The answer to "How Many Calories Should I Eat?"

bump

Fattack - I have Private Messaged you re: this post :) Hope you can help.

Thanks

Sarah xx

so for me, 23 year old female 5'3 180lbs run 3times a week for me to lose 2lbs a week I need 1,235 calories a day?

hi hun can u help me please i am 5 6 and 31 13stone 9 pound and starting the gym 2 3 times a week how many calories would help me loose weight and can u eat anything as long as you count thanks x

So I've worked out how many calories I should have daily, based on the equation and my BMI and BMR - but when I start losing weight my BMI and BMR will obviously change, meaning my calorie allowance would change too...

So how often would you advise recalculating to avoid weight gain or staying the same? And to continue losing?

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

Great post thanks :) worked out my numbers a while back and after playing around with them I do find if I eat my calories back i don't lose. :$ I think everybody is different. :$ I do eat after working out but always count this in my calories.

Thanks for this it's really helpful for a newbie!

Ok according to Myfitnesspass I should be eating 1200 calories, according to this calculation it is 1436...how much different would 200 calories make either way? :/

im trying to work out my calorie by using tdee and taking away 500 calories a day. im not sure what activity level to use. i look after 2 boys under 2 all day so lots of moving,cleaning and im up and downstairs alot of the day. i use a heart rate moniter to see calories burned through exercise and im eating them back at the moment. Im doing the 30 day shred at the moment so exercising everyday, but il usually work out 3-4 days a week. Would setting tdee to lightly active 1-3 days a week then adding exercise calories work? I go for walks with the kids 1-2 days a week anyway which last 1-2 hours so that would count as 1-3 days activity then I could add workout calories burned right?

im trying to work out my calorie by using tdee and taking away 500 calories a day. im not sure what activity level to use. i look after 2 boys under 2 all day so lots of moving,cleaning and im up and downstairs alot of the day. i use a heart rate moniter to see calories burned through exercise and im eating them back at the moment. Im doing the 30 day shred at the moment so exercising everyday, but il usually work out 3-4 days a week. Would setting tdee to lightly active 1-3 days a week then adding exercise calories work? I go for walks with the kids 1-2 days a week anyway which last 1-2 hours so that would count as 1-3 days activity then I could add workout calories burned right?

You would only put sedentary if you were really really did not a lot .. Sat around all day .. Had a desk job etc .. So lightly active would be better x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just after your advice/opinion please

I’m doing the fast 5:2 diet so 2 non consecutive days of the week I stick to 500 calories but I’m getting loads of conflicting advice about what I should be having each of the 5 days as a max if I want to lose around a lb a week.

I’m a 34 year old girly

I’m 5ft 8ins

I currently weigh 10st 1lb

I work in an office and have a desk job but spend so much of my time out of my seat going up and down stairs etc i actually dont sit down for very long. Other than that I do very little exercise although I have started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred around 3-4 times a week which is a 20 minute mix of cardio and strength.

Many thanks.

P.S. - also wondered if you have restrictions on your account on minimins as ive tried three times to send a member private messages and emails but they don't seem to go through. Thanks again!

To manicdeb

I just ran your numbers ... And your BMR is 1428
At lightly active your TDEE would be 1964 and at moderately active it would be 2214
Hope this helps x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back