The 100k step challenge!

lower amount of steps taken today, about 2600 as i had uni - it all counts though! :D

Hey,

I did my first day of steps... 6947. I thought it would have been more given i went for a long walk along the beach but guess it wasnt as long as i thought. Theres always tomorrow :)

Congratulations Rosie Lee! Our first 100k.. I'm so proud! :D

I'm there now, but I wasn't when I left the house this morning!

Sunday - 3,913
Monday - 6,636
Total so far: 99,824

Was just short of my target yesterday :( but I have already done the extra steps today, so it has taken me 16 days (well, 15 days and a 2 minute walk!). I wish I'd looked at my ped last night instead of this morning so I could have squeezed them in :(

I think I'm going to count today as day one for my next 100k, seeing as I only needed so few to hit my target. Good luck to everyone! Good to see so many new people interested in this, glad my idea is inspiring you all :)

Morning,

I started "officially" tracking yesterday (Monday, Nov. 7).

12,014 steps (and I only left the house to drive to a friend's to drop off a gift). All from walking around cleaning house!

I have not reset and put my pedometer on this morning, but I will now.

Mel

Monday was my first day and i did 12,214 steps..ive set up a ticker to record my steps i hope i can hit the 100k before 10 days :D (heres hoping!!) :)

Monday was my first day and i did 12,214 steps..ive set up a ticker to record my steps i hope i can hit the 100k before 10 days :D (heres hoping!!) :)

hummm, exactly 200 more than me... I am waiting for you to post first tomorrow! ;) lol

I like the ticker idea - I am going to "steal" it.

Mel

hummm, exactly 200 more than me... I am waiting for you to post first tomorrow! ;) lol

I like the ticker idea - I am going to "steal" it.

Mel
Ha ha ha steal away chuck...LOL shall i take a picture for evidence purposes!!!i always do loads of steps though chuck..yesterday wasnt that high a number for me cos we had the funeral...xx

P.S-i might put todays total on before i go to bedibyes :D

Morning,

I started "officially" tracking yesterday (Monday, Nov. 7).

12,014 steps (and I only left the house to drive to a friend's to drop off a gift). All from walking around cleaning house!

I have not reset and put my pedometer on this morning, but I will now.

Mel

Im going to think you live in a mansion!! Thats a lot of steps from cleaning a house: im impressed! Great first day and your ticker idea is genuis :)

Evening peeps..
Just logging my steps for Day 2 = 22,481

LOL i thort i would add a picci of the total on my pedometer :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF1224.jpg
    DSCF1224.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 31
Thats incredible!!! I have done so little as im just off of nighshift so basically have done nothing all day bar move from bed to sofa! How did you rack up such an impressive total?

Thats incredible!!! I have done so little as im just off of nighshift so basically have done nothing all day bar move from bed to sofa! How did you rack up such an impressive total?
My job involves lots of walking..plus i walk my pooch and today went for a 3mile power walk :) i have RA so like to keep active as it helps me from feeling achey..:)

you are all doing great well done :D

well done leigh on reaching the 100k :D

well i lost 2lbs tonight :D, most of it thanks to the walking as although i was in my points my food choices weren't great.

started the challenge again yesterday and i've also started the sweat thing on just dance 3, doing the 1,000 a day one but doing it in 3 days cos i don't have time to do it every day.

monday - 7995

Wow well done Curlz, you dont do things by halves do ya! lol

congrats on the loss rosie :) x

Humph, when I started this thread I wasn't expecting people to be getting over 20k in a day! Curlz you're making us all look bad :p

Congrats on the loss Rosie Lee! What is the 'sweat thing' you mean?

thanks sammy and leigh :D

i think my 10 day record is going to be trashed lol.

leigh - it's a mode in JD3 that makes you sweat by dancing, there was 3 choices i chose the middle one which i think said it was equivalent to x amount of minutes running a day. the first one was equivalent to walking and the 3rd and hardest to swimming. i really enjoyed it ,it was fun :)

Gonna Make You Sweat - Just Dance 3 - Wii Workouts - YouTube

Oh wow! I think I might have to invest in that. I've had Wii Fit for ages but done some tonight for the first time in about a year! (It told me I've put on 10lb, whoops...) I've also got a dance mat and game for the playstation but the mat is broken, so I've just been doing the moves but it's not as fun when you can't see how well you're doing!

it's really good :)
i got really fed up of wii fit, i just found it really samey even in the 2nd one, it may just be me though.
i really love dancing so just dance is great for me, i think you'll love it. :D

Yeah I know what you mean. For some reason I reset all my scores last time so I need to re-unlock everything, which is annoying because I just want to play the freestep while watching telly lol.

I like dancing too, really like playing on the playstation and I'm gutted my mat is broken. I think I'll put it on my Christmas list :p

Out of interest, do you keep your ped on while you're doing other exercise ie. playing this?

Humph, when I started this thread I wasn't expecting people to be getting over 20k in a day! Curlz you're making us all look bad :p
LOL i joined this challenge to make me move my butt more!!..any steps are good so please dont be feeling bad..its the taking part that counts chucks :):):)

Back