The best way forward...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by toller-girl, 3 February 2011 Social URL.

1. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    I'm going to my consultant tomorrow, but I'm trying to think what the best way forward for me is.

I don't want to get to goal through Cambridge alone, I'm also planning to introduce some pretty strenuous exercise from next month. I'm joining a boot camp 3 mornings a week, which is going to kill me! I don't think it's possible to do that on 500 calories a day, it's certainly harder to build muscle when on a VLCD and that's an issue for me. I want to be toned and fit, not just thin.

I don't have a huge amount to lose. About a stone will get me to below where I usually am, which would get me out of the emergency zone I currently feel like I'm in.

After that, I'm reluctant to spend a lot of time on the higher plans because of the cost. I'm tempted to SS for 2 weeks, SS+ for 1, 810 for one and then moving onto just a calorie controlled diet along with exercise. If that doesn't work for me, I can always go back onto Sole Source.

I'd be keen for other opinions :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    Hi TG-

I think your plan sounds very sensible. I would ask my CDC for advice, esp. since you are planning such an intense exercsise programme. I think you'd need higher calories to encourage your body to continue the higher post-exercsie metabolic rate.

Be sure to drink not only the recommended water, but extra as you will be working out so much.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.