The 'BIG' 4 stone Challenge....Anyone can join :)

Yay, well done on the losses :)

I should have gone to the gym this morning but I was too tired. Not a morning person at all hehe. Got my stuff with me so I can go once i've finished work though :)

BTW, here's some info on the hypnotherapy and how it works Nee xx My friend has just lost tonnes of weight by being hypnotised and is still loosing! She's looking fab, not snacking and eating fruit and veg for the first time in her life!

Psychotherapy and Counselling:
Psychotherapy involves treatment of problems by a wide range of techniques such as counselling, cognitive and behavioural therapy and neurolinguistic programming(NLP). Because counselling is part of psychotherapy then they both involve listening and then discussing possible ways of dealing with whatever the problem is. It is encouraged that the client comes up with his/her own ideas and the therapist is there to help this happen.

Some techniques such as NLP, mentioned above, are more directive and follow certain procedures which are taught to the client in order to come to solutions. But these solutions are still expected to come from the client’s mind.

THERAPY:
Therapy is beneficial to people in all walks of life. It is not only appropriate for problems, crises, pain and habit control, relieving stress and anxiety, it can also be a very important aid towards self-growth and in releasing one’s hidden potential. Therapy is about control of symptoms, rather than cure. Complete control is like cure, but a person has to be careful that a problem does not return. Therapy therefore is about increasing confidence, strengthening the mind and releasing some of the enormous reserves of energy existing in the subconscious mind. Once therapy is completed with the therapist, a person should have been taught to be his or her own therapist. Only in this way can the effect be truly permanent.

EDUCATIONAL COUNSELLING:
Educational counselling covers academic problems of study techniques and concentration. Help is given with time-tables of study, methods of memorisation, organising what needs to be learned, exam taking and confidence building. Hypnosis is a very good technique to reinforce concentration and confidence and to improve memory. Self-hypnosis can perform the same function. Indeed, research shows that it can be very useful in learning foreign languages. Educational counselling can cater for those with educational problems at all levels of study from secondary school through higher education.
HYPNOTHERAPY:
Hypnotherapy is the psychotherapeutic technique in which suggestion and an altered state of consciousness are combined to produce change in behaviour.

Questions which are asked about hypnosis:
Q. What is hypnosis?
A. Hypnosis at it’s best is a state of deep relaxation and mental calmness. It is a state of ‘altered awareness’, even heightened awareness, a sort of guided day-dreaming. You are aware of everything which is taking place, but able to concentrate effectively and intensely without fear and anxiety

Q. How will I be hypnotised?
A. There are many ways of inducing hypnosis but nowadays the most common one is to use the verbal method. This involves sitting comfortably in a chair or lying down on a couch. The therapist then gives suggestions of progressive relaxation in a soothing voice.

Q. Will I lose consciousness during hypnosis?
A. Under hypnosis people are not unconscious, but in a state of relaxed attention. Because of this awareness, lightly hypnotised people may not think that they have been hypnotised at all. People who fall asleep during hypnosis may think that they have gone ‘deep’, but sleep is not the same as hypnosis. Using the word sleep is therefore misleading.

Q. Could I be hypnotised to do anything against my will?
A. Most research shows that any form of hypnosis is self hypnosis, so what happens under hypnosis is under your control. You have total freedom to accept or reject suggestions, but the client and therapist form a partnership in which any given suggestions are first agreed. As you are in charge of the hypnotic session you can leave the hypnotic state at any time, just as easily as you entered it.

Q. Are there any dangers?
A No... as long as the hypnosis and therapy are carried out by a properly qualified, properly trained and competent therapist.

CD’s:
Cassette tapes can be provided which are a live recording of the session that is done with you. They are free as they take no extra time to prepare. CD’s are £20 as they have to be prepared outside of the session itself.
By listening at home it is possible to practice going deeper into hypnosis and to reinforce suggestions in the subconscious mind that were given in the session.

That sounds so interesting, I hope it works for you, I looked at one locally and it was £60 or something for a session, which I couldnt afford but good luck with it :)

xx

I am gutted! I sts this week :( I weigh in on sundays and did so yesterday and haven't lost a single lb :( Gggrrrr,I was so good all week coz I was hoping for a 6lb loss as that would have been 3stone loss in 8 weeks but it just didn't happen. It is totm though so maybe that's why.
oh well I am just gonna carry on working hard and keep my fingers crossed for a good loss next week :)

Well done to all of you that have had losses so far,keep up the good work!

Claire x

I am gutted! I sts this week :( I weigh in on sundays and did so yesterday and haven't lost a single lb :( Gggrrrr,I was so good all week coz I was hoping for a 6lb loss as that would have been 3stone loss in 8 weeks but it just didn't happen. It is totm though so maybe that's why.
oh well I am just gonna carry on working hard and keep my fingers crossed for a good loss next week :)

Well done to all of you that have had losses so far,keep up the good work!

Claire x

Hey Claire,

I wouldnt worry 3stone in 8 weeks is amazing!! how did you do it?

xx

I've only managed to lose 2st 8lbs in 8weeks,didn't get to 3 stone.
I've been on xenical,just that and exercising lots!

Well done on your 8lb loss Nee,that is a fantastic loss :)

Claire x

I'd like to join in if I can please! I have 10 and a bit stone to lose :eek: and would like to have 4 stone off by 6 October when we go on our second holiday for the year. I've lost 10.5 pound so far in the first 2 weeks back on the SW wagon and whilst that is great, I know it will get very hard after the next few days and I will be down to 1/1.5 pounds a week. The holiday is 30 weeks away which makes 1.5 pounds a week the perfect calculation to reach 4 stone by early October.

I just must remember that every small step counts.

I'd like to join in if I can please! I have 10 and a bit stone to lose :eek: and would like to have 4 stone off by 6 October when we go on our second holiday for the year. I've lost 10.5 pound so far in the first 2 weeks back on the SW wagon and whilst that is great, I know it will get very hard after the next few days and I will be down to 1/1.5 pounds a week. The holiday is 30 weeks away which makes 1.5 pounds a week the perfect calculation to reach 4 stone by early October.

I just must remember that every small step counts.

Excellent, yes please join in :)

Just post when your weighing etc and we all post when we want :)

Good luck xx

Nee 8llbs in week one is such a fab result!! well done you

OK The first 'BIG' weigh in for me was today I have weighed and I have lost 8lbs!!!! Im shocked :eek: but so very happy!! Means I have hit my March goal in the first week Woo hoo :party0011:

Make sure you all let me know how you have done this week??

The gym closest to me is only £10 a month but I think everyone I know goes there due to it being cheap so of course I wont as tooo paranoid

I went to the gym after work tonight and saw at least 2 people that I knew from school. Paniced at first but then got on with what I was doing coz they didn't care as they were there just to work out basically. It's not that bad really, I was paranoid in case I saw people I knew. Love the gym now lol :p Stops me from feeling stressed after a long day at work hehe.

Wasn't even going to go to the gym today but I felt bad because I hadn't been yesterday. Might have a break tomorrow and go dog walking or on my stepper when I get home. Depends how I feel lol

My weigh in result

well guys and gals I weighed in with a 3llb lost quite good result and yet I wanted more what is that about?!! :rolleyes: I guess the bottle and half of wine on sat night may have had something to do with it:p

I have been doing sw for over a year and became stalled and also got very much in a rut. But enough is enough despite having health problems of PCOS, thyroid removed, pre diabetic the weight has got to come off. Does anyone know anything about syndrome x which has a link to weight gain especially around the tummy?

Anyways now firmly back on track (apart from the odd, hmm insert daily, lapse with anything chocolate ) and working on having 1000 t0 1200 calories a day. I just had enough of planning food and have gone on two shakes a day (tesco meal replacements) and a main meal in the evening with fruit after. Lots of water when I remember. So far shifted 7llbs in two weeks.

I have had a couple of the simply feel fuller for longer range from M&S which are really tasty and definately dont make you feel like you are missing out. Handy for the sat nite meal when the rest of the family are tucking into some thing from the take away. On the M&S site they have some useful stuff including a couple of meal plans. Bound to be expensive but could be useful for all you working gals who need something handy in the middle of the day. Also there is a list of snacks and their calories. And lots of other goodies too.

good luck everyone - one day at a time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
good on you for getting to the Gym, I used to really enjoy it, its just the cost and the one nearest has so many people I know, not sure I could hack it whilst I have a very RED face :)

I'm shocked I don't see more people I know there. If loads of people I knew were there I would probably hate going. I'd be paranoid they would be talking about me. Meh, at least im doing something about my weight now lol

Hmmm i've decided to not actually count the calories i'm having. I generally know much I should have now. Hope my next weigh in is a good one. Calorie counting got annoying lol kept thinking about food constantly.

i did 3lbs this week!! (not as good as yours nee but still none the less good for me)
so i am 1lbs up on the weekly average!!! (happy about that as if a week or two of only losing a lb means i dont drop my average too much!!)

well done to all those who are doing so well!!!!

i did 3lbs this week!! (not as good as yours nee but still none the less good for me)
so i am 1lbs up on the weekly average!!! (happy about that as if a week or two of only losing a lb means i dont drop my average too much!!)

well done to all those who are doing so well!!!!

Well done on the 3lbs :) any loss is good so 3lbs is fab :)

xxx

Morning all,

Cooked Pasta last night with veg, cheese spread and bbq chicken was lush, and had a good portion too as hadnt eaten much during the day and made enough to put in a pot for lunch today yum yum!!

College today then have Fri-Mon off so planning a few walks to help get rid of those 2lbs for the week. Worrying that cos I had such a good week last week that this week i'll STS but fingers are very much crossed along with toes, legs, elbows :rolleyes:

Hows everyone doing?

today is a good day!!

i (as i do every morning) got on the scales, and i am almost back to what i was on monday morning.. (i went out for MIL birthday and managed to put a heck of weight on...) sooooo starting tomorrow i should be able to work on my 2lbs... but if i have only a 1lb loss i wont be too worried....

Just post when your weighing etc and we all post when we want :)

Good luck xx

thankyou.

I weigh in on Mondays, so will hopefully be reporting lots of positive things!

I only live across the border from you in Poole :wavey:

thankyou.

I weigh in on Mondays, so will hopefully be reporting lots of positive things!

I only live across the border from you in Poole :wavey:

My weigh in is mondays too, also hoping for some positive news so keeping everything crossed!!

Poole..... hello Neighbour :)

I go to college in Poole!

Back