The battle of the Bubble

Hi all hope u all well. Had a nice day today bank holiday. We had a reunion in Larnaca with people from husbands village which is occupied by the turks.
Had nice food (buffet) but didn't count the syns, just had a bit of everything. Oh well! Anyway forgot about problems for a while.
Seems most problems seem to be connected to money. Who bloody well invented it? can't do nothing without it, and on top of that I've been having tooth aches one on top and one on bottom which need filling and I can't go to the dentist cos there too blooming expensive and when they start on one it seems they all need fixing.
Here I go again, sorry all, i'm grumbling again:grumble:.

Hey sis try this out, eat as many sweets as you can until you feel sick and don't want to eat them again. I do that sometimes and it helps! for a couple of days anyway!
No seriously, try not to have too many sweets in the house and if you do pick ones which are good syn wise. try bics ones for 1-2 syns there quite good with a cup of tea keep you going.

Thanks to all who are a great support and there for a friendly word. It's nice to know you can just get things out of your system, and someone there to give you advice.:)xxx

Hi all hope u all well. Had a nice day today bank holiday. We had a reunion in Larnaca with people from husbands village which is occupied by the turks.
Had nice food (buffet) but didn't count the syns, just had a bit of everything. Oh well! Anyway forgot about problems for a while.
Seems most problems seem to be connected to money. Who bloody well invented it? can't do nothing without it, and on top of that I've been having tooth aches one on top and one on bottom which need filling and I can't go to the dentist cos there too blooming expensive and when they start on one it seems they all need fixing.
Here I go again, sorry all, i'm grumbling again:grumble:.

Hey sis try this out, eat as many sweets as you can until you feel sick and don't want to eat them again. I do that sometimes and it helps! for a couple of days anyway!
No seriously, try not to have too many sweets in the house and if you do pick ones which are good syn wise. try bics ones for 1-2 syns there quite good with a cup of tea keep you going.

Thanks to all who are a great support and there for a friendly word. It's nice to know you can just get things out of your system, and someone there to give you advice.:)xxx

Hi - glad u had a good bank hol - good to have fun & forget about problems. Poor u with toothache - hope u get some relief and it settles down soon. Good advice for your sis too xx

Hi all
I made it til 730pm, then ate til i was feeling sick! Ate rum n raisin carte dor! Its really made me feel yuck! Hubbys home next 4 nights so should be good now as he stops me from indulging.

I want to thank you guys for being here for me and my rants. I just cant concentrate on food so its really damage limitation until such time i can again.
Blimming council are resurfacing outside overnight for 2 weeks. Oh boy my sleeps crap as it is! :eek:

Hi all
I made it til 730pm, then ate til i was feeling sick! Ate rum n raisin carte dor! Its really made me feel yuck! Hubbys home next 4 nights so should be good now as he stops me from indulging.

I want to thank you guys for being here for me and my rants. I just cant concentrate on food so its really damage limitation until such time i can again.
Blimming council are resurfacing outside overnight for 2 weeks. Oh boy my sleeps crap as it is! :eek:

Well all day you were good, so what set off the 7.30 binge? If you can work on your triggers, and have a plan ready to counteract the binge urge, maybe you can get through it.
Next time say to yourself, I'll walk away from this icecream and do something for 10mins, then if I REALLY want it, I'll have x amount.
I've done that, then go and try on something I really want to wear, or paint my nails or have a bath to distract myself. During the ten mins think of reasons why not to eat it. If as I said, after the ten mins, you still want it, limit the amount.
It might just work long enough to talk yourself out of a binge. That's why I save syns till the evening, so I can have a treat if I need one. As long as one or two treats don't lead to more!

Anyway, by doing the whole day on plan, you've limited the 'damage'.

Grr to council resurfacing! Hope you're fast asleep now! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well all day you were good, so what set off the 7.30 binge? If you can work on your triggers, and have a plan ready to counteract the binge urge, maybe you can get through it.
Next time say to yourself, I'll walk away from this icecream and do something for 10mins, then if I REALLY want it, I'll have x amount.
I've done that, then go and try on something I really want to wear, or paint my nails or have a bath to distract myself. During the ten mins think of reasons why not to eat it. If as I said, after the ten mins, you still want it, limit the amount.
It might just work long enough to talk yourself out of a binge. That's why I save syns till the evening, so I can have a treat if I need one. As long as one or two treats don't lead to more!

Anyway, by doing the whole day on plan, you've limited the 'damage'.

Grr to council resurfacing! Hope you're fast asleep now! X

Good tactics Cloudy - when I binge it's usually spur of the moment esp when I'm tired so will try that next time - u must have been up early again!!

Hi all

well up to 7.30 on plan is good - so ur getting there bit by bit! Cloudy's idea sounds good - hope it works for u xx

Good tactics Cloudy - when I binge it's usually spur of the moment esp when I'm tired so will try that next time - u must have been up early again!!

Unfortunately yes, up at an ungodly hour but managed bit more around 5.30. I hate that though as then I seem to sleep really heavily and wake up feeling worse somehow. Just had a long hot shower (followed by cooling down in the garden lol) and about to have late brekkie.
Good luck to both of you today, I'm sending good vibes for staying strong xx

Morning bubble, just been catching up on your diary. Looks like you are struggling like me at the moment. I am eating healthy meals but too many naughty snacks! Anyway, sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on at the moment so just be good when you can. When you are in the zone there is no stopping you and you can do it. X

Hi Bubbles - pls come back - know ur not in the best place for SW right now but think it's best to keep posting even once a day and have a peep at how others are doing for inspiration! Don't bother reading about me I'm really upndown at the mo - actually what amI talking about I'm more down than up! But I did have 3.67 good days this week so sts!! Best week I've had in 2 months!! Hope to see u soon xx

Hi Bubbles 2 - hope ur doing ok and things aren't too bad for u over there xx

Morning Bubs, hope your having a better day today . Hugs from the bunny :bighug: We miss you, come back soon :):).

Kay xx

Thinking of you Bubble. I have just been through a bad week for lots of reasons, some big some little and I didn`t post after Sunday until today. Got weighed and put on 1lb. Glad I went, I thought it would be more till I weighed myself at home this morning. `pleasant surprise believe you me`.

Hope you will be feeling better real soon. xx

Oh Bubble, Bubble, wherefore art thou Bubble? Deny thy food and refuse thy naughty snacks and then get yer bum in here and let us know you're ok hun :D

Hope you're just busy cleaning up dust and having fun with the children. Don't be gone long!! :eek:

Oh Bubble, Bubble, wherefore art thou Bubble? Deny thy food and refuse thy naughty snacks and then get yer bum in here and let us know you're ok hun :D

Hope you're just busy cleaning up dust and having fun with the children. Don't be gone long!!
Well said Linda - yes it's fine to take a short break form Minis when ur busy - we'll give u a pass for that - but pls pop in to say ur ok

Bubbles 2 hope ur doing ok over there - lots of xxxxxxxxfor u to share - don't seem to be able to insert the lovely graphics with the iPad or is it just me?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven' t been around. Hubby out of a job and he's at home more often so I don't get enough me time.

Sis! where are you my girl! I hope your silence is because hubby keeping you occupied and nothing else. Give us a sign u OK. U got all your mini friends worried!

How sweet u guys are! Things over he OK at the moment. Apart from the British air attacks we haven't been affected yet. But unemployment pretty bad, nobody seems to be able to get a job and the govt wants money for this and money for that, I don't know were we're going to go with all this, they better start making more cells cos people just can't pay up.

Foodwise not too good, trying to stay on track but problems won't let u concentrate, as one of u said we'll just have to try and limit the damage.

Hope u all had good weekend. Anyone do anything interesting?

Loads of :grouphugg:to everyone. xxx.

...oh dear, think were going to have to send a search party :peep::( come back Bubs, we all miss ya ! xx

*EDITED - hmm maybe I can cheer her up :p ...

...look what I found bubbles, a bunny made of bubbles :D xx

images12.jpg

Last edited:
Back