The battle of the Bubble

Well food wise disasterous! As for good days today was beautiful. Sunshining, lots of role play, pretence and fun. We are now able seaman, and fully qualified rope makers. We got locked in the docks which the kids found highly amusing. We then walked along the water went shopping in the outlets (just sch shoes, craft bits and a cadburys shop!) Then Pizza! We want to go back without kids and do the 'call the midwife' tour as thats where it were filmed. Result really as we used tesco clubcard vouchers to get in and now tickets are valid for another year! So much we missed so certainly another trip will be had again. Anyway drawing another line under foos but on a good note walked 8 miles today. :cool:

Good body magic with the walking! Glad u had such a good day out - SW can wait! xx

Oops too much food again no food posting today. But ive been creative... 1424291072101.jpg

Well ive posted on some other diaries a little plan of mine. Im going veggie for a month starting monday. Ive dug out my old detox plans i did a while ago. Ive got hubby wanting to do it for his cholestrol too so have better chance of sticking to it. It may consist of smoothies and soups as ive just ordered the saute and soup maker (I like a gadget! :eek:)
Anyway its basically no dairy, wheat, caffiene or meat. Haha this will be interesting come monday. Cant wait to have nuts and dried fruit and find my love for pulses and falafels again! We've actually got a bet on that i cant stick to a month! He's so wrong to challenge me. I will win!
Anyone out there had dairy alternative to milk? Im not sure if i can give up teas completely i am a teapot! Thinking decaff with almond milk maybe.
Not starting til monday need to eat all my yogs and quark.

I love my soup maker. Did you get the morphy Richards one?
Almond milk is lovely. The blue Diamond brand is low in cals and you can gave something like 500ml on slimming world.

Falafel are so good although when I made my own they were not nice :/

Well ive posted on some other diaries a little plan of mine. Im going veggie for a month starting monday. Ive dug out my old detox plans i did a while ago. Ive got hubby wanting to do it for his cholestrol too so have better chance of sticking to it. It may consist of smoothies and soups as ive just ordered the saute and soup maker (I like a gadget! :eek:)
Anyway its basically no dairy, wheat, caffiene or meat. Haha this will be interesting come monday. Cant wait to have nuts and dried fruit and find my love for pulses and falafels again! We've actually got a bet on that i cant stick to a month! He's so wrong to challenge me. I will win!
Anyone out there had dairy alternative to milk? Im not sure if i can give up teas completely i am a teapot! Thinking decaff with almond milk maybe.
Not starting til monday need to eat all my yogs and quark.

Good luck with that - as u say the bet will spur u on and good for hubby's health! Good luck! xx

Well ive posted on some other diaries a little plan of mine. Im going veggie for a month starting monday. Ive dug out my old detox plans i did a while ago.

Anyone out there had dairy alternative to milk?

Whoohoo, go Bubble! Happy detoxing! Looking forward to seeing (and trying) some new veg recipes. Are you going to have a big meat feast this weekend in preparation?

I haven't tried any non-dairy milk for ages, but I've heard that chocolate Oatly milk is quite good... Not sure you'd want that in your tea tho, har!

Ooh, I'm thinking of buying a soup maker! Let me know how you get on with it?
My husband thinks I'm starving him if he doesn't have meat with his meal! Such a caveman!

Thanks everyone im looking forward to monday. I put on 2.5lb this week. :(
Been looking for granola recipes bearing in mind i want to do wheat and sugar/ sweetener free im not sure which recipe to follow. Any ideas? Im stocked up with nuts seeds dried and fresh fruit and loads of veg.
Had pulled pork today and beef stew tomorrow and thats my meat done. Ive got a good feeling about this.
Gnight all i'll start posting properly on monday. X

Hi misses! Lil gave me a good sugar free granola recipe. I made it and it was lovely. And lasted all week too!
Off the top of my head it was.
Nuts (unsalted cashew/pecan/hazelnutetc)
Coconut flakes
Oil
Coco nibs ( I didn't use these)
Cinnamon
Oats
Any seeds you want

Thanks everyone im looking forward to monday. I put on 2.5lb this week. :(
Been looking for granola recipes bearing in mind i want to do wheat and sugar/ sweetener free im not sure which recipe to follow. Any ideas? Im stocked up with nuts seeds dried and fresh fruit and loads of veg.
Had pulled pork today and beef stew tomorrow and thats my meat done. Ive got a good feeling about this.
Gnight all i'll start posting properly on monday. X

Sorry no ideas on granola - but the one above looks good! Perhaps u cd check search engines to ring the changes! Good to hear u so upbeat! Looking fwd to following ur new adventure! xx

All the best for kick-off tomorrow, Bubble!

Are you looking for your granola to be totally unsweetened, then? When I made it with the kids the other day it was pretty much like Becki's recipe above; we used oats, coconut, bashed up almonds, raisins, dried berry mix (cranberries, cherries, etc), honey and a tbsp or two of vegetable oil, one beaten egg white. Mixed it really well and baked it for about an hour at about gas 4 - but my oven is lame-ass, so you might want to go lower. You could always skip the honey and add an extra egg white to make it stick and clump together more?

This recipe looks very similar - except for the maple syrup of course! Easy Granola Recipe Recipe | Real Simple

Rootin' for you hon, you can do this!!! ;)

Hi peeps quick post while im waiting for kids to come out.
So far so good and goodness knows ive been tried and tested from every angle. So im quite pleased.
Breakie
1424704801465.jpg
Smoothie didnt work in soup maker so...
1424704835495.jpg
Try again
Voila
1424704866559.jpg
Carrot, celery and apple smoothie with porridge made with water and seeds.

Lunch
1424704940997.jpg
This was gorgeous!
1424704972259.jpg
1424704988960.jpg

And granola made with dates nuts seeds oats dried fruit and no oil
1424705041048.jpg

Back