The battle of the Bubble

HAHA!

Ive just logged in to fill up my slimming world diary online! What a donut! none of you guys picked up on it either. lets see if you do now:

Brunch
Green smoothie
banana

Tea
Chicken stir fry with 2.5syns curry sauce

Snack
pops crisps 4 syns
fruit salad
muller greek yog 0.5syns
Hot choc 2 syns

And you don't even follow this plan sugar.....
cheese and onion toastie her I come!

MINESTRONE SOUP

This is by far my favourite soup. Packed full of superfree and as it's what I call a 'lumpy soup' (not blended) it's really filling.

119377-hannahs-recipes-minestrone.jpg

SERVES 4
Syn Free (Extra Easy & Green)

INGREDIENTS
3 Carrots
1 Large Onion
2 Celery Sticks
1 Garlic Clove
1 Large Potato
2 tbsp Tomato Purée
Savoy Cabbage
2 Litres Stock (made with 8 veggie oxo and 2 beef - sounds a lot but the box says 1 cube per 190ml)
Small Tin Baked Beans or a Snap Pot
30g Spaghetti
Salt & Pepper to taste (if required)

METHOD

Dice the onion.

Chop the celery, carrots and potato into small chunks.

Crush the garlic.

Add all of the above to a large pan. Stir the tomato purée into the vegetable stock and add to the pan of vegetables.

Stir in the small tin of baked beans.

Slice up some cabbage (as much as you want) and add it to the pan.

Put on a low heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.

Break up the spaghetti into inch long pieces and add to the soup.

Once the spaghetti is cooked it is ready. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Made minestrone soup but the pasta soaked all the juice. Hmmm might have to rethink making this in advance next time.
View attachment 162255

Tastes great tho. X

do my minestrone - tastes amazing and has the right amount of pasta to not soak it up like a sponge.

HAHA!

Ive just logged in to fill up my slimming world diary online! What a donut! none of you guys picked up on it either. lets see if you do now:

Brunch
Green smoothie
banana

Tea
Chicken stir fry with 2.5syns curry sauce

Snack
pops crisps 4 syns
fruit salad
muller greek yog 0.5syns
Hot choc 2 syns

A great day and you get to have a cheese toastie as well - fab!!

But a health warning if you're anything like me and sometimes guesstimate the weight of HEs - watch out:

I decided to weigh everything today and a bread roll I planned on having for lunch weighed 112 grams (instead of the 30g for HEB) no wonder I've been struggling lately!!xx

A good day - but if you're like me and sometimes guesstimate the weight of HEs - watch out:

I decided to weigh everything today and a bread roll I planned on having for lunch weighed 112 grams (instead of the 30g for HEB) no wonder I've been struggling lately!!xx

A wholemeal roll / bread is 60g for a HEX B not 30g. So you can have more than you think, but half of what you've been having. 60g does look a piddly amount. I cut off crusts to get it to 60g!

do my minestrone - tastes amazing and has the right amount of pasta to not soak it up like a sponge.

Thx for sharing - will try that soon!xx

Its your minestrone I did Hannah, I love it and normally its fab but I didn't cook it in advance then let it just sit there its normally gone!

Bubble, are you still doing slimming world? It's just that if you are you can't have fruit in smoothies, it becomes syns if blended, crushed or cooked. That's because of the sugar content of fruit compared to veg. One glass of orange juice will require between 6 and 8 oranges. Imagine how full you'd be after that many oranges. You're still eating the sugar without the filling power. Smoothies with fruit will send you massively over your syns very quickly (see bottom right of picture from membership packs)

20150105_220626.jpg

Isn't it 60g you can have xx

Yes you're right - another gold star - time for bed for me I think - may have been confused with 30g of cheddar!! Perhaps you could be a personal SW advisor to G and me!!xx

Bubble, are you still doing slimming world? It's just that if you are you can't have fruit in smoothies, it becomes syns if blended, crushed or cooked. That's because of the sugar content of fruit compared to veg. One glass of orange juice will require between 6 and 8 oranges. Imagine how full you'd be after that many oranges. You're still eating the sugar without the filling power. Smoothies with fruit will send you massively over your syns very quickly (see bottom right of picture from membership packs)

View attachment 162301

Yep Hannah I know Its one of my "tweaks" that always worked for me. I blitz the veg and eat all the bulk from it and its still very filling. When I do smoothie days I stick to just 10syns instead of 15 to cover it as most of my smoothies are veg with a hint of fruit. Its always been ok but when I get nearer to target that is something ill have to stop.
Thanks for looking out for me, its great to have you posting again. x

mine is normally fine for a few days. Did you measure out the spaghetti? There should only be a small amount in it. Bizarre.

The only thing I did different this time was I used small macaroni tubes instead of spaghetti but only put 30g in still! Very bizarre maybe it gets into the inside of the tube and swell more! That sound odd!

Yep Ill do that at lunch time. I'm not that fussed as it tastes soooooo good! it can be minestrone pasta instead of soup!

Back