The 1lb plod!

Well done Rosie. A stone is great! I've been on a diet for a year and put on 10 lbs. I keep either losing my way or doing silly faddy diets then bingeing after. I need to be in it for the long term now. Why is losing weight so hard?!?

When I was at group once the consultant bought in a lb of fat from the butchers. It was actually disgusting and more than you'd think. I need to keep that image in my head.

I know exactly what you mean re fad diets, I tried loads of 'extreme' stuff whilst a friend of mine was on sw. If only I'd have listened to her sooner! SlimFast, 5:2, insanity, herbal diet pills, gym membership, calorie counting.. Then I come to sw and its the magic solution I had been looking for!
I suppose nothing worth having is easily gained?
Keep it in mind! That pic is gross lol x

Just found this thread, hope you don't mind me adding to it.

I like the sound of 1lb Plod. If I'd stuck to that, I'd have got to goal by now. But on the other hand, I could have put on 1lb a week too, so I am trying keep positive about what I've achieved so far :)

Welcome cough drops! Please do add. The more the merrier. I agree with you about not putting on. I could have put on a lot more if I hadn't kept the sw principals in mind. Just need to stick to it properly now. How much have you lost so far?

I know exactly what you mean re fad diets, I tried loads of 'extreme' stuff whilst a friend of mine was on sw. If only I'd have listened to her sooner! SlimFast, 5:2, insanity, herbal diet pills, gym membership, calorie counting.. Then I come to sw and its the magic solution I had been looking for!
I suppose nothing worth having is easily gained?
Keep it in mind! That pic is gross lol x

I did slim and save last year. Lost a stone and a half in about 3 weeks. Was great until I came off and it all went back on, and more! I will keep that picture as my inspiration

Welcome cough drops! Please do add. The more the merrier. I agree with you about not putting on. I could have put on a lot more if I hadn't kept the sw principals in mind. Just need to stick to it properly now. How much have you lost so far?

I got my 2 stone award just before Easter, but I've gained since then from being on heavy meds and not following plan properly. Getting back into it now though. Want to get 4 stone off in total, so another stone off over the summer would be nice.

2 stone is amazing! I keep playing with the same 7lbs and I really need to get past it. I feel I might do it this time though with my plodding. I've got 4-5 in total to lose. I've set a target of August 2015 which will be my 32nd birthday. :( That's 61 weeks and 61 lbs which will be my 4.3 stone, sounds easy to put it like that! :)

My weekend was a bit of a blow out. After saying on Friday I was getting back into it :rolleyes: Anyway, what's done is done.

I did do a big batch of cooking though, have 10 SW dinners in the freezer. Most of them are syn free, some are 2 syns each. So, that's our tea sorted for next 2 weeks, just have to warm them through and chuck together a side salad.

I'm hoping being organised will keep me in the zone!

That is such a good plan. I really need to do some batch cooking. I get tired after work and end up with a takeaway or adding unhealthy bits to it. I also need some low syn puddings. Any ideas anyone?

That is such a good plan. I really need to do some batch cooking. I get tired after work and end up with a takeaway or adding unhealthy bits to it. I also need some low syn puddings. Any ideas anyone?

Jelly is always a nice low syn pudding, with fresh fruit and a bit of squirty cream if you have spare syns!
Small chocolate bars, pudding-type yoghurt a (aldi ff toffee is my fav) and lots of ice lollies are low syn.
I read a thread about a tiramisu using muller skinny cappuccino but yet to try it.... X

Thanks! Ill give them a go.

I had a major wobble last night and ate everything in sight. Really don't know why I did it and I feel miserable today because of it. I need to be 100% for the next few days to get myself back on track. Maybe if I spent the whole day In bed I wouldn't need to eat? Wonder what my kids and work would say?!

Lost 2 lbs this week! I honestly didnt deserve such a good loss. I have been really quite naughty this week so it's a total fluke. I'm going to try and stay on track this week though to lose 1lb

Well done. Im losing weight slowly this time too. Averaging at about lb a week. Ive lost 9lb so far and even though at times I get disheartened because im not seeing fast results it barely feels like I'm on a diet and I still get chocolate every day :)

Well done on your loss! I average between losing 1-3lbs a week and I know the 1lb losses can really make you feel disheartened. But then I think I'd be a bit scared if I lost a lot of weight really quickly.. so plodding along suits me fine. I just think you can't be impatient when it comes to your physical and mental health.. things take time :)

Thanks. I honestly feel this is the best way to lose weight for the long term
When I reach my goal weight I won't have to do much to maintain it. That is normally my problem I lose weight quickly then pile it all back on plus more cos I go back to my old eating habit.

Yep exactly! That's what I'm always trying to drum into my head... it's not a diet is a lifestyle change. If I want to maintain a healthy weight I'll need to maintain this 'eating regime'.

Well done Rosie! That's brilliant.

Welcome jojo and Jodie! It's a revelation isn't it? I have spent my whole adult life trying to lose weight quickly on faddy diets, but doing 1lb a week doesn't feel like a diet at all and it's working! This time next year, 52 lbs WILL be gone! :)

Back