The 1lb plod!

Ah I hope so lizzie :) 52lb is a lot and its good enough for me... and still get to drink wine yay

And eat pizza (although not too often)

I gave at least 63lbs (4 1/2 stone) to lose so this is a good start. Feeling positive for the first time in forever - I feel a Disney song coming on....... :)

And everyone needs a cheat day every once in a while! I went to my nans this weekend with my whole family and she treated us all to a chinese takeaway.... I couldn't say no! But I didn't eat as much as I would have usually so I'm pretty proud of that I must say lol

I think everyone has to have one every once in a while... it's nice that I'm feeling fuller quicker though because I'm smaller... so even if I do eat some 'bad food' it's not anywhere near what I used to eat, so every once in a while can't hurt that much! ;) just gotta make sure I'm extra good this week so I have a loss!

Had a wedding on Saturday so was off plan. Back on track since yesterday, have 3 more days before w/i so hoping for a 1lb loss on Thurs

I've been back on it 100% so far this week.. I weigh myself Friday/Saturday mornings at home because I don't go to group... but sometimes it's so hard not to weigh myself during the week. I know weight fluctuates during the day and obviously after we've eaten but I keep stepping on the scales in the evening seeing I'm a couple of pounds heavier (obviously because I've been eating all day!) then getting depressed! There's something wrong with me hahah.

Sounds like you are all doing better than me! I can't motivate myself this week. Plus had an argument with my husband, cue emotional eating! It's like I do it to spite him, but he doesn't even realise. It would be better to lose weight and look fabulous. My silly mind keeps tripping me up.

Although I must admit I haven't been as bad as I would have previously. Had a freddo, a rocky, half a pack of hula hoops, and an extra slice of bread and butter. If I can be good tomorrow, weigh in might not be too bad.

Hope you are all staying strong and plodding along. :)

Sounds like you are all doing better than me! I can't motivate myself this week. Plus had an argument with my husband, cue emotional eating! It's like I do it to spite him, but he doesn't even realise. It would be better to lose weight and look fabulous. My silly mind keeps tripping me up.

Although I must admit I haven't been as bad as I would have previously. Had a freddo, a rocky, half a pack of hula hoops, and an extra slice of bread and butter. If I can be good tomorrow, weigh in might not be too bad.

Hope you are all staying strong and plodding along. :)

Sorry to hear your struggling with motivation :-( have you tried any of the usual tips? A list of why you want to lose weight and how you'll benefit, hanging up a bikini/nice frock you'd like to wear, meal plans, treat bags etc?
It doesn't sound like your mini binge was bad! Hope the scales are kind to you, drink lots of water and try to up the super free a little?
I'm still plodding, weighed in a day early this week as I'm going to Alton towers tomorrow and I've another lb off :) xx

I've got to be honest I haven't got much motivation at the moment either. I'm going through a tough time as well at home at the moment and I know it would make me feel better if I was losing weight and stuck at it... so we do we go the other way and comfort eat... only to annoy ourselves more! I'm going to start doing a weight loss motivator that I've seen online, have two pots full of buttons, one with lbs that you've lost, and one with lbs you have yet to lose to meet your target (each button is 1lb or 1/2lb up to you) so you can see how far you've come... hopefully this will keep me going and motivate me to get the 'lbs to lose' pot empty!

Yes, I do think I need some kind of visual motivation thing. Might try that jar thing, ill probably have to add more and more buttons to the 'lbs to lose' jar though! I do also need to think of non food treats. Will definitely never wear a bikini but I do have a dress that I'd love to fit in again for the summer. Will go and hang that up in my room for some motivation.

Not done too badly today, although just had a pastry and having a glass of wine. Wish I hadn't gone to the shop when I was tired and hungry!

3lbs on! Feel terrible

Plus my little boy is poorly at the moment and literally got about 3 hours sleep last night. Now got a 10 hour shift ahead of me too

Do you ever get the feeling that its never going to work? Feeling disheartened today

:bighug:
You poor thing, you're having a sh*t day, and it's only 8.30!

Lack of sleep is rotten, it messes me up for the entire day, which usually has me eating biscuits and crisps til they come out my ears. Try not to give into it if you can, can you bring a load of fruit with you? And strong coffee!!

The pounds on will come off again... but don't jack it in. If you're able to plod on another week, then another, you'll get closer to goal. If you decide to stop, you'll go the opposite direction. Look how quickly 3 went back on, imagine the damage after 2 weeks or a month... so even if your losses are small and slow, it's better than going back.

:love:

Must be the week for it because I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2 1/2lb! Quite annoyed because I've been so good this week... might be because I'm due on this weekend so maybe retaining water? I don't know that's the only explanation I can think of... because I always have a loss, even if it's 1/2lb... not GAIN 2 1/2 LBS! :( How to make me less motivated ehhh!

:bighug:
You poor thing, you're having a sh*t day, and it's only 8.30!

Lack of sleep is rotten, it messes me up for the entire day, which usually has me eating biscuits and crisps til they come out my ears. Try not to give into it if you can, can you bring a load of fruit with you? And strong coffee!!

The pounds on will come off again... but don't jack it in. If you're able to plod on another week, then another, you'll get closer to goal. If you decide to stop, you'll go the opposite direction. Look how quickly 3 went back on, imagine the damage after 2 weeks or a month... so even if your losses are small and slow, it's better than going back.

:love:

I work from home (childminder) so I have a whole kitchen to tempt me unfortunately. Spent the morning at the playground which has made me feel a bit better.

I just felt utterly miserable earlier but thanks to your pep talk I feel a bit better. I know today wont be great as I'm struggling for energy but I will not give in and have a takeaway, and I'm going to be as good as I can be.

I know I need to keep going but it just seems impossible some days. I definitely deserved the gain but has hoped a fat stealing fairy had been visiting me in my sleep. She mush have got lost somewhere!

You are completely right, if I give up ill put more weight back on. The 6lbs I'm trying to lose for now is the weight I put on last time I gave up so I don't want to do that again.

Must be the week for it because I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2 1/2lb! Quite annoyed because I've been so good this week... might be because I'm due on this weekend so maybe retaining water? I don't know that's the only explanation I can think of... because I always have a loss, even if it's 1/2lb... not GAIN 2 1/2 LBS! :( How to make me less motivated ehhh!

Oh jodi, it sucks doesn't it. Although I did deserve my gain this week, it sounds like you didn't. Maybe it'll show in the scales next week?

Hopefully I'll have a bigger loss next week... I've had a little look at other threads and some people have said they gain as much as 5lbs when it's that time of the month, then when it's finished the next week they have a massive loss! So hopefully thats why.. must remember in the future maybe to not weigh myself for that week... it's definitely not motivating I can tell you that much! Also got to try and withstand the sugar cravings :( neeed.... chocolate..... now..... lol

Ive gpt a sts the same this week (actually 1/2 gain, but I dont count unless the lb no. Goes up or down if that makes sense).
Stay positive and cut back maybe next week. Were in it for the long haul and it's going to take a while for the weight to come off. We must all stay determined :)

Oh no. Seems this week wasn't great for anyone!

My little boy us still really unwell and I only got another 3 hours sleep last night so I know I'm going to struggle today. Think I seriously need to consider starting to drink coffee!!!!!

Need to plan dinner for tonight or I know it'll end up as a takeaway.

Hope the rest of you plodders are doing well. Throw a bit of weight loss magic my way!
Xx

We can do it! Just think of it in a positive way.. its healthier to lose weight slowly than quickly and it will be more likely to stay off for good! We will all get there in the the end :)

I actually managed to remember to get the chicken breasts I bought the last week out of the freezer this morning to defrost so I'll be having seasoned chicken breasts with a lot of roasted veggies tonight... red onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, tomatoes etc. Quite looking forward to it!

I hope your boy feels better soon! Summer is always an iffy time for me.. I have like 'reverse hayfever' lol. I get a blocked nose (and my nostrils actually swell as well so I can't breath!), itchy throat, itchy eyes, and sneezing when I'm in bed asleep and I wake up a lot during the night... as soon as I'm up and about outside or wherever I'm fine! Work that one out lol. The doctors still insist I have hayfever... even though I can quite happily sit out in my garden while my mum is cutting the grass and be absolutely fine. Weird huh.

I'm hoping the weight loss fairy will have a visit this weekend and sparkle us all with a bit of motivation and maybe a magical 2lb loss! Hahaha

Back