The battle of the Bubble

Also, is the 'pressure to lose weight for Cyprus' coming from your family or just YOU putting yourself under pressure? Whichever it is, its won't help, though I do understand how it feels, as I have been on the receiving end of it in the past. :(

Morning peeps

Drove to school running mega late body alarmclock didnt go off!!! :eek:

Just a bit of advice please? I was looking at calorie counting last night has anyone tried it? If so is there a good app they recommend? Im seriously thinking i eat too much so might weigh and measure til my hols then go back to sw after. Im feeling quite desperate and under pressure to lose weight for cyprus. Thinking 1200cals a day is that realistically achievable or am i just dreaming? :confused:

Have a nice day all will catch up with you all later. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi - hope ur ok? As others have said, 1200 cals seems a bit on the low side esp for u and ur busy life packed with exercise! Cal counting is one of the many things I've tried and failed with LOL - I found the continual counting a pain too - but give it a go it might just be the thing u need right now? Good luck with it - and don't forget - u need to lose the weight for u - not ur family - u've lost 9lbs already and that could soon be a stone with a pound off each week b4 Cyprus!! xxxx :greenapple:

Hi guys. Thanks for giving me all your views. Ive tried tracking on myfitnesspal today. According to the app i can have 1390cals a day but when i added todays activity this was upped to 1960cals. Ive eaten 1536 so far. I do think i will probably get fed up with counting cals but going to give it a go this week and see how i go.
I did stick to sw too, so the idea is to reduce the amount i eat because my meals look far too big compared to some of ur pictures on here.
The pressure to lose by cyprus is purely my own doing, im a little jealous i guess of my aunt. I was always the slimmest of the greeks in my family but shes just got her 6 stone award and is now lighter than me. Dont get me wrong im soooo proud of her but also got a touch of the green eyed monster. I want to be in the 11s too. Mad at myself i suppose. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah food

Mango and sweet pancake
Muller greek 1 syn

Spinach, onion, mushroom, peppers and courgette frylighted and thrown in a crispy salad.

Extra lean beef chilli with rice colmans chilli mix 2syns

Heatwave doritoes 7syns

2 alpen lights hexb
Milk hexa

10 syns

Exercise
Level 1 of 30ds
Pedometer 18876 steps 7.96 miles

Food looks ace! I think that's a good idea, following SW but just having a wee peek to see what your calories actually are. Then when you get used to the portion sizes you can cut back on the old counting before it drives you loopy :)

how has you day been today? X

Sounds like you've got it sorted Bubble. Don't put toooo much pressure on yourself, though I can see where you're coming from. You're hardly huge and I'm sure once you're there, you'll just natter away to your aunt about how you're both doing and you'll get over the green-eyed monster feeling. I have a similar situation with my sister so I know that monster feeling :D

Hi Hun, foods looking great! I know what you mean about the green eyes monster. Mine has reared it's ugly head lately, a friend if mine has lost 1.5st by doing bugger all in about 2 months! She's like a bloody stick lol.

Calorie counting isn't that bad, I do it every day. My allowance is 1200 but I often don't even have that. I think it's just getting used to doing it really xx

Morning bubble, hope you have a great day. I think it's good to have an awareness of the calories, I have put my food in my fitness pal once or twice, as it aids portion control. The science of losing weight is easy, eat less than you burn off however you can have too much of a good thing. If you eat 2500 cals worth of good healthy food or 2500 chocolate, you have consumed the same amount in energy, obviously the healthy food is better for you, but ultimately you have consumed the same amount of calories. Good luck with what you decide to do.

Hi guys. Thanks for giving me all your views. Ive tried tracking on myfitnesspal today. According to the app i can have 1390cals a day but when i added todays activity this was upped to 1960cals. Ive eaten 1536 so far. I do think i will probably get fed up with counting cals but going to give it a go this week and see how i go.
I did stick to sw too, so the idea is to reduce the amount i eat because my meals look far too big compared to some of ur pictures on here.
The pressure to lose by cyprus is purely my own doing, im a little jealous i guess of my aunt. I was always the slimmest of the greeks in my family but shes just got her 6 stone award and is now lighter than me. Dont get me wrong im soooo proud of her but also got a touch of the green eyed monster. I want to be in the 11s too. Mad at myself i suppose. :rolleyes:
Good news about ur calorie allowance - and no ur not mad - just normal like the rest of us ha ha!! Of course we want to be slimmer than our aunties and Cyprus in summer doesn't allow us to 'hide' much of ourselves in our clothes does it?! Just do ur best - I'm sure the family will be just pleased to see u and the family!

Last edited:
Ur very quiet Bubble - hope ur ok?

Hiya guys. Im sorry i werent around been mega busy with handover things for work. Getting very nervous at the workload and the legal side of things, the current manager is saying it does settle. I hope so, very scared ive bitten off more than i can chew at times. :eek:

Food wise have stuck to 1400cals yesterday, really enjoyed a avocado with my salad at lunch. Not had it for ages due to high syns.
Food was:
Fruit mullerlight greek style 1 syn
Ham salad with avocado 5syns and 2 ryvitas multiseed 4syns
Chicken wrapped in bacon with new pots and asparagus.
Ferrero rocher x2 7 syns

Alpen light x2 hexb
Milk hexa
Syns 17

Not bad i guess. :rolleyes:
MFP predicts ill lose a stone in 5 weeks carrying on as I am. That would be brill but somehow im not sure...

As im awake so early im going to do my c25k as i predict another full on day then have a catch up with you all on your diarys. Im missing being on here with my friends. :p

Ooops fell asleep again! no c25k . :rolleyes: try again later....

Have a nice day all. X

Hiya guys. Im sorry i werent around been mega busy with handover things for work. Getting very nervous at the workload and the legal side of things, the current manager is saying it does settle. I hope so, very scared ive bitten off more than i can chew at times. :eek:

Food wise have stuck to 1400cals yesterday, really enjoyed a avocado with my salad at lunch. Not had it for ages due to high syns.
Food was:
Fruit mullerlight greek style 1 syn
Ham salad with avocado 5syns and 2 ryvitas multiseed 4syns
Chicken wrapped in bacon with new pots and asparagus.
Ferrero rocher x2 7 syns

Alpen light x2 hexb
Milk hexa
Syns 17

Not bad i guess. :rolleyes:
MFP predicts ill lose a stone in 5 weeks carrying on as I am. That would be brill but somehow im not sure...

As im awake so early im going to do my c25k as i predict another full on day then have a catch up with you all on your diarys. Im missing being on here with my friends. :p

Hope work stuff does quieten down and soon not so stressful. At least you know everyone, which isn't as bad as starting a new job somewhere else. Sounds like it's your expectations of yourself more than anything, no one will be expecting you to get it all 100% straight off. Food sounds good and what with the nervous energy of work, I reckon you could well lose that stone if you stick to it. Make sure you get some time just for YOU, you've a lot on at the moment hun. x

Hi bubbles, I have the impending Cypriot holiday coming up too! And I am really feeling the pressure - let me know how u get on with cc I've also been thinking about it!

You've done so well and you are auper active - but SW for me is so slow I just loose motivation

Ooops fell asleep again! no c25k . :rolleyes: try again later....

Have a nice day all. X

u must have needed that extra sleep - hope today is less stressful - as cloudy says u have high expectations of urself - work chose u and everyone needs time to learn and settle in to a new job - don't be too hard on urself and have a good day!xx

Back