The battle of the Bubble

Goodness me Bubble, I don't read your diary for day and all breaks lose. What a busy couple of days you have had what with the food inspection and the doctors. I understand that you must be very worried, but at least it's been identified and treated rather than you all bimbling along oblivious to it. Your hubby is very lucky that he has a chance to do something about it, some have no idea until it's too late. Try and chill this weekend, I think you all deserve it. Xxx

Don't worry. Im tidying up. Biscuit barrel going out of sight. Choccies being divided between the kids boxes (they each have a treat box) the roses tins back in cupboards out of sight. Crisps are hula hoops he dont like and my pops. 1 large pack of doritoes and 3 pringles all have end of march date so will hide away. Ive also hidden the vodka as he can go without for a couple of months. Going to take eldest to guides then do an online shop and stock up on goods. He needs oily fish, is that like mackeral and kippers? Im not really sure as i dont eat fish.
Im taking control. I need to look at the bertolli with butter thats probably not good for him although those cholesterol spreads are so dear!..

Thanx Pip. Hes a stubborn little sh**! Dont know if what I do will be enough. But he needs to realise hes got to help and we all need him to be well.
Explains his whoes and moods recently though!

Hi all. Well today started lazy sat on my bum all morning. Then.... hubby had some blood tests beginning of the week. So doc calls, very urgent. Hes bordering on heart attack! Hes not been well lately suffers from high bp anyway but has been getting half face numbness and headaches. Theres was a point over christmas his whole face dropped and i did think stroke, but anyway... long story short the blood tests were all up the spout. Hes now picked up more meds and a cholestral diet sheet, they want more bloods in a week. Not giving it long to work theyve really put the $#!/$ up me!
Looking at food he eats what i eat so thats fine. We have no salt he doesnt smoke. The only thing is the biscuits, choc and crisps that he can eat without putting weight on. It just proves he may not get fat eating that but he does other damage to the arteries. So bubble feeling sad and a little scared. :(

Gosh that's a shock for u both - the good thing is that u know now so can address things and has medication - hope next set of tests show some improvement xx

Hes really active Becks. Thing is for an old boy - no offence to anyone - but hes a lot older than me, his fitness is great. People dont believe the age gap by looking at us. But guess he has got to realise hes in his later 50s now and he needs to look after his body. Hes never had to worry about weight which is great but think this has proved that its not about the weight or size. He also has a family history of heart and cancer his dad died at 56 and sister at 58. Although his mum is late 80s and lost her marbles it dont look like he takes after her! I cant help being worried now.

It's natural that ur concerned but now that he's on meds and his blood is being tested - the docs will be monitoring his progress carefully and advising him about his diet and lifestyle. Keep posting and ur Minis friends will be here for u - take care xx

Thanx Pip. Hes a stubborn little sh**! Dont know if what I do will be enough. But he needs to realise hes got to help and we all need him to be well. Explains his whoes and moods recently though!

Ha! He's a man - they're all the same! This might have given him the shock it's given you though my love. And if he doesn't want to give up the treats then maybe you need to have a family intervention to make him realise that his actions don't only affect him.

Salmon is good and tuna. Maybe you can support each other by trying these fish together and finding some that you all like as a family? xx

Thanx ladies. I was strong in front of him. Hes now gone to work and ive gone into meltdown. Thinking of eating all the naughties so theres none left from tonight.
How can I cope without him? He always says law of averages he will 'pop off' b4 me but ive never really thought about it.
For goodness sake i must pull myself together its not as if hes had a heart attack! Blimey im such a worry guts. Who'd roll around the floor and playfight with my 3 munchkins? I do a lot for them but Im not the fun one!

You're in shock and that's a natural reaction - but as u say he's not had a heart attack and docs haven't called him into hospital or signed him off work so they can't think he's in imminent danger.

I understand that's all that's very easy for me to say but much more difficult for u to deal with.

Do what u can tonight - try not to eat all ur treats - but who cd blame u? But how will u feel in the morning? Take care and keep posting - as everyone has said - we're all here for u xxx

Don't worry. Im tidying up. Biscuit barrel going out of sight. Choccies being divided between the kids boxes (they each have a treat box) the roses tins back in cupboards out of sight. Crisps are hula hoops he dont like and my pops. 1 large pack of doritoes and 3 pringles all have end of march date so will hide away. Ive also hidden the vodka as he can go without for a couple of months. Going to take eldest to guides then do an online shop and stock up on goods. He needs oily fish, is that like mackeral and kippers? Im not really sure as i dont eat fish.
Im taking control. I need to look at the bertolli with butter thats probably not good for him although those cholesterol spreads are so dear!..

Well done on taking positive action! Your managerial qualities coming out there!

Yes mackerel and kippers are oily fish as are salmon, trout, herrung, sardines, pilchards (tinned & fresh) there are more unusual ones too - which the search engines will provide. Not sure about spread but I'm sure the doc will advise - my hubby uses a low cholestrol spread which is expensive but only he uses it so not so bad and u can get the from Lidl/Aldi xxx

Ha! He's a man - they're all the same! This might have given him the shock it's given you though my love. And if he doesn't want to give up the treats then maybe you need to have a family intervention to make him realise that his actions don't only affect him.

Salmon is good and tuna. Maybe you can support each other by trying these fish together and finding some that you all like as a family? xx

Thanx mate its not that i dont like fish im allergic to eat. He can eat it but no kissy kissy! ;)

Well done on taking positive action! Your managerial qualities coming out there!

Yes mackerel and kippers are oily fish as are salmon, trout, herrung, sardines, pilchards (tinned & fresh) there are more unusual ones too - which the search engines will provide. Not sure about spread but I'm sure the doc will advise - my hubby uses a low cholestrol spread which is expensive but only he uses it so not so bad and u can get the from Lidl/Aldi xxx

I didnt know lidl do those ones might be worth a trip then. Thanks for the oily fish list i will look now. X

Just ate a sandwich thin 5 syns a slice of low low part hexa and 2 slices of chorizo 1 syn. Though it would be better that 2bites of chocolate!

Im a pain allergic to coconut too! Just looking at asda now armed with docs notes!

Just ate a sandwich thin 5 syns a slice of low low part hexa and 2 slices of chorizo 1 syn. Though it would be better that 2bites of chocolate!

Excellent decision for you Bubble :clap: and thanks to your hubby we're all learning a bit more about oily fish (we aren't fish fans here either, apart from tuna and cod) and which spreads etc. Have to say I got some for hubby but he turned his nose up but its worth trying smaller sizes until he finds one he can live with.

Blimey its weigh day tomoz what am i doing?

Taking control and eating sensibly by having a healthy snack instead of choc!xx

Haha it says that the menopause can cause cholesterol too. I kept telling these last 2 weeks that hes going through the change...:D

Hes also got meds for liver im not quite sure whats wrong there, but he does rattle when he walks he takes 3 different bp pills, a stomach acid reducing pill, and now 2 more thats 6 a day! Surely that will fack up his liver!

Boo! Back to marg! the butter ones too high in saturated fat! Mind you it will do me a favour as ive not been having any the last month amyway.

Its good that you're looking at the food this way lovely... you are preparing yourself and him for what has to be a change for life, not just for a few weeks. I hope he does accept that (I know mine would insist he was fine and want to carry on regardless) and not fight YOU over changes, as you're just wanting to do what you can to get him as well as possible, long term. xx

Back