The big E

laurenmay

Gold Member
I used to be really into the gym, and wouldn't go a day without going! But since I've gained a lot of weight I've found the sheer thought of working out exhausts me!..

Mainly because I've gotten so overweight that it just hurts to do much I think, it kills my joints and I'm exhausted before I've done all that much!

Have many of you lost a lot of weight without doing any exercise & simply counting your calories?

I'm not sedentary by any means, I work full time and my job involves long periods of standing and moving about, & I have a 13 month old little boy to chase after! So I'd consider myself lightly active considering I'm slowly easing myself back into exercise at the gym at least twice a week...

I'm just worried that because I'm not doing high levels of exercise regularly that I won't lose weight? :-(

I barely do any exercise at all. I work long hours and have 2 kids. That's enough hard work for me :)

I have a kinect which I never use

So I guess all my losses have been without what you may class as proper exercise

I've just bought a vibro plate and it's an effort to go on that!

TriciaM said:
I barely do any exercise at all. I work long hours and have 2 kids. That's enough hard work for me :)

I have a kinect which I never use

So I guess all my losses have been without what you may class as proper exercise

I've just bought a vibro plate and it's an effort to go on that!

What losses have you had, if you don't mind me asking?

I work Monday to Friday, and after work I'm so tired in the evenings plus have my son to look after so don't feel up to the gym at all.. maybe I'll try and do my 30 day shred DVD now and again on weekdays, it's only 20 minutes and I could squeeze it in now & again after work..

I'm gonna try getting to the gym every Saturday & Sunday morning, but know I won't be able to do all that much with how overweight I am at the moment!

I lost my first 2st 7lbs with just some walking but then I decided to bite the bullet & joined a local zumba class which I have found I love & then last month I joined the gym & although I wouldn't describe it as loving it I enjoy it & am pleased with myself when I have been. I know plenty of people who lose without exercise but for me I needed to move more to keep the losses going.......

Lexie2005 said:
I lost my first 2st 7lbs with just some walking but then I decided to bite the bullet & joined a local zumba class which I have found I love & then last month I joined the gym & although I wouldn't describe it as loving it I enjoy it & am pleased with myself when I have been. I know plenty of people who lose without exercise but for me I needed to move more to keep the losses going.......

I wanna walk more, I heard brisk walking can be one of the best exercises for you! Just a shame that the weather is so awful here at the moment.. I feel the same, I feel guilty if I'm not exercising while dieting, it feels like I'm being half hearted & drains my motivation! Well done on your loss by the way :)

I've lost 2st since march with 5 weeks of CD and then calorie counted for a month or so. Then totally fell off the rails! Haven't gained but stuck at 12st mark. I put a few pound recently so I'm going to try sticking to CC to get to my 10st 7lb target

I started at the beginning of the year by just walking! Made an effort to not get the bus as much, or get off 1 stop before usual.

Other than that, I just did exercise dvds in my lounge; curtains closed of course! Had a few I rotated, main one I used was Hannah Waterman's one. At the start I really struggled to be honest! I kept at it though and improved my stamina/fitness quite a bit :)

Think I only started going to the gym after I lost about 2/3 stones. My sister kept nagging me lol so got myself sorted and booked an induction. I also downloaded the C25K thing and actually realized I enjoyed jogging :p

It DOES get easier bub! I used to be lucky if I could go 20 mins running/walking on the treadmill - now am doing at least 45 mins. Did a whole hour today! Plus theres all sorts of other machines/bits there to go on to mix it up.

Go for it!

Hi Lauren

I've lost around 6 stone doing zero exercise - I have a number of health issues which prevent me from doing any. So it is very possible to lose weight without exercising; I'd be totally scuppered if it wasn't! :)

Back