The bars and shakes are yuck!!

I used to add two teaspoonsful of psyllium husk to my CD shakes and soups. With a bit of extra water. an added sweetener (not the soups - they had vegetable boullion or oxo cube added) and 5-10 minutes left standing, then shaken up (or stirred) again, they are surprisingly thick and yummy! And the husk provides valuable soluble fibre.

if you prefer slimfast, etc ... maybe some sweetener tablets crushed and mixed in the shakes with ice cold water may help.

It is not an "easy" way to lose weight, but certainly the one that works for me (just have to learn to maintain now :( ) .... I'm a true believer in no pain, no gain ... there's no easy way to lose weight.

Good luck.

I reckon once you start seeing the results you can achieve you'll glug these down with no bother! :D

Like everyone else says.. we're all so different. Having the vanilla ones hot with coffee is a god send to some people but for me.. YUK! It was horrible! And I cant stand the chocolate ones.. but for other people is the absolute fav.

Hopefully you'll find some tricks on this site that make them more manageable for you. Its well worth it. :)

Well I had an icy cold chocolate one this morning and almost enjoyed it. By no means the best thing I have ever drank but definitely an improvement on previous ones. I'm going to try a soup later. I only ordered 1 of each soup as I didn't think I'd like them. Sod's law says I'll love them!

Miss G I tried a hot vanilla one with coffee and blughhhh won't be doing it again.

I've read right through the Other Bars thread and I'm going to get some ASDA and BL bars to try.

Maybe I'm weird (okay, I definitely AM weird!) but I love the shakes and bars, and have done from the beginning.

I actually look forward to them :eek:

I'm with you Scanbran (wierd lol) cos I love all of the products and always have. I had a vanilla shake with mixed spice last night - yum, I would have licked the glass if it had been wider lol.

Me too! I like all of the flavours and bars, don't add extra water either.
However do not like them hot - yuck!!!
Like mine made with cold water from the fridge :)

Eek... I was hoping to give this a go... Did you manage to stomach them in the end?

I tried my fest shake today. I wasn't expecting much as my other half (who did Cambridge diet with me) said they weren't good!

But overall it wasn't bad. It's not very sweet so I added a teaspoon of sweetener and it was drinkable and by the end of the glass I was quite enjoying it!

Is exante the same as CD as in you cam really only use tablet sweeteners? X

Colony said:
I tried my fest shake today. I wasn't expecting much as my other half (who did Cambridge diet with me) said they weren't good!

But overall it wasn't bad. It's not very sweet so I added a teaspoon of sweetener and it was drinkable and by the end of the glass I was quite enjoying it!

Is exante the same as CD as in you cam really only use tablet sweeteners? X

Yep just tablet ones :)

I put large bottles of water in the fridge so there is always really cold water to make the shakes. I definitely wouldn't want to have them at room temp. I also use a lot more water than normal.

I generally make up the shakes with 300ml of water.

Cold water is best, but I really don't mind them with just standard tap water.

The bars are pretty good/okay, but the Tesco and Biggest Loser ones are nicer.

I'm now almost 3 weeks into this (TS) although I've had a few days where I've consciously decided to eat some chicken, just to see what effect it would have.
It has very little effect on my losses and is quite helpful in certain situations.

Overall a very good, effective, nutrionally-balanced and satisfying weight-loss method.

Eek... I was hoping to give this a go... Did you manage to stomach them in the end?

It has gotten better as the days go on. The shakes have to be icy cold with a sweetener and have a big glass of water to hand to wash them down. I can't see me ever enjoying the bars, but until you try them you won't know if you like them. Plenty of people love all the stuff!

The weight loss is making it worth it. 5lbs off since Friday! I have had some chicken and lettuce the past two days though. TS is so much harder than I though it would be!For now, I am happy having 1 small, low carb meal.

I keep telling myself, the sooner I get rid of the weight, the sooner I can enjoy my favourite foods (in moderation!!)

Scanbran said:
Maybe I'm weird (okay, I definitely AM weird!) but I love the shakes and bars, and have done from the beginning.

I actually look forward to them :eek:

Me too!!! And I hated the Cambridge diet ones. It's all a matter of taste - and I think cos the exante ones are not as sweet or salty that's why I like them

Started Exante 21 August 2011 - 18st 2. week 1 weigh in - lost 9lbs (17.7) week 2 weigh in - Mini Goal - 2st by 30 September. Next Goal 3st by 30 October. 1 week off to enjoy Barbados Holiday. Then final push to lose 3st by March 2012 and weigh 11 stone. Stay there and maintain. :)

Strawberry was ok for me today colder water the better I think :) but I do down them QUICK lol x

(25.08.08-18 stone 5) (27.08.11 - 12 stone 6 83 lost 21lbs to go!!

I love all the shakes and bars, although I do have the Asda ones due to the price. I've been having all my shakes hot for the last 2 weeks and I love them, I mix with 500mls ish of water.

I think you have to like a diet to stick with it,and if you're not liking something then try ways to adapt it so you enjoy it, if you're not enjoying it, then I think you're more likely to quit it :)

The vanilla shakes! Mmmmmmmmm, they are gorgeous blended with 5 ice cubes, 250mls water and one splenda tablet. Sooooo delicious! X

Today was quite funny as I had just made up a chocolate shake (I am at mum and dads for a bit) and dad asked me if I could get a smell of damp so I looked around and sniffed the air and then realised it was my shake lol he couldn't believe I could drink it ;)

The chocolate one does smell of damp!!!

Ive noticed this and so has my BF.

I quite like the taste of it. I wonder why it smells this way though? Its a bit creepy...

After a few days I'm not a fan of the soups at all. The Thai chicken is okay, but the tomato and the mushroom are not my cup of tea at all!! Love the shakes and bars though! Yum! X

I'm quite enjoying the vanilla shakes now.

Minus 8lbs as well so that is making it even better!

Back