The battle of the Bubble

well done on your sts x

Thanks for your support guys. Having a bad week this week a combination of personal goings on so I wont bore you. So I'm just going to let this week ride. Should be back into full swing again on the weekend. Will be posting again soon.

Hey Bubbleeeeeeeeeeeeee ! :D

How are you lovely ? Missed u lots. How has your week been and how is it going with SW ?

Kay xx

Welcome back Kay.

Didn't weigh in at group yesterday was still feeling rough but weighed in at home and guess what? Yet another STS. That's 6 weeks running. But this week I'm pleased with my result as had to rely on hubby's cooking and the tin of heroes....

Well today I tried a green day

Had overnight oats with fruit and mullerlight (hexb1)

Tricolor pasta with peppers onions mushrooms sweetcorn and broccolli. Philedelphia lightest and grated cheese hexa1 + 2

Hifi bars hexb2

Syns for milk 4

20160119_132455.jpg

Hi Bubble, do you think green/red days are more effective? I'm on EE and it is so slow! I used to do SW years ago and did red/green and I think I lost more lbs in a week than I am now but it is so many years ago, I can't quite remember.

I agree Pootle EE has been mega slow for me. I'm a bit annoyed my consultant won't even accommodate R and G days. She bangs on about the SP days but when I try those I put on weight. I do like EE days don't get me wrong but have been wondering the same as you. I lost 6 stone 9 years ago on the old system and quite quickly but this is really bugging me how slow its moved. I throw in the green days as I crave the carbs and want the extra hextras. Might do an experiment and stay on Red and Green for a month and see if there's any change.

It's tempting to give it a go. trouble for me is that I love pasta and rice and could eat that easily without the meat but, cooking for husband and son also means cooking with meat as my husband doesn't consider it a meal unless it's got meat in it! I also wonder whether eating too many carbs can slow you down?

Last edited:
Yeah but pasta and rice worked in the past! My hubs the same got to have meat. I will just see how it goes. There are times EE is more practical. X

Oh bubble, how I've missed your food pics :D , they always look so yummy ! I too agree, even though I'm not doing SW now, but when I did, I had better losses when I was alternating between red and green days. EE never really worked for me. I think switching plans is a good idea, I think it will rock you out of your plateau hun, fingers crossed :).

Kay xx

20160120_165119.jpg Hiya
I'm really trying to keep chirpy girls ive been colouring and making cards reading just generally doing things to keep me happy.
I do actually feel human today which is a 100% improvement.
Another green day today.
Smoothie made with
Apple mango redberries spinach carrot oats (hexb1) quark and water (5 syns)

4 couldren falafels (8 syns)

Cherries, pommegrannette and banana

Mixed veg rice with actifry potatoes salad and yoghurt

2 hifi light bars (hexb2)
Milk (hexa1)

I came to see what's cooking in the Bubble kitchen :eat: :D . That plate of food looks so very healthy and delicious :). Well done on staying strong hun. Your really doing so well. I think sometimes we all get so consumed with the numbers, we forget to measure how happy we are feeling throughout our journey, which is most important. Looking after number one and making yourself happy is the right way forward :). I know a lot of people on here that have spoken about taking up old hobbies, finding new interests whilst on their journey, just to help them stay occupied and think less about food. I've even cleaned the house over 3 times in a day before lol, my house has never looked so clean since starting my weightloss :D . Hope your having a good start to your day today. Look forward to seeing what other yummy meals are coming out the Bubble kitchen :p .

Kay xx

I lose really well on EE - not as fast as red and green but it still comes off and I much prefer it because it's more like normal eating. SP is way too hard and I end up hungry but I do find it works. Saying that I find EE works better if you just up the speed food to half a plate instead of a third. You did say if you didn't lose weight you'd try a week cutting out the smoothies - try eating the fruit whole instead and see what happens ;)

If you're struggling, you should do a food diary and hand it in to your consultant to get her to look over it. She'll tell you where you're going wrong as SW guarantee weight losses or your money back, but you have to do an honest food diary first. They're the best people to help it get moving again.

I'm glad you're in a happy place at the moment though - that's really great :D I got colouring books for xmas and love them too - it's so relaxing and you can just zone out a bit. x

Hi Hannah thanks for advice, I'm not struggling with the plan when I do it. I just cant be bothered to do it. Ive been in a cant be bothered mood for weeks now. I'm not cutting out smoothies yet as i have been synning them and truly believe they have helped me sts as ive been really off plan otherwise. So im pleased with my STS i wasn't moaning. Sorry if i came across that i was.
I'm not in a good place but trying to get there. Don't want to explain on here at the moment. But the keeping mind occupied mindlessly if that makes sense has helped a lot.

I've actually stuck it out this week on greens and have loved it. The carbs have been really comforting and filling. So not wanted snacks and the 2 hexbs have been welcome.

Normal bubble service in food diary will resume soon.

Hope you are all well.

Back