That new WW ad

The only person I know who has had, allbeit very slow success with WW knows the calories of everything and the nutrional value of nothing, she still eats rubbish everyday and so do her children who are now at 10&12 starting to look fat too.

Thats not the fault of the diet, thats how SHE has chosen to do it. That doesnt mean everyone WW does that, believe me.

Just because a diet hasnt worked for some people doesnt mean it doesnt work period.

Thats not the fault of the diet, thats how SHE has chosen to do it. That doesnt mean everyone WW does that, believe me.

Just because a diet hasnt worked for some people doesnt mean it doesnt work period.

I'm sorry but I think you might want to re-think what you have posted, I did not say anywhere in my post that WW didn't work period.

Why come here and pick arguments and be so defensive?

Im not picking an argument Im merely defending a diet which DOES work, contrary to some beliefs.

Im sure if you saw a thread being totally negative towards LT youd want to defend it.

The initial thread topic was the WW ad... which we're all agreed - is c*** :)

Well I doubt I would go into other diet threads and look for negativity about LT. I think what people have posted is their experience and their opinions. And, my friend, WW DID NOT work for me, and for the one person it appears to have worked for doesn't use her points sensibly, which is along the lines of what others were saying.

I'm sorry but I think you might want to re-think what you have posted, I did not say anywhere in my post that WW didn't work period.

Why come here and pick arguments and be so defensive?

Calm down guys!!!!!;)

I think if you look at Starlight's ticker she is living proof that WW can work!!! And having read many of her other threads I know she is not anti-VLCDs.

Everyone picks a diet that suits them and every diet can work if you stick with it and do it properly.

Lets just agree that the advert sucks and all be friends again!!!!

Carol x

Of course ww works its what everyone has already said what works for one doesn't always work for another...my rant at the beginning was mainly to do with my leader than the actual ww plan. FWIW I couldn't live on drinks and meal supps but then people couldn't live on fat and meat like I'm doing so swings and roundabouts I guess.

and the advert is rubbish :p mind you when it says ww is changing does anyone know what thats supposed to mean?

I just took from the weight watchers advert that VLCD must have become a little more mainstream for WW to mention them in their advertisement at all. I think LL probably is the reason as they have the recent televised advert. It was only from seeing an advert for LL that I realised there was such a thing as VLCD, and I plumped for CD because of it being cheaper.

So yep, our way of eating is becoming more mainstream I think, and thank goodness for that, it means that more people will be able to chose from WW, SW, LL, CD or LT. Choice is good.

I saw it and choaked on my water! Surely there being a ***** mean!

:confused:

Lame i think, i know LT works

I think if you look at Starlight's ticker she is living proof that WW can work!!! And having read many of her other threads I know she is not anti-VLCDs.

Carol x

That sounds iike a great idea :)

and the advert is rubbish :p mind you when it says ww is changing does anyone know what thats supposed to mean?

The adverts are always rubbish lol. As for the changing bit do you know even the WW class leaders dont know what thats about :rolleyes:

So yep, our way of eating is becoming more mainstream I think, and thank goodness for that, it means that more people will be able to chose from WW, SW, LL, CD or LT. Choice is good.

Anything that offers more choice to people and shows them an option they didnt know HAS to be good :)

So long as we all get to goal ;)

oh yes! here's to getting to goal

The adverts are always rubbish lol. As for the changing bit do you know even the WW class leaders dont know what thats about :rolleyes:

I wondered if it was something like they're trying to push core a lot more. when I was going (only quit a few weeks ago) we got asked ALL the time whether it was core or points we were doing...

Calm down guys!!!!!;)

Everyone picks a diet that suits them and every diet can work if you stick with it and do it properly.

Carol x

Sorry Carol, but I don't need to be told to calm down. And again, for the third time, my point is that WW doesn't work for SOME PEOPLE, that is all, it doesn't need defending it's a simple fact.

i tried ww and never about a lb a week once i am off lt i will probably go to the points system to maintaine but it is no good for me to lose a lot of weight. i tried most diets and found this is the one which worked for me. i say if people can lose the weight on weight watchers then good luck to them. i just wish people would wish me luck rather then judge me for not eatting!

omfgdrama4rq.jpg

Apols... I really didn't want to stir a hornets nest :eek:

I was just commenting on the negative advertising on WW against VLCD rather than them focusing on their own merits & selling that...

It's a shame but a fair few ads are negative these days... Teskies & Asda trying to score points off each other in particular...

Choice is gooooooood.... but then so is equitability & informed judgement ;)

n579510852_3362.jpg
;)

Im lovin that pic howdie and im stealing it for my email footer at work! cos at the moment there is certainly drama here .. you would think that me eating again was some kind of freak show i had 8 people all watching me through subway's window at lunchtime yesterday, felt like i was in a fishbowl.

I totally understand why they are trying to point score and the negative way they are doing it , How many of you before you started LT thought OMG am i going to be able to survive not eating .. how many people say to you now who could really do with going on a diet OMG i couldnt not eat and LT is bad for you etc.. they are targetting that market the people who simply think that they couldnt survive without eating they are thinking about the one important thing in business money. They have odds on lost a fair few members who had serious weight to lose to the VLCD options such as LL which are now also being advertised on telly and I for one know i wouldnt be joining SW or WW if i could stay on LT itd be LT all the way.

When i first decided i wanted to lose weight i considered WW until i met a friend who had done LL and thought JESUS shes shrunk and she assured me you can survive without eating couldnt afford LL looked on the net found LT, had i not bumped into that friend id be in WW now.

Anyway lets all group hug and agree that the advert is total cack but then again so is the LL one its cringe worthy (im skinny now so i can dance!) and im fairly sure if LT did one thatd be rubbish also if you think about the DVD they made us all watch before we started! either way we are all doing something positive about losing weight we shouldnt become 100% attached to our diet as there may be a day it doesnt work for us (im a prime example) and we definatley shouldnt slug off anyone elses what works for one doesnt work for another and if by some miracle everything did work then there wouldnt be any fat people in the world!

Anyway slimming world better work or im totally up the creek without a paddle!
Gen x

Lol what was with that LT video? I think I'll watch it again whenever I need a bit of humour to get me through it!
I agree...it's all about cold hard cash at the end of the day.
GOOD LUCK with SW - my mum lost nearly 9 stone on it in less than a year xxx

I joined WW before and hadnt got a clue what it was about.. I went back the next week to get it all explained properly.. but before i could say a little baby in a pram cried and the class leader took a mad fit and threw the mother and baby out and told them not to come back.. clearly that was my last visit too!

Back