The 20K countdown

Hi Obs,

I am usually having a bit of chicken when
Needed, so all good. I just substitute out a shake or two...

But that you're near goal. Now that's amazing. You must be feeling really good, I know the nearer you get to goal the harder those last lbs like to hold on...

You're on week 5 now that's so amazing. I'm having my next wi Tuesday, I'd be over the moon with 3lbs that will take me out of the 200's nicely lol.

Xxx

Week 5 weigh in
There are good weeks, then there are okay weeks and then there are some really 'low' weeks. Last week was one such low week. My weight loss was low and my morale was low. I am glad my motivation stayed high because this week I had a 1.5kg (3.3lbs) loss. As you can imagine I was mighty pleased, especially as I had given in and had an entire plate of very fattening chinese garlic chicken this weekend. I am officially down 20lbs (9.1kgs) since I started. Another 7 weeks to go and now it seems totally doable. How is everyone else doing?

Hi Obs,

I am usually having a bit of chicken when
Needed, so all good. I just substitute out a shake or two...

But that you're near goal. Now that's amazing. You must be feeling really good, I know the nearer you get to goal the harder those last lbs like to hold on...

You're on week 5 now that's so amazing. I'm having my next wi Tuesday, I'd be over the moon with 3lbs that will take me out of the 200's nicely lol.

Xxx

Hey summerchic. Chicken is actually a good girl cheat, because it doesn't push you out of ketosis. But I think the chicken should be grilled or something light. Not greasy chicken like the one I had. And oh, I forgot to add that I also had two slices of cheese. I just don't know where to stop. I have to find a way of developing a healthy relationship with food. Because no matter how much weight I lose I know I will pile it back again if I don't learn some control. Do you have any suggestions. It's a serious addiction for me. I'm not even hungry when I overeat. Just have this ache somewhere between my belly and heart, that I feel will go if I eat. Almost sounds like I am in love! About time I accept that it isn't love. It's a toxic relationship. I am so smart about everything else. Then why is this so hard to get into my system?

And I think I mis-communicated. I meant that I will still have about 5kgs to lose once I get to 12 weeks - which is still 7 weeks away! I am around 14kgs (31lbs) away from my goal weight. So, nowhere near my goal yet. :)

lol Obs.

I have 31kgs before I hit goal. Your ask about relationship with food is a big one so I will have to tell you a little secret in the next post.

so I will let you know my thinking as it will take more than a few mins.

I will be back xxx

Oops I did it again
Last couple of days I have been feeling very very hungry. The day before I had three slices of cheese. Yesterday I ordered Chinese garlic chicken again! Despite feeling terribly guilty about it on Saturday, I did it again within 5 days. Do I have no self control. This is my sixth week, and today's weight is the same as four days ago. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back. Why can't I just be a good girl and stick to the diet. It's only day 40 today. Not even halfway to my 12-week/ 84 days. I need to exercise some more self-control. I am a strong person. I can do this. Another 1kg loss and I should be in the overweight BMI zone. This week is pretty much a bust. I really need a boost.

Last edited:
Obs that's superb. 1 kg you're about the same as me. Come on we got this. It's fine you had a need. I had 2 choc shakes, 2 lemon bars and some grilled chicken. And a bit of cucumber Quite a bit of it chicken I mean about a large breast I know it's pure protein but it's still over my daily cals for sole source. Today I actually needed it. Hormones and all..

But that's ok, we will do this believe it lady

Night and good to hear from you

xxx

Week 6 weigh in
So ladies (and any gentleman who may strayed their way here), I had my sixth week weigh in today. I lost 1.1kg (2.4lbs) this week. Not super weight loss, but I am happy. I had a bit of a cheat mid week and for 3 days my weight completely stalled. Also time of the month for me. On my second day today, so hopefully this week will be better. The best thing about finishing 6 weeks is that I'm on the half way mark. I still have about 13kgs (28.5lbs) to my goal weight. So still a long way to go. I don't expect more than 8kgs loss over the next 6 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to lose the rest of the weight as I move up the steps.
I am also not exercising at all. I plan to start working out once I start moving up the steps. I also want to finally quit smoking in the next month. So many plans. The great thing is that the change has begun.

That's 10.2 kgs in 6 weeks. That is amazing! That's over a stone and a half. You're on track in another 6 weeks the same loss. 45lbs lady. That's brilliant figures..

I have week 5 weigh in tomorrow my body is working on shrinking skin back from what I see and that's good with me..

xxx

Hi Obs,

My last weigh in, Tuesday 1.4lbs lost, that's 2.9lbs lost in the last 2 weeks and only a couple of good girl cheats with my grilled chicken, lol .:

However I'm ok with it as I've noticed that my skin is shrinking back and as yet I don't have any loose skin. Although what to do if I have....

I'm hoping to reach my first 21lbs for week 6, better yet 3lbs loss would take me into the 13's more would be superb.

I know you're busy but hope to hear from you soon

Xxx

Week 7 weigh in
I haven't been around here lately. And I must admit I have missed reading about everyone's stories. Week 7 went in a bit of a haze. Not because I was super busy or something (work has been lightish after couple of grueling months). I have just been too tired. Too tired to post. Too tired to think about my weight. Too tired to even follow the diet. I had quite a few cheats this week and I have found myself struggling more and more with the diet. I went out with friends a couple of times. Nibbled at the food on the table. Though I have tried to avoid crabs, I know that I have been way over the carb limit. For instance, the even chicken drumstick I had was surely coated with some sort of a flour. I knew it and ate it anyway. Once day I had a full meal of fish tikkas (huge 8 pieces!) and eggs. Speaking of eggs, yesterday I had three eggs. I need to stop now. I still have a long long way to go. And this time I really do want to go all the way. I have not been able to get to a normal weight range in the last 15 years. Maybe more. I don't even want to become super thin. I'll be happy even if I skim the normal weight range. But I really want to get to that finish line. I always give up mid-way. I lose some weight. Feel good about it and then give up. I can't give up this time. I need to prove to myself that I am better than that. I am not a give-upper. Understandably I didn't lose any weight this week. 200gms (not even half a lb). One whole week lost because I was unable to exercise control.
Now I need to pick myself up and get going. One week is nothing in the long run. And this time I can do. I just have to.
I also plan to stop smoking this weekend. I probably shouldn't right now seeing that I am struggling to even keep up with the diet. But I have to. It's a super expensive habit. And right now I need to save all the money I can. So come on me. I can make it to the finish line this time. Here's to a healthy slim smoke-free me.

Hi Obs,

My last weigh in, Tuesday 1.4lbs lost, that's 2.9lbs lost in the last 2 weeks and only a couple of good girl cheats with my grilled chicken, lol .:

However I'm ok with it as I've noticed that my skin is shrinking back and as yet I don't have any loose skin. Although what to do if I have....

I'm hoping to reach my first 21lbs for week 6, better yet 3lbs loss would take me into the 13's more would be superb.

I know you're busy but hope to hear from you soon

Xxx

Hey sweetie. 2.9lbs is great. You're doing so well. Am glad to see that. I had a bit of a bad week but am back again with renewed vigour. What's your target BMI? I saw in one of the posts that you want to lose another 30 kgs. Isn't that a lot? I remember you saying that you're quite a tall girl. That seems like a lot of weight loss for your height.

Hey Obs,

Err.. I don't know, I'm gained a lot of weight in the last few years, am just going for it ad will see what happens lol. I want to lose a lot of fat, drop as much as I can, go weight training and prob gain another stone from that alone. I'm looking at around 130lbs... from the plan. Then with training go up again.

Will take me to lower end of normal. But that's what I need to be to a size 10...

It's a pain being taller, as to have the shape of a smaller person like for like we still need to lose more. Stand next to a picture of a slim tall person and a same shape small person, to see :( :(

On another note, even though i was bad and ate a lot of my daughters sweet popcorn at the flicks last night.. am out of ketosis, but that's ok, back on plan with a vengeance today.

I was walking the dogs Sunday on and as I was crossing the road at the zebra crossing of course... a car stopped and I just put my hand up to say thanks as you do... but at the corner of my eye, he car didn't move on, I turned back and these two guys were sitting in their car their car staring at me, I was so freaked out, then the driver says, I want to give you my number... I was so stunned I just smiled oddly and walked on...

My face has slimmed down, but seriously can't tell if they're taking the mickey as I'm prob old enough to be their mother.. I know people may say I look younger, but that's just taking the proverbial 'P'.

Boys are such idiots... urgh so glad am happily a single mum..

xxx

Hey Obs,

Err.. I don't know, I'm gained a lot of weight in the last few years, am just going for it ad will see what happens lol. I want to lose a lot of fat, drop as much as I can, go weight training and prob gain another stone from that alone. I'm looking at around 130lbs... from the plan. Then with training go up again.

Will take me to lower end of normal. But that's what I need to be to a size 10...

It's a pain being taller, as to have the shape of a smaller person like for like we still need to lose more. Stand next to a picture of a slim tall person and a same shape small person, to see :( :(

On another note, even though i was bad and ate a lot of my daughters sweet popcorn at the flicks last night.. am out of ketosis, but that's ok, back on plan with a vengeance today.

I was walking the dogs Sunday on and as I was crossing the road at the zebra crossing of course... a car stopped and I just put my hand up to say thanks as you do... but at the corner of my eye, he car didn't move on, I turned back and these two guys were sitting in their car their car staring at me, I was so freaked out, then the driver says, I want to give you my number... I was so stunned I just smiled oddly and walked on...

My face has slimmed down, but seriously can't tell if they're taking the mickey as I'm prob old enough to be their mother.. I know people may say I look younger, but that's just taking the proverbial 'P'.

Boys are such idiots... urgh so glad am happily a single mum..

xxx

Oh I completely agree on boys being idiots. I am happy being just single for now.

I would have freaked out as well if that had happened to me. But I think it's okay to secretly feel good about getting attention. Not in a dangerous sort of way. Hate it when women get followed or eve-teased. But a little bit of male attention is nice, even if all you do with it is reject it. And sometimes it's even better to get compliments from women. Not your girl-friends who will be nice to you any way, but strangers. Women compliments are the best because you know there's no agenda there.

I am looking at going down to around 145 lbs which would put be on the higher side of normal weight range given that I am only 5 ft 4.5 inch (the half inch is important :) ). I do see the sense you're making. Once we're off the diet we will put on some weight automatically. The body also adds some glycogen weight. So it does make sense to a go a few kgs lighter than target. But it seems like such a long way away. I have my birthday in October and I really do want to be able to celebrate it with cake and food. I was planning to stay on the diet till mid September and then start weaning myself off and start exercising. But seeing that I have another 30 lbs to go, I may have to continue till October at least. Maybe I can take a break for my birthday.

Everyone needs to take breaks for b days. I'm going to get a few diff flavour shakes and make a layered mouse shake cake for mine, just in case. I'm mid September, I will def be eating something albeit Keto or Atkins style. I will be happy with my shake mouse layer cake/pudding ;)

Then by xmas I will be at goal I hope or maybe in new year. I will keep at it.

xxx

Hi Obs,

How are you? Haven't heard from you for a while. How are you getting on. I think we've all fallen of the wagon a bit, but jump back on. We're all here with you.

I've been spicing up my meal packs, but currently love sticking pre made packs in the freezer, I then cut the top off, then peel the surrounding paper like an orange all in one and chomp away for around half an hour.

I love them and could just live on them. I had 2 of those today, a mac n cheese and my trusted lemon bar which I must have everyday without fail... lol... totally yummy.

Hope to hear updates from you soon. You've been missed

xxx

Back