The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Here to sub! I love reading your 5:2 diet and its spurred me on to start up on 5:2 again actually! I've been eating a lot of crap and high cal meals with the family recently as opposed to making my own separate tea and although I havent put any weight on, im actually craving to est healthier again?!

Well done on an amazing first week loss! Good luck with the rest of this week, what days are fast days this week for you??

X

Here to sub! I love reading your 5:2 diet and its spurred me on to start up on 5:2 again actually! I've been eating a lot of crap and high cal meals with the family recently as opposed to making my own separate tea and although I havent put any weight on, im actually craving to est healthier again?!

Well done on an amazing first week loss! Good luck with the rest of this week, what days are fast days this week for you??

X

Hello lovely, thanks for joining me! :)

I know what you mean - our bodies definitely start to crave the healthy stuff at some point. I ate so much rubbish after being on and off different plans for months and I think my body was so grateful for good, healthy food last week that it said thank you with a nice loss lol! I've still had a few ready meals, but they've been the M&S ones which are more fresh and seem like better food - other than that I've tried to eat fruit and salad and SW inspired meals which has been good.

I'm fasting Tuesday and Thursday again this week. I enjoyed not having to worry too much about what I was eating all weekend so, as much as I used to like to fast on a Sunday (the day before weigh in), I think I'll make Tuesday and Thursday my regular days. The good thing is that you can mix it up and do whatever fits your week best! There will be other weeks when we have stuff on and I'll have to move my fast days, but as long as you do two a week it doesn't really matter which days they're on. This plan is so flexible! Xx

Morning stevie well done on yesterday's fast here's to a feast day for you YAYYYY :)
What's today's menu ??
We're half way through the week which is another reason to smile hope you have a lovely day and work goes quickly Xxx

Good morning diary, happy hump day! I'm pleased that this week seems to be going quickly, and I hope it will continue to do so. At this rate it'll be the weekend before we know it! I'm looking forward to the weekend mainly because we're going to Nando's on Friday night lol. It's been a few weeks since I've had a Nando's hit :giggle: so it's much awaited!Really pleased with how yesterdays Fast went. It was the first of the week and I ended on 485cals and felt thoroughly satisfied with what I had. I'm going to get the second one out of the way with tomorrow and then I can relax and enjoy the weekend with Warren. I've mentioned it in my previous post but, where possible, I'm going to stick with Tuesday & Thursday as my regular Fast days. Then it means they're over and done with early on, and also I'm at work those days and being busy always helps me to get through them.

Today I've got a yummy Feast day planned, and I've got Warren coming round for tea. His favourite again tonight - pizza chicken! I will have my Quorn version which is equally as delicious! Looking forward to that.

Have a great Wednesday all x

Wednesday 18th February 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- KX Sugar Free Energy Drink

Lunch:
- Greggs Mexican Bandit Baguette
- Multipack bag of Sweet Chilli Special K Cracker Crisps
- Greggs Gingerbread Man
- Bottle of Coke Zero

Afternoon Snack:
- Creme Egg
- Bottle of Diet Coke

Dinner:
- Quorn Pizza "Chicken" topped with Tomato Puree, Mushrooms, Red Onion, Peppers, Jalapenos and Cheese. Served with Memphis Barbecue Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Steam Vegetables (Carrots, Broccoli and Cauliflower)

Other:

- Peanut Brittle with Milk Chocolate
- 3 x tsp. Ben & Jerry's "Core" Peanut Butter Me Up

Last edited:
Morning stevie well done on yesterday's fast here's to a feast day for you YAYYYY :)
What's today's menu ??
We're half way through the week which is another reason to smile hope you have a lovely day and work goes quickly Xxx

Thank you honey! Just posted todays eats - I'm really looking forward to tea tonight as Warren's coming round and I'm making pizza chicken. Yum! Also going to pick us up some of those Creme Egg Pots of Joy for our dessert. I love those - well, anything "Creme Egg" actually!

Feeling so positive and happy lately and even more so, as you say, that it's Wednesday. Woop!! xxx

I've just realised I'm not going to have time for my breakfast this morning! I've had my energy drink but I won't be able to fit my porridge in. I usually eat at around 10am, but I've got a meeting scheduled in at that time for an hour. Then by the time I come out at 11am it'll be too late, as it'll be approaching lunch time! Nevermind. I'm not feeling hungry yet this morning anyway, I never usually do straight after a Fast. No point trying to scoff my porridge now before my meeting when I'm not actually hungry. Maybe I'll have something different for lunch as I'll need to make up for the missing calories from breakfast - need to make sure I'm eating enough! Will update my diary accordingly x

Not sure if its an option for you, but I love porridge for supper lol
It warms my insides :)

Not sure if its an option for you, but I love porridge for supper lol
It warms my insides :)

See, by the time I've had my tea and dessert I'm usually stuffed. "Supper" for me is usually just a little something sweet with a cup of tea whilst I watch the soaps. I'll just have to give my porridge a miss today, shame as I was looking forward to it too! I love the caramel porridge pots. But it means I can have something extra yummy and slightly higher in cals for lunch to make up for it! Oooh, what to have!! x

See, by the time I've had my tea and dessert I'm usually stuffed. "Supper" for me is usually just a little something sweet with a cup of tea whilst I watch the soaps. I'll just have to give my porridge a miss today, shame as I was looking forward to it too! I love the caramel porridge pots. But it means I can have something extra yummy and slightly higher in cals for lunch to make up for it! Oooh, what to have!! x

I stopped having dessert at tea time with SW, I think because I was so full, I'd not bother with dessert and then have something later on in the evening, it probably doesn't help that I don;t have tea until about 8-9pm at night because of work/running/gym etc.

I stopped having dessert at tea time with SW, I think because I was so full, I'd not bother with dessert and then have something later on in the evening, it probably doesn't help that I don;t have tea until about 8-9pm at night because of work/running/gym etc.

I don't have dessert every night if I'm honest, mostly just when Warren is around as he's a chocoholic and has to have something sweet afterwards lol! I usually eat tea between 5-6pm and then would have dessert at around 7ish? It's funny, I never ate dessert when I was following SW but now I do occasionally. I think it's because I'm not a fan of mock desserts - like the SW low Syn recipes. If I'm going to have it, it's got to be the real thing! 5:2 / CC allows me more freedom and choice that way x

Mmm, decided I'm going to treat myself to a baguette sandwich from Greggs for lunch. They're my absolute favourite and I've not had one in ages! Even having that with crisps and a drink for lunch, and with my tea and dessert included, I'm still left with 566cals for the day. So I've realised I could have had one even if I did have breakfast! How awesome is that - love this super flexible way of life!! Not going to make it a regular thing now that I know I can fit it in, but it'll be nice for a treat now and then. Yum!!

Hi Stevie, here to follow, you are doing so well on 5:2 :) I also did 5:2 a while ago and it worked really well but then stopped doing it...been back on it properly since Jan and sticking with it now x

Hi Stevie, here to follow, you are doing so well on 5:2 :) I also did 5:2 a while ago and it worked really well but then stopped doing it...been back on it properly since Jan and sticking with it now x

Hello hun! Oh, that's fab. Pleased to hear it's going well for you too :) I'm just preparing for my second Fast of the week tomorrow! X

I had Greggs today too yum, I had a cajun chicken flatbread it was really nice!

Oh yummy!! It was a very nice, one-off treat x

Good morning diary, happy Thursday. One day closer to Friday, Nando's and the weekend! :giggle:

Today's my second Fast of the week, and this morning I was really nervous as I woke up feeling starving. Had a drink of water and I was fine - turns out I was thirsty rather than hungry! It's amazing how your body plays tricks on you.

Here's how todays Fast is looking...

Thursday 19th February 2015
*Fast Day*

Breakfast (15cals):
- Can of Monster Zero (15)

Lunch (2cals):
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero (2)

Dinner (375cals):
- Tesco Healthy Living Chicken with Baby Potatoes and Vegetables (280). Plus an extra pouch of Steam Vegetables (40)
- Bottle of Coke Zero (2)
- Milkyway Magic Stars Mini Cookie (53)

Supper (77cals):

- Creme Egg Biscuit (77)

Total Calories:
469 / 500

Last edited:
Subbing to your diary! Love your meal plans and I love how you don't restrict yourself in non fast days ( something I still struggle with ) have a fab day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It's amazing how much water can fill you up! Good luck with your fast day xx

Subbing to your diary! Love your meal plans and I love how you don't restrict yourself in non fast days ( something I still struggle with ) have a fab day xxx
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks honey. I still track my calories on Feast days and stay within my TDEE but if I fancy something and I have the calories for it, whether it's "healthy" or not, then I will have it. Hence the Greggs yesterday :p

Thanks again for subbing. Hope Thursday is good to you! xxx

It's amazing how much water can fill you up! Good luck with your fast day xx

It really is! It's one thing I've really started to take into consideration lately. Normally if I woke up feeling "starving" I'd scoff something. But now I'm realising that 9 times out of 10 it's actually thirst rather than hunger! I'm learning so much about my body xx

I need to remember to try drinking water when I feel "hungry", it never crosses my mind.
Good luck with today's fast, is this the last one for this week then? X

I need to remember to try drinking water when I feel "hungry", it never crosses my mind.
Good luck with today's fast, is this the last one for this week then? X

Honestly, it really does help! I've not eaten anything yet today but have drunk plenty, and I don't feel hungry at all. Just having black tea as I type :)

It is indeed the last Fast of the week! Will be nice to get it over and done with. Then, as I said, we're off to Nando's for tea tomorrow - most likely followed by a bottle of wine when we get home! Excited xx

Back