The 'Big Loss' diary phase 2

Discovered C25K (Couch to 5K) today!! Looks like a good training programme for the Race for Life bearing in mind I haven't run for years. So made a start today. Didn't do too badly managed to achieve the 20 mins of jogging for a minute, walking for 90 seconds etc. Next day Saturday. Will try to do this on Tues. Thur and Saturdays and see how we go!

Sounds like you've found something that suits you exercise wise,that's good! Glad you enjoyed the first session,look forward to hearing how you progress with it.

Wow thrilled to bits this week - managed to loose 6lbs!!! All that extra exercise and cutting down on eating the fruit mountain has worked. Achieved my first silver 7 and if I manage to loose 2lbs this week I will have achieved my 5% target. Just need to manage the chocolate trap on Sunday!

Wow! Well done,that's brilliant news,what a massive weight loss,just shows you what changing a few things can do for us,have a fab weekend! :0) and well done on getting your first silver 7!

Thank you so much folks. Managed to avoid too much chocolate today but the wine was a bit of a mistake. Will need to be careful for the rest of the week! How have you managed Easter?

I didnt have a problem with Easter itself as I'm not a fan of Easter eggs so had a cadburys creme egg the other day instead! I struggled over the weekend due to totm and going down a point on the Monday,hormones seemed to be all over the place! Feel a lot better today plus lost 2lb which I wasn't expecting so I'm happy :0)

Well done with the weight loss - that's excellent. Hope the hormones have settled down. I'm at that age where I never know from one month to the next when my TOTM will call!

Yea I woke up fine yesterday,think the weather change at the weekend didn't help either! Feeling more positive now! The joys of being a woman ;o) Thanks about my weight loss.

Glad you're feeling better.

Finished my 3rd C25k run this week and it seems to be going well. Lets see how next week goes. Going to buy some proper running shoes (wow this is getting serious!!!).

Thank you!

Well had a mad exercise day today - 4 hours in the garden, 1st of the runs for Week 2 of C25K and then walked the dog for 1 and half hours. Be glad to get back to work for a rest - ha!ha!. Still the exercise points will mount up.

Hi Sazperilla - It stands for Couch to 5K and is a nine week training programme to help you run 5K. If you google it you can find lots of examples. I am using the NHS one as they give you a pod caste thingy that you can play on your MP3 player and it helps time things for you. Week 1 you jog for 60 secs and walk for 90 secs for a total of 20 mins. Week 2 is jogging for 90 secs and walk for 2 mins and so on. I am doing the race for life in July and haven't so much as run for a bus in over 20 years!!! so hopefully this will help me. I am on week 2 and 90secs jogging has been a challenge ha! ha! so I hope it will help me get to 5k. Watch this space!

Yey really excited - lost 3lbs this week and achieved my 5% target so really happy. The exercise has obviously paid off but back to school next week so will be difficult to get as much exercise so will have to watch what I eat. Think I have got my head around things now - just need to plan carefully.

Thank you!

Second of this weeks runs completed - had to break in my new running shoes! No going back now.

Back