The bars and shakes are yuck!!

Cupid said:
I am worried about these shakes now! I lived off the chocolate and chocolate mint on the CD. Are these worse in comparison? (Before i make my shake order!)

The Exante choc are my fav, then vanilla.

They are better than CD, if you prepare them well!

I am worried about these shakes now! I lived off the chocolate and chocolate mint on the CD. Are these worse in comparison? (Before i make my shake order!)
I moved from CD onto exante , and choc and choc mint were my faves too !!! The exante ones are a lot less sweet , and taste quite bland in comparrison , but they are also so thick and creamy and fill me up much more than the CD ones ever did , and i love the soups and bars too ... it will take you a few days to get used to them but you will get used to them :D I find exante so much easier as I feel far more satisfied and less hungry . Hope this helps xx

I think I must have had the dud chocolate batch when I started. I loved them :D

Now they taste a bit weird...

Anyway, it doesn't matter - one more week, and then hols and real food for a few days (then back on for a few weeks :p).

Scanbran said:
I think I must have had the dud chocolate batch when I started. I loved them :D

Now they taste a bit weird...

Anyway, it doesn't matter - one more week, and then hols and real food for a few days (then back on for a few weeks :p).

Just add Nesquik and your good to go lol

Well 2 1/2 weeks in and the shakes are definitely better. I just throw them back and follow with a glass of water. My taste buds must be changing as I don't even need a sweetener in them now.

I don't mind the shakes too much, I find the vanilla a bit sickly so tend to halve and halve that with either choc or strawberry to improve the taste. From what I've been reading on the forums a lot of people drink them as hot chocolates or with a dash of coffee(vanilla) so there are ways to get round it. I have a similar issue with the soups, only like one of the flavours. I guess it's all about finding a combination that you can stomach else it's going to be even harder. Love the tesco bars though!

Scanbran said:
Really?

Thanks for that. I've just been using Nutella up to now... :cool:

Nutella????

No wonder your in a diet forum!!! LOL!

:) lol *hugs*

Nasher and Basher said:
Hmm, Nesquik in the choc shake, that sounds like a good idea tbh. As the choc is my least favourite, but how much do you normally put in there ?

A tea spoon is enough, the trick with the chocolate one is to blend it.

I bought a Kenwood Smoothie 2 go, and all the shakes taste a million times better!

I think blenders are key to making a great shake. I have all of mine hot, and I use 900mls of water and a blender, it mixes it really well, makes them light and fluffy not like water :)

Mmmm, Nutella...

You could try Options or another sugar-free choc powder as Nesquik is high in sugar. Just a thought!

900ml of water?

They say 225-250 in the pack...

And you guys wonder why they are bland... lol

What happens to the bars?

Do you crush them to bits, mix with water and pretend it's a bowl of weetabix? lol

;)

Last edited:
As long as I use very cold water, I find 300-350ml of water with my space powder, shaken vigorously in a protein-shake-style mixer bottle for 10 seconds provide a nice, light, slightly frothy drink that I find rather pleasant :D

As long as I use very cold water, I find 300-350ml of water with my space powder, shaken vigorously in a protein-shake-style mixer bottle for 10 seconds provide a nice, light, slightly frothy drink that I find rather pleasant :D

You almost make the shakes sound delicious... :D:p

... ok yeah they are! ;):p

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the choc shake and I'm not ashamed to admit it lol
But they changed didn't they from mouldy tasting to super sweet, are they still super sweet? I hope so coz I like them like that.

I mix mine with just a large balloon whisk in a measuring jug, never have any lumps in mine. The choc one always seems to need an extra whisk though, no idea why.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the choc shake and I'm not ashamed to admit it lol
But they changed didn't they from mouldy tasting to super sweet, are they still super sweet? I hope so coz I like them like that.

I mix mine with just a large balloon whisk in a measuring jug, never have any lumps in mine. The choc one always seems to need an extra whisk though, no idea why.

You sound as if you are feeling better, that's good.
GSQ

I use 200 ml of very cold water, but my Kenwood Frothie maker froths and creams it so much, fills a 500ml glass to the top :)

Back