The begining

So i guess this is where it begins..... for the 100th time. I don't want to self sabotage again. I haven't decided if i should calorie could or follow SW. Quite frankly ive no idea what im doing. I've been reducing my calories by half .... still more than the recommended but its a start. Didn't weigh any less this morning after a week of trying that. I know had it been SW id of lost.

I guess im going to post everything here, make myself accountable and decide what will work best for my future. 🙂

Good for you. The loss will come along as you stick to your decision. Hopefully we will get help each other along the journey

So i guess this is where it begins..... for the 100th time. I don't want to self sabotage again. I haven't decided if i should calorie could or follow SW. Quite frankly ive no idea what im doing. I've been reducing my calories by half .... still more than the recommended but its a start. Didn't weigh any less this morning after a week of trying that. I know had it been SW id of lost.

I guess im going to post everything here, make myself accountable and decide what will work best for my future. 🙂

Welcome to Minis! All here to help and support you whatever plan you choose.
I started Jan 4 but was too scared to face the scale until the 10th after hiding my scales since September when my last local lockdown started!

Bean an Tí (admin, sw)

So ive kicked it off this morning by making honey chilli chicken 5 portions and 216 cals per portion. I guess if I was doing SW the only thing I would syn would be honey , which 2tbsp was used in total. Not sure on syns

Bought a new cook book which can be SW adapted which I've decided to start using to get me in the way of cooking again. Anything to distract me from working from home 🤣

Also raided my wardrobe of 10+ years and found clothes ranging from size 8-12 none of which currently fit. 🤣 seperated into sizes again sorted a huge bag to donate and now wardrobe only has 14/16 which do fit .

Welcome to Minis! All here to help and support you whatever plan you choose.
I started Jan 4 but was too scared to face the scale until the 10th after hiding my scales since September when my last local lockdown started!

Bean an Tí (admin, sw)
Hey Bean An Tí, sorry for late reply. Struggling to find my way here lol
Good on you for starting again, I'm glad everyone seemed to indulge at xmas and are over it and starting a fresh. We all deserved an xmas binge no doubt. Wish you good luck too

Today I made another new meal and definitely ate less than usual, still haven't decided if I should calorie count or SW. The issue is I could live off cheese and bread 🤣

Did something positive today by giving away 23 bags of crisps on an local charity app. Means I wont be eating them at least.

I sorted out my fridge this evening so my food is more visually appealing. Sounds ridiculous I know put its amazing what plastic storage boxes can do to the mind.

Im also tempted to weigh myself after last week loosing nothing which did frustrate me but I know if I do it will be the cycle of self sabotage again so lets hold off on that one.

Today I made caramelised Vietnamese pork. It was lovely and with rice only 193cals per portion.
Had a look at sw online option and can get £20 off but again im concerned I'd be consuming too many calories overall. If im calorie counting I've some sort of control. After yesterday's blip anyway being called into work before dinner. I am enjoying getting back into cooking but I've realised i should invest in a dishwasher.

Stayed in pjs all day and worked from home, felt so sluggish. Definitely think it makes a difference getting up and getting dressed. I always shower in the evening to relax me before bed.
How's everyone else getting on?

Last edited:
  • cook the rice or noodles to however you like it – the main bit doesn’t take long so you can probably cook both at the same time
  • meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat
  • add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili to the pan and cook for 2 minutes
  • add the mince and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until it’s cooked through
  • add the maple syrup and the fish sauce and stir it in only once
  • leave it to cook, untouched, for about 2 minutes – this helps it to caramelise
  • stir, then cook again for another thirty seconds – and then do two more times
  • remove form the pan and serve over the rice or noodles
  • sprinkle over the spring onions and eat

Today I made caramelised Vietnamese pork. It was lovely and with rice only 193cals per portion.
Had a look at sw online option and can get £20 off but again im concerned I'd be consuming too many calories overall. If im calorie counting I've some sort of control. After yesterday's blip anyway being called into work before dinner. I qm enjoying getting back into cooking but I've realised i should invest in a dishwasher.

Stayed in pjs all day and worked from home, felt so sluggish. Definitely think it makes a difference getting up and getting dressed. I always shower in the evening to relax me before bed.
How's everyone else getting on?
Glad to hear your back on track. Yes cooking can be enjoyable but the wash up is painful 😂😂😂
Maybe you should try and get out of the pjs tomorrow if it doesn't suit you staying in them I mean. Find a comfortable medium between work clothes and pjs, might help.
Stick with your calorie counting for see if the results add up for you, that's what I would do. Sw works for me because I love my veg and fruit. Maybe save the money you would normally spend on work lunches, snacks and coffee and you can buy yourself a dishwasher 😂😂😂

• cook the rice or noodles to however you like it – the main bit doesn’t take long so you can probably cook both at the same time
  • meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat
  • add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili to the pan and cook for 2 minutes
  • add the mince and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until it’s cooked through
  • add the maple syrup and the fish sauce and stir it in only once
  • leave it to cook, untouched, for about 2 minutes – this helps it to caramelise
  • stir, then cook again for another thirty seconds – and then do two more times
  • remove form the pan and serve over the rice or noodles
  • sprinkle over the spring onions and eat
That does sound good 😋

Suppose everyone is cooking more now being at home , therefor eating more 🙄😰
Yea ile defo make an effort tomorrow and get dressed haha see what life's come too
Im gonna try your idea of batch cooking some quick and easy things over the weekend i can freeze for times when im caught off guard like last night.

Suppose everyone is cooking more now being at home , therefor eating more 🙄😰
Yea ile defo make an effort tomorrow and get dressed haha see what life's come too
Im gonna try your idea of batch cooking some quick and easy things over the weekend i can freeze for times when im caught off guard like last night.
Ya everyone is cooking more well except me. I have a fear of tablecloths 🤣🤣🤣 well not really but that's what I call it. I don't like eating out, I don't know why but I'm totally out of my comfort zone in a restaurant, so I don't go 🤣🤣🤣

The freezer drawer is handy at times, especially in tricky situations where your caught off guard. I froze some of the veggie soup I made the other day, just incase

Made choirzo and broccoli gnocchi today for the first time , very unusual texture and very rich. It was nice and served 5 portions but calories were very high at over 430 per small portion and for me i wouldn't make it again as it's just too rich. Also first time tasting mustard 🤮
Cleared some more stuff out today and got people lined up tomorrow to collect from olio
Can't sleep hence being on at this silly hour. Ended up watching the whole series of bridgerton.

Id like to get out a walk tomorrow, fresh air always helps put you in a good mood. Happy weekend 🤩

Sticky beef noodles today made a new recipe and had that for both lunch and dinner
Listed over 40 items on olio and 32 of those were collected before 7pm so thats a huge relief

Firs offical weigh day tomo. Feeling more hopeful than last week. Have been increasing my water intake. Will have an early night tonight 😴 working from home is blehhhh can't we have another day for a long weekend

Back