The battle of the Bubble

Welcome to the nut house Shez. Hope you enjoy doing SW.

Deco's are down and we gave the naughty food a good hammering. Not much left in eyes view now! Might actually be able to restart diet tomorrow. Thinking of doing a weekend of 'green days' just to ease me in but also have the comfort of the carbs. I'll see how I get on tomorrow. Still unsure what to do with the smoothies... I got a nutri ninja for xmas and am loooooving it! I'm going to start with tweeks by not counting the syns for it and then if my losses don't come along or slow down i'll have to start being honest. I made a fab one today of spinach, carrot, satsuma, banana, quark and water. I mean except for the banana and satsuma the rest would be free. I know those of you that are sw'ers through and through will tell me off, but I'm just going to see how it goes. ;-/

are you still doing slimming world?

They say smoothies with fruit are syns - because of the amount of sugar you end up consuming when compared to filling power (an apple, orange and banana would fill you up - that in a smoothie wouldn't fill you for very long so you end up over consuming). See how you go but bear that in mind with the smoothies.

Got my first weigh in after xmas tomorrow...

I'm eating the house out of all things bad. Like yourself. Cant face throwing it away and it all looks so good. (Smells tastes and just is so damn good) (doritos, pringles, boxes of M&s chocs, 4 selection boxes) I start Fresh on Monday with a week of SP as much as possible but will be 100% EE.

Hello people, today been a good one after a very tiring night of looking after my sick child. She spent today at home but she is sooooooo going to school tomorrow....

Bacon (fat cut off), beans, scrambled egg, mushrooms and a bowl of pineapple chunks

alpen light bar 3 syns, strawberry 0% activia yoghurt

Minestrone soup (as per hannahs recipe, strongly recommended it was delicious) and a wholemeal roll 67g so HEXB + 1/2 Syn

Fruit salad - melon, mango, raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate, grapes and banana

chicken stir fry using soy sauce to fry with chillis, onions, peppers, cabbage, beanshoots, sweetcorn and mushrooms and sainsburys black bean sauce 71cal for half a pouch 3.5 syns

280ml 1% fat milk for teas (HEXA)
2 pints of sugar free vimto
2 pints of water

options mint sachet 2 syns
2 finger dark chocolate kit kat 5.5

Total 14.5 syns

Have you got the minestrone soup recipe @bubble77

They say smoothies with fruit are syns - because of the amount of sugar you end up consuming when compared to filling power (an apple, orange and banana would fill you up - that in a smoothie wouldn't fill you for very long so you end up over consuming). See how you go but bear that in mind with the smoothies.

Got my first weigh in after xmas tomorrow...

Good luck with weigh in.
Yes I'm doing slimming world have some "womens" health things going on and doc put a referal in for me so going to club again on Monday nights.
I know about the sugar thingy and think its all balls tbh, as it does fill me up I don't eat more than I would if it was a fruit salad infact I eat less. I think it depends on the individual, so can understand the warning they give. As I say if it doesn't work I will rethink. Thanks for looking out for me and I hope you remind me of it when I'm at the "been really good but cant lose weight" bit of my journey! ;-)

Have you got the minestrone soup recipe @bubble77

Hi Pudge I'm impressed you are attempting to read through my rambles! Blimey I must read through sometime and see what I was up to. ;-)
I have the recipe, I won't take credit for it its Hannahs (Miller2) but its lovely.

MINESTRONE SOUP

SERVES 4
Syn Free (Extra Easy & Green)

INGREDIENTS
3 Carrots
1 Large Onion
2 Celery Sticks
1 Garlic Clove
1 Large Potato
2 tbsp Tomato Purée
Savoy Cabbage
2 Litres Stock (made with 8 veggie oxo and 2 beef - sounds a lot but the box says 1 cube per 190ml)
Small Tin Baked Beans or a Snap Pot
30g Spaghetti
Salt & Pepper to taste (if required)

METHOD

Dice the onion.

Chop the celery, carrots and potato into small chunks.

Crush the garlic.

Add all of the above to a large pan. Stir the tomato purée into the vegetable stock and add to the pan of vegetables.

Stir in the small tin of baked beans.

Slice up some cabbage (as much as you want) and add it to the pan.

Put on a low heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.

Break up the spaghetti into inch long pieces and add to the soup.

Once the spaghetti is cooked it is ready. Add salt and pepper to taste.

The smoothie debate is because your breaking down the fibre and vitamins. So not so healthy as eating a piece of fruit. Also you change the sugar composite and eating whole fruit is the fibre that keeps you feeling full for longer. There is a lot of science behind it.

Good luck on making this year your year. :)

Hi all
First day back on track and has gone really well so far. Weigh in at 7.30 so will update later but i'm still expecting a gain from festivities.

Green day

Overnight oats (hexb1) in strudel flavoured mullerlight with cranberries and raspberries
Banana hifi bar (1/2 hexb2)
Tomato mugshot served as pasta on a bed of lettuce peppers and onions and grated cheese (hexa1)
Smoothie - spinach carrot courgette satsuma mango quark and water.
250ml semi (hexa2) for teas and coffee.
Have a 1/2 hexb left so hifi bar in class with my cup of tea. Have had no syns yet so might calculate smoothie syns so im doing plan spot on.
Im not even hungry to be honest. Think 2 weeks of eating everything has filled me up.

Heehee it was a sts! :D
Ive rounded up the smoothie syns and its 5.5!
Can now have a hot choc and a ferrero roche. 5.5 syns
Finished the day a very happy bubble on 11syns. X

Photo_2016-01-05_06-16-55_PM.png
Todays eats...EE day

Fruit salad (apricot, raspberries, blueberries, banana, pineapple)
Orange and choc sprinkles mullerlight.

Watermelon and hifi bar (1/2 hexb)

Jacket potato with mushrooms onions peppers spinach and beans with chilli flakes and 35g grated cheese.

Beef stirfry in chinese sauce (3 syns) and thai crackers (8 syns)

Later is a hifi bar and hot choc (2 syns)
Total syns 13

Day 2 down 5 to go....

Not as easy to post my pics from the phone think this has worked lets see what its like when I hit the post button.

View attachment 179378 Todays eats...EE day

Fruit salad (apricot, raspberries, blueberries, banana, pineapple)
Orange and choc sprinkles mullerlight.

Watermelon and hifi bar (1/2 hexb)

Jacket potato with mushrooms onions peppers spinach and beans with chilli flakes and 35g grated cheese.

Beef stirfry in chinese sauce (3 syns) and thai crackers (8 syns)

Later is a hifi bar and hot choc (2 syns)
Total syns 13

Day 2 down 5 to go....

Not as easy to post my pics from the phone think this has worked lets see what its like when I hit the post button.
that beef stirfry looks amazeballs :)

Its just normal stir fry mixed veg, any meat, mushy peas and mayflower curry sauce. There's syns in the sauce it was 11 but split between 3 adults and 3 kids ive guestimated about 3syns for me.

Its just normal stir fry mixed veg, any meat, mushy peas and mayflower curry sauce. There's syns in the sauce it was 11 but split between 3 adults and 3 kids ive guestimated about 3syns for me.
love love love mayflower sauce - its possibly the closest to a real chinese one!

Photo_2016-01-06_06-10-39_PM.png
Todays eats

Smoothie - spinach carrot quark scan bran and frozen forest fruit (5 syns)

Snack - watermelon, apple, banana, hifi light (1/2 hexb)

Lunch - spicy tomato mugshot

Dinner - chicken chaucer with mix veg and actifry potatoes (2 syns)

Have 1/2 hexb and hexa to use maybe a milky hot choc and another hifi bar later.

Day 3 kerching!

Back