The beachball is back!!!

First of all, RIP Sarah, the Minimins member who died this morning. I don't like to put this on her thread as I never knew her, but how very sad. Poor, poor girl. She was only ill for a few weeks. My heart goes out to her family xx

Today has been a better day food-wise.

Had more fresh fruit & veg and haven't been hungry. Mowed the grass front & back (next door's too at the front) & did a quick work-out on the Wii Fit.

Hello Mummoth - I've been reading your diary - brilliant btw - and just wanted to say hi from a fellow Cornish woman. I did SW fairly diligently from November to March then went off the rails a bit. But back today! Good to catch up with other people's diaries and it was interesting reading about your unexpected uni place etc. Well done! I think you're quite brave!

2lbs off tonight! Yayyyyyyyy!!!

So now my BMI is showing as obese. Before it was very obese! I've checked out the BMI tables & another two & a bit stone & I will no longer be obese, but classed as plain old overweight :-D

I'm chuffed with the 2lbs, especially after the MacDonalds & SubWay at the weekend. Blush!

Been another good day today. Fruit for brekkie (& half a currant bun one of the naughty teachers at school gave me). Cheese sandwich & banana for lunch & spag bol for dinner. Am going to have an Options hot choc soon. I had loads of jars all with a few teaspoons left so I've poured them all into one. So now my hot choc is Belgian choc/turkish delight/caribbean coconut/mint choc/orange choc all rolled into one. Bizarre but ok.

Apart from family & close friends I've not told anyone I'm dieting. A few days ago one of my friends said her mum had commented on my weight loss. Today, a mum at school said it looked like I've lost loads of weight.

Feels really good that it's been noticed :)

Treat day (well evening anyway) tomorrow. Can't wait! Bottle of wine & some chocs. I've bought a tin of chocs but by the time the family dig in I'll be lucky to get half a dozen! To be honest they've already made a start on it so there's only about half a tin left now. I love my Friday evenings :-D

Can't believe that in two more lbs I'll have lost three stone! And I'm almost half way to my target.

All good :)

Well treat night was yummy. I had WHITE bread AND BUTTER!!!!! And a huge flapjack, crisps, plus around 12 chocolates from the tin I bought. Plus my bottle of wine.

Back on the straight & narrow now. I want to have a barbecue tonight so I'm planning on making my own burgers (vlf mince + onions), one syn sausages, bacon, salad. I'm accidentally on purpose going to forget to buy rolls, so tough. If I buy them, I'll only eat them.

What a good day! Not just dieting-wise, but overall - the weather was lovely, had a nice day with littlun etc. I bought a 15kg bag of rabbit food this morning. As I was struggling back to the car with it it occurred to me - that's 33lbs, or 2 stone 5lbs. And I've lost more weight than that! It was really heavy to manage & goes to show the strain I was putting on my body.

After that littlun tried a new bike in Halfords. She's six in a fortnight & she'd like a new bike. She chose one she likes - £100! Why are they so dear? You can pick up adult bikes at well under £100.

Then we went to the beach for the afternoon with the dog. I packed up a huge salad in a sandwich tub & we took that & some HiFi bars & had a lovely afternoon. There's a tiny cove that you can walk to, with a steep climb down to it & we basically had the beach to ourselves until my 15 year old came with her friends ....... peace as you know it comes to an end when teenagers are present!

Back home to a grillacue (barbecue is broken grrrrr) so grilled sausages, homemade burgers & chicken eaten in the garden, where I made a complete pig of myself.

Another good day today. Fruit for brekkie, mushrooms on toast for lunch (& more fruit) & quiche & salad for dinner.

Bought myself some new cropped jeans tonight. Tried on some 20s & they fit really nice. I did try some 18s but couldn't do them up, so will stick with the 20s for the time being.

Jumped on the scales this morning & shock horror it says I've gained about 3lbs. Got two days to shift that (& more if I want a loss!) Ah well, I've not been 100% sticking with it recently.

Half a lb on last night. Only myself to blame!

I'm in a good frame of mind this week. Might even give the wine a miss on Friday night :-D

Hello diary, been a few days hasn't it?

I had an exam on Friday. The easiest exam I've ever sat, far easier than the mocks. So I've probably failed it lol! With college & the exam behind me I thought sod it, I need to celebrate, so bought a bottle of rum which the old man & I shared. Also had some chocolate & malt loaf.

Even so, just got on the Wii Fit. Now my Wii Fit scales are pretty accurate. I think it's because they're on hard floor & not carpet, but they always weigh me exactly 3lbs lighter at first thing in the morning than the SW scales do in the evening (which would make sense as I do gain that much during the day). Now the Wii Fit is weighing me at 2lbs lighter than it did on Weds morning. Fingers crossed I'll have a decent weight loss this week!

Apart from Friday evening, I've been pretty good. I've been drinking loads of coffee, which I don't usually do. Fitness freak son told me yesterday that coffee speeds your metabolism, so down the hatch!

Excellent day. Went to Crealy with two of the kids. It's an adventure park with slides, rides, animals etc etc. I have walked so far! Climbed up hundreds of steps, haven't stopped.

What was really great is this: a few months ago, according to the Wii Fit I was 19 stone 3lbs. This morning the Wii Fit says I'm exactly 3 stones lighter. Now I know I'm still fat but blimey, what a difference! I had loads of energy to run around with littlun, went on all the rides (I took her to Thorpe Park, Chessington & Legoland last summer & because of my size I made excuses not to go on any of the rides, because I was so worried I wouldn't fit & get asked to get off, or get stuck on one.) Today I went on EVERYTHING! Including the biggest drop slide there. Had such a brilliant day I bought year-long passports for us to go back. This evening I'm knackered, feel like I've done a massive work-out at the gym, or aerobics.

Can't wait to go back there :)

It's really nice to read that you're doing so well and feeling so great! Good luck with your exam results :fingerscrossed: You're living my dream at the moment going back into studying! It will be a while before I'm able to do it but one day I will! Hopefully not too long though as I think my brain is rapidly atrophying and all hope will then be gone, unless it's a Grade 1 type studying which personally I think I would be quite good at :rotflmao:

Seriously though - well done! :)

Thank you so much!!

And the same to you too :)

Re the studying - it's only a year (thankfully lol). The worst part of it is it's over 30 miles away. I hate travelling to work or study!

I know I shouldn't grumble but I'm feeling a little bit down re the slimming. I had an excellent week, was on the Wii Fit almost every day, had two days at Crealy where littlun made sure I didn't stop (she even dragged me through the soft play area, up ladders, down drop slides etc etc) and half way through the week I weighed myself & was really pleased to see I'd lost 2.5lbs. So after my half lb gain last week I was hoping for 3 or 4lbs off. Then towards the end of the week, still being a little star diet & exercise-wise, it all stopped & I stayed the same. At WI I'd lost 2.5lbs. Now I know I sound like a moaner, but I deserved more! Right, moan over, got to dust myself off & all that.

Last night I could not stop eating. Mostly to plan but I did go up to my 15 syns, which I rarely do. Then this morning, * week started. They're all over the place at the moment (my age lol) so I never know when I'm due. And that could be a reason why I didn't lose so much on Weds as I know I retain water just before. And why I was such a hungry hippo last night as I definitely crave sweet carbs just before.

Just feel a bit down ...... need a kick up the arris!

Aww hun, massive hug, you've said everything I was going to point out though... 2.5lbs is blooming brilliant, plus, it's your star week, wait till it's over and you'll see another great loss.

You're sooo close to being half way to the person you want to be hun, you'll do this, you've lost 42lbs which is brilliant!! Go and look at your old baggy clothes and it'll really spur you on, it's a long hard slog but you will get there because you want to.

P.s - remember the dress plan for Christmas xx

Thanks Laura xx I actually felt better just typing it out. It seems to help!

Well today was littlun's birthday. I've been saving syns so I could have a bit of cake & I made a quiche just to nibble on during the party. But the best laid plans and all that ...... my 15 yr old & her friend had said they'd help with the party & I only got a small slice of quiche - they (& 18 yr old who is also doing SW) finished the lot! Well I was hungry, hadn't had anything since brekkie & I laid the food out at 3.30. So you can guess the rest. Anyway I filled up on crap basically, but have skipped tea (not hungry, not surprisingly).

Will have to keep everything crossed for WI on Weds!

ScanBran: I did try ScanBran a while ago but I was in a hurry & they took so long to eat as they were dry & it kind of put me off. However - new discovery - my beloved mushrooms on toast taste just as nice on ScanBran! I got three out, spread two Dairylight Light triangles on them, topped two of them with cooked mushrooms & the third with a teaspoon of strawberry jam. Mmmmm mmmmm gorgeous! Took twice as long to eat as normal toast so it lasted longer and was really filling. Now I've heard good things about ScanBran boosting weight loss, so fingers crossed.

Must remember to buy some more at class tomorrow night.

Took the younger three to Crealy today. I went on the roller coaster. I was a bit worried I'd be too fat for it, but the blokey there (I asked him, much to the shame of my 15 yr old) said he'd had far bigger than me on there! He said as long as the bar could click back at least one notch I'd be fine. Well, it clicked back five notches! So you couldn't keep me off of the thing :-D Three stones ago there's no way I'd have attempted it. Last year at Blackppol Pleasure Beach, Thorpe Park, Chessington & Legoland I made all these excuses not to go on the rides (I was worried I was too fat & would be asked to get off). This year you wouldn't be able to get me off them!

Lots of walking, cold carbonara & scan brans for lunch, very nice. Started raining around 3-ish so we went on the log flume (we were wet anyway, so what the heck lol), then played indoors in one of the fun places with littlun for a bit. She dragged me all over the place, honestly!

Prawn stir fry for tea. I was starving again around 8, so I had a HiFi bar.

hi i've just joined minimins and cant see how i add any slim awards from s/w i had so far ie slimmer of wk, 1/2stone etc. could you plz tell me how i go about adding these to my profile plz x:confused:

Back