The 'Big Loss' diary phase 2

HockeyNut

Silver Member
Hi everyone- joined Weight Watchers today. I have lost 6.5stone on Lipotrim but now want to focus on healthy eating and learning to eat sensibly again. Still have 4stone to loose so hopefully WW will help me do this. Look forward to sharing the second phase of my weight loss journey with you.

3 days in and really enjoying the diet so far. Haven't eaten so much fruit for years. I'm doing a lot of meals from the veggie cook book and the meals are lovely. Fingers crossed for a good weight loss this week!

Congrats! You're doing so well- how are you finding WW?

Thank you - so far so good. Thought 26 points seemed a lot at the start of the diet but it's amzing how quickly you can get through them so need to plan to eat more creatively with them. First weigh in on Friday so we shall see then. How are you finding it?

You're right, they soon get taken up by dinners/snacks etc.

I am loving WW at the minute and the scales have been kind. I am stuck a bit on 1lb loss a week but I have been away most weekends for various events which has led to various 'days off' (still within my weeklies though), I seem to do better when I don't touch my weeklies. This makes sense to me but I heard people lose more when they use them all? Strange!

Really chuffed as I have lost 3lbs this week which is what I hoped for. I knew I wouldn't have the big first week loss as I have lost so much already. The leader called it my 'water weight' but if that's the case I think I've lost a small lake in water ha! ha!. The first week has been good. I've used my extra exercise points and some of my weekly allowance but I'm trying to think more carefully about the choices I make. Rather than eating less of what I normally eat I'm starting to think about the points values and trying to make better choices. Bought the calculator this week which I think will be really helpful and joined the monthly programme. So here goes week 2.

That's incredible well done! I lost 3lbs in my first week too and was very pleased, then went on to lose 5lbs the next so who knows, could be more water to lose!

I found that too, it really is about completely looking at food a different way, I would have never considered weighing my food (eg. pasta) before and now it's second nature- I used to have at least double the amount I now weigh out.

Well done with your losses - that's fantastic. I must admit I scare myself when I think how much I ate when I was at my biggest. Now I cannot eat as much and portion sizes are much more reasonable.

HockeyNut said:
Hi everyone- joined Weight Watchers today. I have lost 6.5stone on Lipotrim but now want to focus on healthy eating and learning to eat sensibly again. Still have 4stone to loose so hopefully WW will help me do this. Look forward to sharing the second phase of my weight loss journey with you.

Here to follow :0)

Lost 2lbs this week which I am really pleased with as I have had a bit of a munchy week but managed to keep it within my total allowances. Discovered the WW cereal bars at only 2 pro points and also the sweets which might help with the evening nibbles when I'm sat marking books! Really pleased because I have now achieved my 7stone weight loss! Into week 3 on WW - hope to achieve my first silver 7 next week.

Wow well done on your 7 stone weight loss! Congrats on your 2lb weight loss this week.I like a munch in the evening aswell so always make sure I have some points for then.Enjoy your weekend :0)

Wow well done on your 7 stone weight loss! Congrats on your 2lb weight loss this week.I like a munch in the evening aswell so always make sure I have some points for then.Enjoy your weekend :0)

I think this is the lesson I am learning. I need to make sure that I eat less pro points in the day so I can have some spare for the evenings. It's certainly making me think about the choices I make. Hope you have a good weekend too.

Thanks about my weekend,yes it does really make you think about what you are eating while allowing you to still have treats,think that's why I like WW,change of lifestyle.. Not a diet :0)

Well a bit fed up because I have put 2.5lbs on!!! Tying to think about what I have done wrong as I have stayed within the overall points allowance - used up all my weekly allowance. It's been a manic week so I haven't had chance to exercise and I have eaten lots of fruit - perhaps too much fruit. Any how this week I am going to try not to use my weekly allownace and cut down on the amount of fruit and I should be able to exercise. Hopefully that will have the desired affect. Any other hints or tips would be gratefully received.

Hi there,I think what you are going to do in the week will help you out anyhow,try not to feel disheartened and keep up the good work :0)

Thanks for your post. Will keep on going. I think I've just to get it into my head that something may have no propoints but it doesn't mean it's unlimited!!!

Well this week is going much better. I have increased the exercise, reduced the amount of fruit I eat and I've managed to stay within my daily pro points so hopefully will have a better result this week. Love the Complete Kitchen cook book - some lovely recipies. Just had smoked haddock parcels for tea and it was yummy. Enjoying cooking again.

Hi,am glad to hear you're having a better week and that you are enjoying cooking,I feel the same way about cooking at the moment,love trying out new things.You are sounding like you've gotton on top of everything which Is great :0)

Back