The beachball is back!!!

Toast & Bovril for brekkie. Low fat sausage, egg, mushrooms & tomatoes for lunch & a roast for dinner. Altogether around 7-8 syns (1 for the sausage, .5 for the egg, 5 for the yorkshires & 1 for the gravy). Going to have an Options hot choc before bed.

Did 40 mins on the Wii Fit & it said I'd burned 180 cals. Addicted to the skateboarding!

Hungry day today. I'm sure it was because I'd run out of my beloved low fat sausages. I can't function without them at least once a day!

So, for brekkie I had toast with Bovril. Made sure I ate before I went to school. Hardly anything left in the fruit bowl otherwise I'd have taken something from there to eat on the way. Worked in class this morning then for lunch I had a jacket potato, vlf cottage cheese, squirt of vlf mayo (1 syn) & ham, followed by a Muller light.

Picked littlun up from school & took her to the park. Had to pick up the older dd as she had a school trip that finished late. Waiting in the car littlun needs the loo, so I take her into the leisure centre to use theirs ....... and there's a sweet machine. "Please mummy" she says ...... so she chooses something & by this time I'm starving, it's 4.30 & dd was supposed to be back by 4.15 so I gave in & got a Rice Krispie bar, 8 syns.

Dinner was homemade burgers, SW chips & beans, followed by some sugar free jelly (1 syn).

The shopping arrived & I unpacked it & the jaffa cakes were staring at me I swear. Couldn't resist & downed two (4 syns).

So a total of 14 syns, which is a lot for me as I like to save some for Friday night's pig-out.

WI tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a better loss than last week's measly 1/2lb

Oh it's so exciting! What it is, last night I had a disaster. Was changing the sheets & I stepped down off the bed (don't even know why I was standing on the bed) & stepped right into a pot of paint. As it had a plastic lid I went right through it, getting paint all over the place, including my work (school) trousers. I put them in soak, cleaned up the mess best I could & went to WI (1.5lbs off). This morning I got up for school & remembered my painty trousers. I have a spare pair but couldn't find them. Only have the two as I hate buying size 24s. They were getting huge on me but I refuse to buy more til I lose another stone.

Anyway, cut a long story short, I have a wardrobe full of size 18s from years ago & wondered how long it would be before I could fit a pair of them. Tried a pair on & they fit! So I went to work in a pair of SIZE 18 TROUSERS!!!!!!!

Not kidding myself I'm truly an 18 in everything yet though. I have 8 pairs & tonight I tried them all on - three pairs fitted & five didn't. Still, what a rush, getting back into 18s. I know some people must think a size 18 is massive, but to me, who was a size 24-26 last November, it's tiny!

Thanks Louise :) . As I say though, not kidding myself I'm in 18s as I reckon I'm about a tight 20 now, but it does feel good to fit the 18s I can get into!

So diary, to today ........ my no. 2 son passed his driving test (yay!!!!!!), 2nd time lucky, so celebrations all round. also, no. 1 daughter had an academic review today and I was told she's doing really well, is in higher level for all her subjects & expected to get good GCSE passes. Double celebrations! So .... bang goes the diet this evening. It's Cheat Friday anyway (every Friday evening is Cheat Friday for me, it's the only way I can keep on a diet) so I just had Chinese, plus 3 of the mini bakewells my daughter made at school, plus 2 of the chocolates I bought her. I'm basically very, very stuffed. Uncomfortably so. Pre-SW days I could have eaten so much more, it's embarrassing :eek:

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. I'd been waiting for the old man to take some stuff to the dump (he has a Landrover so lots of room) & yesterday I thought I'd do it myself rather than wait another week. I put his car out on the street as he was blocking me in the drive. Drove to the dump & the old man phones - where's his keys? He was supposed to be going out for the day with his friend. I'd only gone & lost them. God knows where, I honestly don't know where I put them. I think I put them on my car roof & drove off with them on there ........ I got home & he was as mad as hell. It's our only set for that car & had house keys on, the lot. I checked again at the dump, none handed in.

Long story short, thankfully a locksmith came out. £115 later we have two new keys plus a key fob (which we need to open the car without the alarm going off!)

I felt so sick I couldn't eat. It's horrible getting older & forgetting stuff :cry:

Later on littlun baked oat cookies with her big brother and I ate four ...........

Old man went out & when he got back later he apologised for making it worse and upsetting me more and made me a cuppa.

Going swimming with littlun today, burn off those cookies!

Yesterday's swimming was great - littlun swam a whole length by herself, no armbands, float or anything, bless her. I got in 8 lengths - it's not easy swimming lengths when you have a littlun with you.

Afterwards Mr Perfect (aka the old man) phoned. He-who-never-makes-a-mistake (or so you would think the way he ranted over his car keys!) only went & put petrol into his diesel Landrover! I wouldn't mind but he's had the car for five years so he knows what makes it go! :-D

Anyway, back to the food & weight.

Yesterday was a hungry day. You know the ones, you just want to eat ..... and eat ..... and eat. It was really hard to stop myself. Today has been much better. This morning I picked up a rather nice gas barbecue from my sister, as she doesn't want it. I have one, but it's old, rusty and doesn't light properly any more. The new one is really posh, it has a ring burner for heating things in a saucepan at one side, as well as the barbecue bit. It was a bit cold this afternoon so I didn't use it today. Had spag bol instead. Lunch was good (2 low fat sausages, egg, mushrooms & toast) & brekkie was fruit. Burned off 100 calories on the Wii Fit. The skateboarding is really addictive. The old man says he fully expects to see me down the skate ramp with the teenagers soon!

4lbs off tonight!!!!!!! What else can I say? I'm really pleased because the past two weeks I've lost a total of 2lbs. So with this week that's an average of 2lbs a week.

I've been doing SW for 10 weeks now and have lost 25lbs, which averages out at 2.5lbs a week. Good stuff :-D

Got on the Wii Fit this morning & was having a look at my stats. Bac k in November I weighed 19st 3lbs. It's amazing to think I'm 2st 9lbs less than that. My 5 year old doesn't weigh much more than that (she's 3 stone 1lb). It will be strange when I've lost more than she weighs. She weighs a ton when she falls asleep in my bed & I have to carry her to hers!

Brilliant loss, well done hun. How many weeks is it now?? Got to be less than 36? x

Arghhhhhh I've been so hungry today! & not for the right foods either :-(

It's * week & I seem to have a really bad one this month. Today is day 3 & still no let-up, but boy have I got an appetite. Took littlun to McDonalds for lunch. Now I was good, I only had a Happy Meal ....... followed it up with a toffee sundae though.

Stew for dinner tonight but did that fill me up? Hmmmm. Yoghurt after so I should have been fine, but even then it was like my body was screaming for food. So I had a couple of mouthfuls of the pasta I'd cooked for littlun's tea (she hates stew), followed by a cheese triangle & 2 squares of chocolate.

TOMORROW I WILL BE GOOD!!!

On a more positive note, we did have a fun day (her & I) and I also managed to catch up on a letter that needed writing, got stuff listed on ebay, sorted some probate stuff for stepdad's estate & some other bits. So achieved a lot outside of the diet.

Being good today. Not so hungry, so that's a good thing.

Forgot to mention - I won Slimmer of the Month again (SOTW too, joint with someone else). That's two months on the trot. You only get a certificate & a sticker, but hey ho it's something else along the journey to store away for when I'm ready to chuck it all (the diet that is).

Paid for my holiday now so something nice to look forward to. Just need to save up some spending money & try to shed another stone!

Keep forgetting my food bits:

Brekkie: Banana & pear

Lunch: low fat sausage & egg sandwich (2.5 syns), tons of mushrooms, pink & white (2 syns)

Dinner is going to be SW quiche with potato wedges & veg.

1.5lbs off and I got my Club 10 award! I'm 1.5lbs off of my 2 stone award.

Andy (DS) is also doing well. 2.5lbs off for him & he's .5 lb off of his 1.5 stone award!

Well last night was treat Friday and boy did I ever make a pig of myself! Had the usual bottle of wine, bar of chocolate. And a bag of Skittles (BIG bag). And a piece of brie. Mmmmm mmmmm. So back on the straight & narrow for the next 6 & a half days.

I was thinking of why I joined SW. Back in November my stepdad died. I knew I'd get together with family for the funeral etc & thought I'd try to lose a bit of weight - bit ashamed as I'd lost 6 stone years ago & put it all back on. Never see my family up country (290 miles away) so they'd see how fat I was etc etc. So I cut back on food & lost a bit (12lbs). Then kind of gave up. Again.

As executor, I arranged that during half term in February I would clear my stepdad's house. Two weeks before that I got tonsillitis. I went to the doc who said it was viral & would get better on its own. It was getting better but a week later I woke up in a lot of pain. Could hardly open my mouth. As it was a Sunday I gave the emergency doc a ring & got an appointment. He diagnosed a quinsy, caused by untreated tonsillitis! If I'd had antibiotics for the tonsillitis I'd not have got the quinsy. A quinsy is basically a big boil behind your tonsils.

The doc said it was dangerous - if it burst & I inhaled it I could die. So he wanted to treat it with very strong antibiotics and said if that didn't help I would need it lanced and possibly need an operation.

I've never had an operation in all my 44 years. I asked if it would be safe at my weight & the doctor kind of fudged the issue. So there I was, weighing over 18 stone. Panicking that this operation that I might need could end up killing me, all because of my stupid bloody over-eating. I cried there in that doctor's office. And made my mind up there and then. No way was I going to let my weight get in the way of living. I have a five year old daughter and imagine if I'd died on the operating table, due to being severely obese?

Anyway, as it was the antibiotics worked. I cleared the house, which took a week as it was so cluttered. Got back home on the following Saturday & that Weds I joined SW. Haven't looked back & 11 weeks later I'm 1.5lbs away from my 2 stone award. How cool is that?

So inspirational hun, a massive well done to you. You know you can do it and you ARE doing it, fab, fab, fab. Just look how much your BMI has dropped too.

As for tonsilitus, you poor thing, I remember having it about 10 years ago and was literally in bed for a whole week, could literally only just swallow water. (could do with a good dose again now!!) xx

Thanks Louise. Lovely words there :) . To be honest the tonsillitis wasn't so bad, but the quinsy. Honestly I've never felt anything like it. It's described as having hot potato mouth & that's just how it feels. You know when you put something baking hot in your mouth & try to speak? My voice was all distorted & I could hardly open my mouth, it was so painful.

Well I have been a hungry hippo today. Brekkie was good - mushrooms on toast (I am addicted to them at the mo). Lunch we were out. 15 yr old wanted Subway so in we went. I did opt for a low fat one - chicken Teriyaki (prob spelt that wrong!) and OMG it was to die for! Had it with sweet chili sauce. They said that was one of the low fat subs, but did I want it as a meal, with a drink & cookie ......... I'm such a pushover. Of course I said yes.

So dinner tonight was a healthy spag bol made with turkey mince ...... but then I kept on going back for seconds ..... then thirds. Then this evening the kids' friends came around, supposedly to help with decorating the front room (bless 'em) but you know what teenagers are like. They did about half the ceiling, got paint EVERYWHERE & then they were hungry. So muggins went out to the kebab shop & bought a load of chips. Stuck them in a bowl & after helping myself to the third handful I thought enough's enough & have taken my big ar$e to bed.

Not done myself any favours today! Mind you I did do half an hour on the Wii Fit & some decorating.

Well, today's going to have to be another calorie counted one. Got up late & had mushrooms & Laughing Cow cheese triangles on toast (the current addiction!) & without even thinking I ate a Jaffa cake. Very nice but totally unnecessary. Then I took littlun swimming. We went to a fun pool, with loads of slides. Now a few months ago, although I'd take her swimming, I'd hurry to the pool & never get out til it was time to go. Today though, I was up & down the slides like an idiot. And she loved it! Trouble is we had so much fun it was 3 o'clock time we got out. We were starving ............ cue McDonalds .......... I only had a cheeseburger Happy Meal & Fruit Shoot but then had an Oreo McFlurry. According to McDonalds website that was a total of 925 calories! :eek:

So for tea tonight I just had more mushrooms on toast & a WW yoghurt, followed later on by an Options Hot choc.

I do find calorie counting easier, but I get hungrier. Plus I don't eat as healthily, like today I just had two portions of mushrooms, whereas on SW I have quite a bit of fruit & veg. And I really need the kick up the bum provided by paying a complete stranger a fiver a week to weigh me! :8855:

PS. Although I went swimming, I didn't reallty swim. More like bobbing around & going down the slides. Still there must have been at least 50 steps up to them. And I must have climbed that at least 10 times at the pool today! So wow, I climbed 500 stairs! I would not have been able to do that a few months ago. Also I did 40 minutes on the Wii Fit tonight.

Back