The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Morning chick a fab result yet again I'm so happy for you!!
You have really got this in the bag stevie you have takin to this way of getting what you want so well and your food is always so good too I'm doing my first fast in a while today hoping I do well like yourself extra happy Monday for you !!
Sounds like a fab night with your warren too he sounds so supportive you lucky mere haha Xxx

Morning chick a fab result yet again I'm so happy for you!!
You have really got this in the bag stevie you have takin to this way of getting what you want so well and your food is always so good too I'm doing my first fast in a while today hoping I do well like yourself extra happy Monday for you !!
Sounds like a fab night with your warren too he sounds so supportive you lucky mere haha Xxx

Thank you lovely Katie. I am soo happy!! A nice loss on a Monday morning always sets me up for another great week!

I've just noticed from your diary you're fasting today - good luck!! You'll smash it babe xxx

Another amazing loss, honey! I'm going to try calorie counting 5:2 instead of SW for the next few weeks - I really hope I get some of the incredible losses you've had! xxx

Another amazing loss, honey! I'm going to try calorie counting 5:2 instead of SW for the next few weeks - I really hope I get some of the incredible losses you've had! xxx

Thank you lovely, I am very happy indeed! Seeing good losses each week definitely spurs me on to continue. I keep thinking of my holiday in September and how much better I'm going to look and feel if I keep this up!

Love that you're joing the 5:2 bandwagon. You'll absolutely smash it! Good luck, and if you need anything just shout up! xxx

Thanks hun. I've read your posts in detail so promise not to ask any of the questions that must drive you totally bonkers on IG!!! ;)

I've done 5:2 with SW but think I need the flex of calorie counting at the moment, and your results prove it works like a charm!

I've got my run in 6 weeks, which is my first mini-goal point. After that it quietens down and I can hopefully make more in-roads towards target. We have a trip to Paris in July to watch the end of the Tour de France and then a friend's wedding the first weekend in August. I have an amazing dress for the wedding I need to fit into!!

xxx

Thanks hun. I've read your posts in detail so promise not to ask any of the questions that must drive you totally bonkers on IG!!! ;)

I've done 5:2 with SW but think I need the flex of calorie counting at the moment, and your results prove it works like a charm!

I've got my run in 6 weeks, which is my first mini-goal point. After that it quietens down and I can hopefully make more in-roads towards target. We have a trip to Paris in July to watch the end of the Tour de France and then a friend's wedding the first weekend in August. I have an amazing dress for the wedding I need to fit into!!

xxx

You have so many things to keep you motivated - that always helps! Plus the fact they're all staggered, so you can set yourself mini goals along the way. You will nail at, and you will love the flexibility of it too. I certainly do! I think you look fantastic now, so no doubt about it you'll be smoking in that amazing dress of yours!! xxx

Ah thanks gorgeous! You always look amazing in your pics too - I love the hat you've been rocking lately! Wish I could pull them off but with my hair short, they don't look quite right!
You're so brave doing progress pics too. I'm going to take some before ones tonight...but for my eyes only xxx

This is fabulous hun. So happy for you and feeling proud that you have done so great!!

I did my first feast day yesterday and I went over my TDEE by just 7 calories... I can live with that!! Tomorrow is my first fast day so I need to plan plan plan!!

Well done lovely you're smashing it!!
Are you going to try the new SW ready meals? They're apparently quite low in calories and they're really filling and very big. Could come in handy on fast days or feast days! x

Ah thanks gorgeous! You always look amazing in your pics too - I love the hat you've been rocking lately! Wish I could pull them off but with my hair short, they don't look quite right!
You're so brave doing progress pics too. I'm going to take some before ones tonight...but for my eyes only xxx

Thank you honey! I'm loving my hats at the moment. Have always loved them, but could never pull them off when I had short hair either. I always looked like a boy!! But now it's getting nice and long I have more confidence to wear them! Looking forward to getting a nice summery one for holiday! xxx

This is fabulous hun. So happy for you and feeling proud that you have done so great!!

I did my first feast day yesterday and I went over my TDEE by just 7 calories... I can live with that!! Tomorrow is my first fast day so I need to plan plan plan!!

Thank you lovely, definitely happy with how things are going at the moment and it's really encouraging me to keep sticking with it!

Well done on your first TDEE (Feast) day! 7cals is nothing in the grand scheme of things - it will balance out over the week I'm sure.

Good luck with tomorrows Fast day. Planning will definitely help - also lots of fluids to keep you full up and hydrated! xx

Well done lovely you're smashing it!!
Are you going to try the new SW ready meals? They're apparently quite low in calories and they're really filling and very big. Could come in handy on fast days or feast days! x

Thanks so much sweetie. Long may it last! :)

You know, I'm not sure on the SW meals just yet. I just think at £3 a go they are SO expensive! I know I pay like £10 for 3 M&S meals, but those are fresh meals and not frozen. And they tend to be a bit different - like the pulled pork or burger with wedges, etc. We have an Iceland in Darlington where I work, so I might have a wander over on my lunch break one day and take a look at them. And then I'll decide! xx

Thank you honey! I'm loving my hats at the moment. Have always loved them, but could never pull them off when I had short hair either. I always looked like a boy!! But now it's getting nice and long I have more confidence to wear them! Looking forward to getting a nice summery one for holiday! xxx

Thank you lovely, definitely happy with how things are going at the moment and it's really encouraging me to keep sticking with it!

Well done on your first TDEE (Feast) day! 7cals is nothing in the grand scheme of things - it will balance out over the week I'm sure.

Good luck with tomorrows Fast day. Planning will definitely help - also lots of fluids to keep you full up and hydrated! xx

Thanks so much sweetie. Long may it last! :)

You know, I'm not sure on the SW meals just yet. I just think at £3 a go they are SO expensive! I know I pay like £10 for 3 M&S meals, but those are fresh meals and not frozen. And they tend to be a bit different - like the pulled pork or burger with wedges, etc. We have an Iceland in Darlington where I work, so I might have a wander over on my lunch break one day and take a look at them. And then I'll decide! xx

Yeah I agree they are expensive for a ready meal, they've had mixed reviews too. The sausages and meatballs haven't had good feedback either. I'll only be using them for a quick meal when I can't be bothered cooking.
Do you have any recommendations from M&S? Might treat myself to something from there when I eventually get my next award xx

Last edited:
Yeah I agree they are expensive for a ready meal, they've had mixed reviews too. The sausages and meatballs haven't good feedback either. I'll only be using them for a quick meal when I can't be bothered cooking.
Do you have any recommendations from M&S? Might treat myself to something from there when I eventually get my next award xx

I read bad reviews of the sausages. Lots of people said they seemed really bland and that the skin went quite hard and plastic-like. I love my Quorn sausages so I think I'll stick to them, and also love the Quorn meatballs so won't bother with SW version either. I have also read that the curry (is it tikka masala?) is quite watery. So up to now I'm not really feeling too excited about them. Will definitely look at them though, as they say "don't knock it until you've tried it".

Oh the M&S meals are to die for!! There are so many I could reccommend. My absolute fave so far has been the BBQ pulled pork which comes with a few wedges and a gorgeous chipotle coleslaw. They also do a similar "naked burger" which comes with wedges, roasted red onions, gherkins and a smoky tomato relish. Very yummy! Also love their pulled ham ready meal - it's like a sunday lunch ready in like 3mins!? That one comes with mashed potato, runner beans, carrots and a lovely mustard sauce. I tried a roasted chicken and mushroom red wine dish last week which came with roasted veggies and that was nice too. Plus their "Count on Us" pizzas - I used to get ham and mushroom, but I noticed a new one the other day. I can't remember what it was now, but something with spinach / pesto seems to ring a bell. I could go on and on about the M&S meals, they all really are amazing!! And they're all "fresh" too rather than frozen, and generally seem to be really good ingredients and decent sized portions. I love 'em! xx

I read bad reviews of the sausages. Lots of people said they seemed really bland and that the skin went quite hard and plastic-like. I love my Quorn sausages so I think I'll stick to them, and also love the Quorn meatballs so won't bother with SW version either. I have also read that the curry (is it tikka masala?) is quite watery. So up to now I'm not really feeling too excited about them. Will definitely look at them though, as they say "don't knock it until you've tried it".

Oh the M&S meals are to die for!! There are so many I could reccommend. My absolute fave so far has been the BBQ pulled pork which comes with a few wedges and a gorgeous chipotle coleslaw. They also do a similar "naked burger" which comes with wedges, roasted red onions, gherkins and a smoky tomato relish. Very yummy! Also love their pulled ham ready meal - it's like a sunday lunch ready in like 3mins!? That one comes with mashed potato, runner beans, carrots and a lovely mustard sauce. I tried a roasted chicken and mushroom red wine dish last week which came with roasted veggies and that was nice too. Plus their "Count on Us" pizzas - I used to get ham and mushroom, but I noticed a new one the other day. I can't remember what it was now, but something with spinach / pesto seems to ring a bell. I could go on and on about the M&S meals, they all really are amazing!! And they're all "fresh" too rather than frozen, and generally seem to be really good ingredients and decent sized portions. I love 'em! xx

Oooh thank you for the suggestions, I'll pop in tomorrow and have a browse. I really like the sound of the pizzas and the pulled pork :) xx

Oooooh well done on another great loss! I'm going to have to have a look at the m&s ready meals, they sound lovely!

Last edited:
Oooooh well done on another great loss! I'm going to have to have a look at the m&m ready meals, they sound lovely!

Thanking you :D x

Here to sub ;) I'm thinking of changing from sw to calorie counting. I'm just getting my head around MFP and wondered if theres a setting for 5:2 so you can work out how many calories you can have on feast days?x

There isn't, that's one downside to MFP. You can't set it up to pick up that you're doing 5:2 - it will also give you an error messages on the fast days telling you that you've eaten too few calories. You just need to ignore it.

To calculate your non-fast day allowance, Google TDEE (I can't post the link in case I get banned again lol) and the first link should take you to a calculator and page that will explain everything xx

Yippeeeeeeeeeee well done on the loss, you're doing so well, isn't Warren a sweetie, doing without fish & chips, I'm sure you'll appreciate your KFC tonight, it'll be worth the wait x

xxx

Whoa, I'm so jealous you'll be watching the Tour de France, we watch it every year & I always say that's something I'd like to see, when we were in Spain a few years ago the a stage of the Viva la Espania finished in the village we were staying in which was so exciting, over very quickly as you can imagine, but brill all the same x

Yippeeeeeeeeeee well done on the loss, you're doing so well, isn't Warren a sweetie, doing without fish & chips, I'm sure you'll appreciate your KFC tonight, it'll be worth the wait x Whoa, I'm so jealous you'll be watching the Tour de France, we watch it every year & I always say that's something I'd like to see, when we were in Spain a few years ago the a stage of the Viva la Espania finished in the village we were staying in which was so exciting, over very quickly as you can imagine, but brill all the same x

Amazing - we would love to see the Vuelta one day. Have watched heaps of races in the UK (inc the Olympic road race) so am used to the long wait and them flying by and being gone in ten seconds flat. Thankfully at the end of the TDF they do a few laps so we will get a few glimpses. Would love to see Froome win again!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back