The best ME I can be......

vegemite

Well, I've bitten the bullet and joined Slimming World Online tonight. I was going to try and do it on my own but I think some kind of support would be helpful.

So a little about me...I'm 37, married with 4 teenage children. I've just started a degree after being a SAHM for the last 16 years. It's taking some getting used to!

I've been doing Slimming World on and off for the past 13 years. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not but I've decided that this is my time. It's my time to work on being the best me I can be and a big part of that is managing my weight.

So, here it goes...it starts tomorrow morning...:)

Thank you for the welcomes..I shall be taking a look around the forum over the coming days and weeks, especially for meal inspiration!

I was at Uni today but had to leave early to pick up one of my children from school who was poorly...I thought for sure coming home would make me scour the cupboards, but instead I have managed to eat the lunch I had pre-prepared and drink tea. :D

Today is a green day

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (HEB), semi milk (HEA) and a banana

Lunch:
Ham (HEB), cous cous, cucumber, tomato, celery, sweetcorn and a drizzle of light choices french dressing

Tea:
Veggie pasta bake (onions, peppers, courgette, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, herbs, garlic, worcestershire sauce, pasta) with cheese on the top (approx 4 sins)

Snacks:
apple, strawberries

Looks good so far and hopefully it will stay that way. I'm not sure what to use my sins on because I'm not drinking alcohol at the moment and I'm trying to steer clear of crisps and chocolate until I can be controlled...I may take a look around the forum and see what other people spend theirs on...

Tonight's Update...

I ended up swapping around my second HEA and used it for cheese instead. So I think my sins are about 8.
I was really hungry after my pasta bake so I had seconds..yum..yum..I'm nice and full now.

I also did 10 minutes on the cross trainer..not exactly Olympic standard yet but I thought it was good to start rather than put it off till tomorrow.
My plan is to some time on it everyday. Eventually I want to get to 30 minutes and then hopefully do other forms of exercise too.

I was reading somewhere on the forum what others use their sins for and some use them for their normal meals so I think I'm going to do that. At least until I start drinking again ;)

Unfortunately last night didn't finish as well as it could have...I discovered some bombay mix, some disco's and some pretzels..

I'm terrible on my own. DH is currently away and once the kids go to bed..I just can't be trusted to have anything like that in my house :cry:

So, I'm going to wrap up the leftover pretzels and put then on top of the cupboards with the leftover crisps. Hopefully out of site will be out of mind. Then I will only get them out when everyone is around.
Eating secretly, on my own is just sad and smacks of a bit of a food issue....I'm also going to have to think about why I do that so I can head the temptation off at the pass. :confused:

It's good to get them out of sight but don't beat yourself up about it too much! Why don't you use your syn allowance on a weekly basis? Even at 10 a day you've 70 'in the bank' when you start each week. You seem to have used 8 and here are the syns for the crisps you dipped into - only you know truthfully how much you ate so work it out and take it off the 62 syns you have left for the week......then at least you know what you have left to work with :D

Bombay mix - 6.5 syns per 100g
pretzels - 5.5 syns per 28g
discos -can't find them but say around 6 for a bag...

Thanks Lesley..

I have no idea how much Of the bombay mix or pretzels I ate. I managed to stuff in 2 packets of crips..

I'm going to draw a line under it. The rest of yesterday was good so I just need to work on why I feel the need to eat junk secretly on my own :confused:

I think I'm better off staying well away from that sort of food rather than incorporating it in my diet. I'll just see it as a very rare treat and satisfy myself on wholesome filling food.

It's great that some people manage it in moderation but I just don't think I'm one of those people..:sigh:

Yep - you know best how to manage yourself! :p I still think the syn countdown works though.......if you've used a lot at the beginning of the week it actually keeps you focused on what you have left! Of course that's as long as you don't feel you've missed out and try use everything you've got left in the day before weigh-in!! :eek:

I think it's a great way of doing it. I just think that my 'binges' are something else I need to work on. I'm not saying I'm going to happily binge and not count it, just that I need to work out why I do it...
DH is back tonight so chances are it won't happen again...it'll just be syn countdowns for the alcohol he'll probably ply me with :)

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and blocked/runny nose. Felt really rough and had pretty much signed the day off as a 'stay in bed, don't do much, don't worry about your food' kinda day.

After getting up and getting kids out the door I decided that wasn't the way to go....:)

So, I've done 30 mins on the cross trainer and I'm showered and dressed and just put away my Tesco delivery.

I think I'm having a Green day today, though it does look a little like an EE.

Breakfast: banana, strawberries, apple

Lunch: prawns or scallops (can't decide yet), cous cous, onions, celery, courgette, cucumber, tomatoes

Tea: ranchero pie (pork mince, onion, sweetcorn, mushroom, peppers, chilli powder, beans, potato, cheese), broccoli, carrots

HEA: 250ml semi milk & 28g cheese

HEB: prawns or scallops & pork mince

I think I like red and green days cause you get an extra HEA. Though I guess on EE days I could just syn it..

I've also got loads of fruit in and I'm drinking lots of water.

I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I've lost 2lbs. I find that very encouraging and so hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow.
DH is now home and there is barely anything to binge on in the house so that should help too.

It's an EE day today.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEB) semi milk (HEA) and a banana
Lunch: bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, pasta & cheese (28g- 6 syns)
Tea: minced beef, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, jacket potato. There'll be syns for gravy powder in there but I'm not sure yet how much.

Ohh we're the same height and weight :D When you hoping to lose it by? Can I be cheeky and ask what your bust/waist/hip measurements are? Just to compare! Good luck xxxx

Hi....I'm giving myself a year. I'm working on an average loss of 2lbs a week, well that's what I'm hoping for so I should be able to do it..

What about you?

I haven't actually measured myself.....I'm just hoping to be able to get into a size 12/14 :)

At the moment I'm a 20

I'm hoping to be less than a year tbh. I want to be almost at my target weight by May/June. I'm about a size 20, well, the clothes I buy now are a size 20 (that was the turning point for me, going from an 18 to 20 and seeing 17 stone on the scales), but according to my measurements i'm bigger, it's normally over my bust that clothes are too small though. I'm 48-42-48.
When I was thin before I was an hourglass figure too, so i'm hoping to keep that. I love my boobs and i'm really scared that they're going to end up like a C :( Like, really scared. they're the only bit of myself i like. If I lose that i'll be nowhere..

Keep us updated on your progress :D xxx

I would love to lose my weight by then, but I'm not sure if it's possible and I don't want to dishearten myself.
12 months was a time period I could just about deal with!

Like you I don't want to lose my boobs...I have a feeling they are going to be like empty sacks if I'm not careful....keep me posted on how your doing..maybe we can support each other

If you put 100% into it, at our weight, we should be able to lose a stone a month for the first 2 months anyway. It will slow down after that no doubt, but I think we should be able to lose it in less than a year.
Last time I ate healthily I lost half a stone in 10 days!! I didn't even starve myself. It was awesome, I'm hoping for a repeat of that this time around.

Also, last time I lost just over a stone and my boobs didn't get any smaller, then I put it back on again and they got bigger!! haha. So I don't mind if they go down a bit, they're a bit of a pain to buy clothes around. I just don't want to end up flat chested.

xxxx

Hi..... I love your name Vegemite. I'm a marmite girl myself!

How did today go?

Can I ask how are you finding Body Optimise? I'm thinking of rejoining but..... I wasn't too impressed with the (lack of) support there but maybe using the SW online and this forum would be the ideal? Just wondered what your thoughts on this was?

How are you finding EE? I can get my head arround green and original (just) but EE is a step too far!

Nosey Nora aka Judith

Hi Judith..
Thanks for popping in...
I'm not sure about BodyOptimise yet, but it was a way to get the books and use the syns online and their extensive recipe archive!
I'm not sure how much support is involved but I think I'm going to rely on this site for most of mine.

Perhaps if you already have the books you could start again on your own and come here online regularly?

Back