The 100k step challenge!

Hey your steps are a massive improvement on the day we barely made 1000!!

3 hours on a tuesday night was not too bad... think they just wanted rid of me so that they can deal with the drunks and weirdos who were prowling the corridors :)

Thank you for your lovely message though... this thread has got some lovely people on it!! x

excellent as always curlz :D

brilliant minniemel :D

thats great sammy :D i know what you mean i'm paying for it too :(

leigh you go girl, nearly there :D

nemesis - aw you poor thing :( hope it gets better soon, take care of yourself.

i feel really tired zzzzz and aching bad.
been to manchester with son, done over 7 miles but it's the damn stairs, why is there so many stairs in manchester? lol

think i'm going to have to back down a bit.

Hey your steps are a massive improvement on the day we barely made 1000!!

3 hours on a tuesday night was not too bad... think they just wanted rid of me so that they can deal with the drunks and weirdos who were prowling the corridors :)

Thank you for your lovely message though... this thread has got some lovely people on it!! x

I am glad that they got you out of there and away from my family and friends. ;)

excellent as always curlz :D

Annoying, isn't it. ;)

brilliant minniemel :D

Thanks, but before I joined this thread I was averaging over 10,000 a day. I swear... I am one of those people who start a diet just to cheat!

thats great sammy :D i know what you mean i'm paying for it too :(

leigh you go girl, nearly there :D

nemesis - aw you poor thing :( hope it gets better soon, take care of yourself.

i feel really tired zzzzz and aching bad.
been to manchester with son, done over 7 miles but it's the damn stairs, why is there so many stairs in manchester? lol

My friend said the same thingbout Newcastle. Nothing but stairs... her DD lost weight. No freshman 15 for her.

think i'm going to have to back down a bit.

No pressure -- we do what we can!

Steps for Day 3 =15,034 :)

I would say that you are giving me an inferiority complex, but I can see that I really am inferior! lol

Nite All,

Mel

such a brilliant sense of humour minniemel, you really make me lol :D

tis going to be a poor one for me today, i can barely walk.

wednesday day 1 - 17882

around 7000 so far for me today, been to training at work but home now, walked about 20 mins total to get the bus to work (deliberately chose a bus stop further away than the one 30secs down the road that would mean i have to put some effort in to get to it!) and about 20 mins total on the way back home from the same bus stop. now have just got back from taking one of the dogs to the park for a run around, so both me and him are knackered lol

earlier on i thought i might actually hit - or maybe even pass - my 10,000 for today for the first time EVERRRR lol but now my knees hurting so it could go either way.

poo! :(

need to catch up with how youve all been doing on this thread methinks!

Im starting to get a complex here!!! :jelous: shall i start putting a picci on of my pedometer total every day :confused: :D

Steps for Day 4 = 20,761 :eek:

Started back at the gym today and also did ½hr swimming and an Aqua fit class tonight for the first time..quite enjoyed it :)

i managed to hit about 9000, not as high as i wanted it to be, bloody knee lol on the bright side though, ive managed to shampoo the hallway carpet today. woo! :D

such a brilliant sense of humour minniemel, you really make me lol :D

Thanks -- 'tis better to laugh than cry. I think eye crinkles are better than frown lines! :)

tis going to be a poor one for me today, i can barely walk.

Sorry to read this - I hope you are better soon.

wednesday day 1 - 17882

around 7000 so far for me today, been to training at work but home now, walked about 20 mins total to get the bus to work (deliberately chose a bus stop further away than the one 30secs down the road that would mean i have to put some effort in to get to it!) and about 20 mins total on the way back home from the same bus stop.

Fab planning! According the pyschologist Judith Beck -- this is just the sort of thing that thin people do without even thinking about it.

now have just got back from taking one of the dogs to the park for a run around, so both me and him are knackered lol

So, good for you and dogs! YAY!

earlier on i thought i might actually hit - or maybe even pass - my 10,000 for today for the first time EVERRRR lol but now my knees hurting so it could go either way.

So sorry on this -- do you think you need "walking shoes" or maybe even some knee supports? Or orthodics?

poo! :(

Double poo!

need to catch up with how youve all been doing on this thread methinks!

Im starting to get a complex here!!! :jelous:

I totally believe you -- I do know people who exercise and do a lot of walking in their jobs.

My DH took my pedometer to work one time and clocked his steps -- over 13,000 -- he is the kind of person that thinks it is faster and more efficient to walk between buildings and go see people in person rather than send a memo or email that can be ignore. He says, "They can't say they did not get it, see it or read it... if you deliever it in person."

Unfortunately, I am not one of those people atm. But, I am working on it and you inspire me!

shall i start putting a picci on of my pedometer total every day :confused: :D

Then, I'd feel inferior because of your technical skills. ;)

Steps for Day 4 = 20,761 :eek:

Started back at the gym today and also did ½hr swimming and an Aqua fit class tonight for the first time..quite enjoyed it

AWE-SOME-- You GO!!! I miss AF and need to go back to it. I am getting my very long hair cut tomorrow and that will help. It is so heavy -- and wet is worse. Plus, it takes ages dry. I can't blow dry it because that adds volume.

:)

Congrats on the fab steps and adding back in fitness!

i managed to hit about 9000, not as high as i wanted it to be,

9,000 is wonderful -- Whoop!

bloody knee lol

So, sorry to read this. Have you tried different shoes or a knee support?

on the bright side though, ive managed to shampoo the hallway carpet today. woo! :D

That's on my to do list!

Morning All --

I was up very early as my DD came home with a note telling us that her form was selling cakes tomorrow for children in need. Less than 24 hours notice! Last night, I had to do the gymnastics run, then pop to the shop to get more butter, eggs and milk and I got up at 5:00 this morning to bake several dozen oatmeal butterscotch cookies. UGH!

Steps

November 16 (can't find the paper I wrote it on...but it wasn't impressive --I think it was 3,934 for some reason.)

November 17 -- 4876 -- not impressive, either. :(

Let's hope November 18 is better. :)

Mel

I was up very early as my DD came home with a note telling us that her form was selling cakes tomorrow for children in need. Less than 24 hours notice! Last night, I had to do the gymnastics run, then pop to the shop to get more butter, eggs and milk and I got up at 5:00 this morning to bake several dozen oatmeal butterscotch cookies. UGH!

i like cakes as much as the next person but not at 5am bleurgh! lol even the smell would make me feel sick at that ungodly hour

thanks for all your feedback hun. ive got walking trainer-type shoes but for some reason they make me feel really tall and tittery on my feet lol i wear knee supports when my knees bad, especially when im at work (im a care assistant - lots of walking and being on ur feet most of the time), but as my knee is still feeling a bit dodgy today i might wear one to uni.

depending on how brave im feeling i might even save myself some bus far and walk to uni and back, bit of a trek but will give me a good number of steps.

ironic thing is, having arthritis in my knee makes it hard for me to exercise, no exercise means i put on weight (hence being at the stage i am now - well that combined with pure laziness on my part), and putting on weight makes my knee worse. argh so annoying, vicious circle :(

slowly but surely though, i am losing weight, as of this morning ive lost 8 lbs yay :D

i hope ur steps go ok today, low steps days arent that bad though, if u did 100 steps or less then i'd worry, but 3/4000 isnt that bad!

curlz, nah you don't need put a pic on hun, we're all just jealous that's all :D

sammy that's brill hun, you're doing great, 8lbs yay :D

minniemel OMG baking at that time in a morning, they sound gorgeous though :D

not seen leigh on for a bit, where did you go :confused:

nemesis hope you're foot is on the mend hun.

think the rest did me good yesterday, had a few ibuprofen to get the swelling down and the knees eased up a lot.
i got cramp in the back of my knee just over the calf muscle and i've never felt nothing like it :cry: it's still really sore and all bruised, think it must of come from the swelling in my knee, i don't want that again i can tell you. :(

going to have a little walk down my mums later, should add a few steps on my ped and i'm going to make some homemade chicken and pea soup for lunch :D

Thursday day 2 - 3974
total so far - 21856

@Sammy--

slowly but surely though, i am losing weight, as of this morning ive lost 8 lbs yay

This is fab! I'll bet it feels great!

I just realised that today is day 10 of my tracking -- I'd have to do nearly 30,000 steps to have reached 100,000 steps in ten days! So, I'll do what I can today and keep tracking until I reach 100,000... then start over again endevouring to do better!

i got cramp in the back of my knee just over the calf muscle and i've never felt nothing like it it's still really sore and all bruised, think it must of come from the swelling in my knee, i don't want that again i can tell you

oh dear hun, i think i can understand how it feels, so sorry its hurting you :(

MinnieMel, my trousers are starting to feel a bit looser down the legs and a bit around the waist :) i'd like to be able to fit into a pair of jeans i had when i first met my boyfriend, that was almost 2 years and 4 stone ago lol tried them on a few weeks back and could literally only just pull them up over my bum, no way in hell of doing the zip or button up, there was a huge gap at the front between each side of the zip with me desperately pulling at both sides and huffing and puffing, had to give up it was getting ridiculous lol im kind of tempted to take a picture of myself in these jeans during the time im losing weight to see how much better they fit as i get smaller

sad to think that i used to fit in them quite nicely and now i cant even get close to doing them up

but im doing something about it so thats the most important thing, :)

Hello Ladies!!

Good stepping :D

My foot has been rested and is much better thanks, so much so, I'm going to start counting again as of tomorrow. I was starting to lose faith for a while but WI was tonight and I lost 5.5lbs over the last 3 weeks so that makes it 10lbs in 5 weeks so it has given me a massive boost and am so determined to keep on with it.

I love this challenge and it has definitely helped me with my motivation!! So thank you to whose ever idea it was!! It was genius :D

x

well done nemesis that's brilliant 10lbs yay :D

well done everyone on you're steps :D

going for a walk today into town, so should be a pretty decent number .
just gone to my cupboard to get my walking gear out and hardly anything fits, theyre all too big :eek: :cool:
not spending loads on new things until i'm at goal, some of them are ok with a belt.

friday: day 3 - 6085
TSF - 27941

Hi everyone, sorry I've been AWOL!

I've been hit with a bad cold and been off for three days this week :( Only been out of bed once since Tuesday! Back on my feet today, had a fair walk but needless to say the steps and diet have been off while I've been ill! I think I'll skip the last few days and call today day 9.

I'm already at nearly 7k today, and I need to go out again yet!

Congrats to you all with your big numbers!! And Rosie Lee for another 100k in the bag, brilliant effort! :) Seems everyone is getting injured or in pain recently, hope you're all okay soon!

MinnieMel, my trousers are starting to feel a bit looser down the legs and a bit around the waist :) i'd like to be able to fit into a pair of jeans i had when i first met my boyfriend, that was almost 2 years and 4 stone ago lol tried them on a few weeks back and could literally only just pull them up over my bum, no way in hell of doing the zip or button up, there was a huge gap at the front between each side of the zip with me desperately pulling at both sides and huffing and puffing, had to give up it was getting ridiculous lol im kind of tempted to take a picture of myself in these jeans during the time im losing weight to see how much better they fit as i get smaller

sad to think that i used to fit in them quite nicely and now i cant even get close to doing them up

but im doing something about it so thats the most important thing, :)

There was a thread on here ages ago that was about "goal jeans". Mine are hanging on the back of my bedroom door where they have been ALL year. Two years ago I could wear them, in late April could get them on a zipped (but not pretty), now I am back "I don't even want to attempt it". *Sigh*

But, you said it Girlfriend, "but im doing something about it so thats the most important thing, :)" -- As Obama would say: YES WE CAN!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/183604-found-my-goal-pair-jeans.html

Evening ladies

Steps for Day 5 = 20,163

I am going to have to hunt you down and tie your shoelaces together! ;) You go, Curlz.

have a good w/end all x

Hello Ladies!!

Good stepping :D

My foot has been rested and is much better thanks, so much so, I'm going to start counting again as of tomorrow.

Glad to read it. Good news!

I was starting to lose faith for a while but WI was tonight and I lost 5.5lbs over the last 3 weeks so that makes it 10lbs in 5 weeks so it has given me a massive boost and am so determined to keep on with it.

WOW! Great loss. I am so pleased for you.

I love this challenge and it has definitely helped me with my motivation!! So thank you to whose ever idea it was!! It was genius :D

I love it, too. Thanks, Leigh.

x

well done nemesis that's brilliant 10lbs yay :D

well done everyone on you're steps :D

going for a walk today into town, so should be a pretty decent number .
just gone to my cupboard to get my walking gear out and hardly anything fits, theyre all too big :eek: :cool:
not spending loads on new things until i'm at goal, some of them are ok with a belt.

Not loads, but get some interim things. You deserved them.

friday: day 3 - 6085
TSF - 27941

Good stepping! Yay!

Hi everyone, sorry I've been AWOL!

I've been hit with a bad cold and been off for three days this week :( Only been out of bed once since Tuesday! Back on my feet today, had a fair walk but needless to say the steps and diet have been off while I've been ill! I think I'll skip the last few days and call today day 9.

Sorry you've been unwell. Sounds like a good plan.

I'm already at nearly 7k today, and I need to go out again yet!

:)

Congrats to you all with your big numbers!! And Rosie Lee for another 100k in the bag, brilliant effort! :) Seems everyone is getting injured or in pain recently, hope you're all okay soon!

Not me..no excuses, just in a funk. But, Curlz and the rest of you and inspiring me to do better!

I updated my steps 7,834 for Friday. Not sure how I racked up even that many. I am hoping to start walking with a friend, next week.

walking with a friend sounds good minniemel :)

i did just over 7500 walking round town with mum today, so im pretty sure that combining that amount with the steps ive taken since ive been home, i think, maybe, possibly, somehow, perhaps, i might have done around 10,000?! :D

Back