively.

But I've read around the forum and I know posts of people have the dreaded rubbish 3rd week wi. For me it came too, -2lbs but was overall pleased as -19lbs in 3 weeks was awesome!!!!

Was encouraged by me CDC that if I stuck with it my weight loss on week 4 would be better .... -1lb (ok so this week I wore jeggings and a top rather than the usual summer dress - but it's much colder now)

Now as my CDC pointed out that's 5lbs/week average and a total of 20lbs. Which is fab. But her positive "your have a huge loss next week" promise I feel is almost setting me up for a fail and disappointment.

I honestly feel that if I get another crappy loss it may be the end of it :(

Any words of advice? Xxx

No advice really, and after years of dieting myself and feeling demotivated after a bad run of weigh ins i know exactly how you feel. i think it would be such a shame to give in now and ruin all of your hard efforts so far. Try not to focus on how much you have to lose, and focus on how much you have lost already!!! You have already proven that the plan works so its just a matter of sticking with it whilst your body sorts itself out.

I am fascinated by people's weekly weigh in stats and can see that it's very common to go a few weeks of 1 or 2 lb losses and then wham! Goodbye 6lb! Have faith and don't let this demotivated you x

Well done on your weight loss so far! 20lb in 4 weeks is amazing!!

But the "promise" your consultant made was presumably based on you sticking to the diet? I think your 1lb loss may have more to do with a double decker and garlic bread rather than the diet not working. You'll have had a glycogen boost and be retaining water from eating off plan as both will have been hefty on the carb side. But it's not permanent.

My advice would be to stick to the diet 100% this week and hopefully you'll be rewarded with a good loss :) xx

No advice really, and after years of dieting myself and feeling demotivated after a bad run of weigh ins i know exactly how you feel. i think it would be such a shame to give in now and ruin all of your hard efforts so far. Try not to focus on how much you have to lose, and focus on how much you have lost already!!! You have already proven that the plan works so its just a matter of sticking with it whilst your body sorts itself out.

I am fascinated by people's weekly weigh in stats and can see that it's very common to go a few weeks of 1 or 2 lb losses and then wham! Goodbye 6lb! Have faith and don't let this demotivated you x

Hmmm let's hope I get a wham next week thanks :) xx

Well done on your weight loss so far! 20lb in 4 weeks is amazing!!

But the "promise" your consultant made was presumably based on you sticking to the diet? I think your 1lb loss may have more to do with a double decker and garlic bread rather than the diet not working. You'll have had a glycogen boost and be retaining water from eating off plan as both will have been hefty on the carb side. But it's not permanent.

My advice would be to stick to the diet 100% this week and hopefully you'll be rewarded with a good loss :) xx

I understand what your saying. But neither knocked me out of ketosis and I was still lower than 800 cals so don't think it'll have been any water retention. But also I had that the night before wi. And my scales hasn't moved all week. Hence why I ended up eating. Whereas if they were eaten at the beginning of the week I get that maybe that would having influenced it.

And regardless of that I'd been 100% the week before and only managed 2lbs. But people have reported bigger losses when over eating a fair amount.

I was more after advice on how do I move forward and keep motivated bc I feel a bit down about it. Xx

Sorry I mistook the type of advice you were after, I thought you were looking for advice on how to maximise your weight losses.

Your blip being the day before weigh in will certainly have a greater affect on your weight than if it had been a few days before. Being in ketosis doesn't help weight loss, it just helps protect you from the effects of low calories and fast weight loss. The calories won't have done you too much harm but the carbs will have definitely recreated some of the glycogen store that doing a VLCD depletes, and with it being the day before weigh in you won't have had time to lose that glycogen again.

It's natural to feel down if you haven't had the weight loss you've hoped for...sometimes I come away from my consultant feeling really deflated. But it's much better to look at the monthly weight loss as opposed to weekly; the bigger and smaller weight losses even out when you look at it like that.

You're doing really well and 20lb in 4 weeks is incredible! Keep going and you'll soon be rewarded xx

Sorry I mistook the type of advice you were after, I thought you were looking for advice on how to maximise your weight losses.

Your blip being the day before weigh in will certainly have a greater affect on your weight than if it had been a few days before. Being in ketosis doesn't help weight loss, it just helps protect you from the effects of low calories and fast weight loss. The calories won't have done you too much harm but the carbs will have definitely recreated some of the glycogen store that doing a VLCD depletes, and with it being the day before weigh in you won't have had time to lose that glycogen again.

It's natural to feel down if you haven't had the weight loss you've hoped for...sometimes I come away from my consultant feeling really deflated. But it's much better to look at the monthly weight loss as opposed to weekly; the bigger and smaller weight losses even out when you look at it like that.

You're doing really well and 20lb in 4 weeks is incredible! Keep going and you'll soon be rewarded xx

Yeah I think maybe that's what it was I just didn't feel like my CDC understood. It was more of a flippant comment oh that's 5lbs a week it's great and your get a big loss next week.

So I don't feel like I even had time to acknowledge it before I left - I probably wasn't very bubbly like I usually am. And she has just had a baby so I'm sure she had other priorities. But I just don't feel like she gave me that boost I needed to carry on this week.

And I'm my own worst enemy I dwell on things and usually end up comfort eating. I haven't given up. I've prepared a few ss+ meals to take to work with me as I'm on nights now and that's a huge danger zone for me! There's always a table full of goodies and I feel weak and I'm worried Ill cave :( xx

I understand what you mean completely....if I have a week of 2lb or less it makes me want to break the diet and more often than not (twice since the start of the diet) I give in and have a chicken burger and chips as I LOVE carbs!!!

I haven't told my consultant about my meals or how I feel at the time of the weigh in as there isn't really anything she can do to help me. What I do is have my comfort meal and draw a line under it and then go back for my 2-3 week stint of managing the cravings! This only works because I haven't had consecutive low weigh ins so I will see how I hold up if/when that happens...

What I need isn't someone saying "don't do it" but reminding me that the scales are still going in the right direction etc. give me back my determination!

Remember this is a lifestyle change and you can't expect it to be a rock free road...

Have you been having the bars? I've had pretty crap weight loss for weeks (between 1-2 lbs) then realised that it has been since I've been having 1 bar a day ( I used to have them just at weekends). This week i swapped the bars for shakes and I've lost 3.6lbs plus like you I had a few extras as I felt like it wasn't working. Just an idea maybe cut out the bars if you're having them.
Keep focused its easy to cheat but so much harder to keep to your goal. I don't like taking the easy option. And now I'm kicking myself wondering what my weight loss would have been had I not let myself give in slightly.

Have you been having the bars? I've had pretty crap weight loss for weeks (between 1-2 lbs) then realised that it has been since I've been having 1 bar a day ( I used to have them just at weekends). This week i swapped the bars for shakes and I've lost 3.6lbs plus like you I had a few extras as I felt like it wasn't working. Just an idea maybe cut out the bars if you're having them.
Keep focused its easy to cheat but so much harder to keep to your goal. I don't like taking the easy option. And now I'm kicking myself wondering what my weight loss would have been had I not let myself give in slightly.

Actually that's odd bc it has been since I've had a bar each day!! How interesting maybe I won't this week!! Xx

I understand what you mean completely....if I have a week of 2lb or less it makes me want to break the diet and more often than not (twice since the start of the diet) I give in and have a chicken burger and chips as I LOVE carbs!!!

I haven't told my consultant about my meals or how I feel at the time of the weigh in as there isn't really anything she can do to help me. What I do is have my comfort meal and draw a line under it and then go back for my 2-3 week stint of managing the cravings! This only works because I haven't had consecutive low weigh ins so I will see how I hold up if/when that happens...

What I need isn't someone saying "don't do it" but reminding me that the scales are still going in the right direction etc. give me back my determination!

Remember this is a lifestyle change and you can't expect it to be a rock free road...

Yes exactly I was feeling low bc I only managed 2lbs the week before then when I thought I'd lost nothing it tipped me over the edge!!

Tbh I'm going hard this week not to cheat but if I get another crappy loss who knows how long it'll be before I cave :( xx

Back