The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

Not home yet... Preston tonight! Sigh!

In haste but this thread has made me laugh. Sorry Alli bout the intolerant pineapple... tsk, tsk. Pineapples today.

xxx

@Alli -- Pineapple acid is apparently very bad for the teeth -- so, maybe being intolerant to them will save your enamel. (My son was told to stop drinking pineapple juice by our dentist -- he said it was worse than orange juice for your teeth.)

I hope you are feeling better -- and enjoying the Zumba.

Mel

@Alli -- Pineapple acid is apparently very bad for the teeth -- so, maybe being intolerant to them will save your enamel. (My son was told to stop drinking pineapple juice by our dentist -- he said it was worse than orange juice for your teeth.)
Mel

Another useless fact for you. Pineapple also has an enzyme in it which breaks down protein - so can be used as a marinade for meat. However, if you are ever get shipwrecked on a desert island with nothing to eat but pineapple be prepared to lose your teeth! The enzyme, if consumed in sufficient quantities, will also break down the protein in your gums thus causing your teeth to just drop out!

Another useless fact for you. Pineapple also has an enzyme in it which breaks down protein - so can be used as a marinade for meat. However, if you are ever get shipwrecked on a desert island with nothing to eat but pineapple be prepared to lose your teeth! The enzyme, if consumed in sufficient quantities, will also break down the protein in your gums thus causing your teeth to just drop out!

EEEEEKKKK -- no wonder the dentist was so forceful!

LOL -- This would be a good "murder" component. I am surprised that Jessica Fletcher never discovered on a tropical holiday that the missing person was dissolved in pineapple juice. One would think that with 12 years of episodes they've have thought of this.

Mel

Hi Alli,

My son was quite partial to the juice, but when the dentist showed him how at the age of 19 he had acid erosion starting... he freaked!

Now, he does not even drink soda!

Mel

Not quite SW but sticking with the Scan Brans as I swear they helped counteract overeating last week :)

Really? Tell me more?! x

you are going nowhere Alli, cc or not... unless we can all decamp to gold section! You are SO close to goal & we are all v proud of you. You will get there... we all will, cheering each other on!

xxx

Nope, all together or not at all. I quite fancy the gold section though having (stupidly on my part:rolleyes:) only recently realised that ANYONE can read what we write on here :eek:. I'm so thick. Not that they'd actually want to read through my twaddle but you know what I mean. So we'll have to chat constantly to Pommette to get her numbers up!
Hi Pommette!

Personally, I love it when we discuss things other than bl**dy diets. There is more to life after all.

Ain't there just Chels? :)

I'm the same era as you Chels re school disco!

Please don't all decamp to Gold - I've not got enough to follow you and I don't like games!

Read the above bit Bev! And get messaging in those long sleepless nights. You could post a message one word at a time! x

Oh we're not going anywhere really - I just feel a bit of a fraud posting in the SW diary section when I'm not actually doing SW strictly speaking at the minute. There are a couple more ladies who don't follow a particular diet who have started diaries there so that's why I'm trying to up my count. Chels, Jess, Bess and Katy are all still following SW so will no doubt hang around...and because I'm nosey so will I :D

Not nosey, we're friends now. But I think I'd like us all to be in the gold section.

I've just realised that I have a food intolerance / sensitivity to pineapple - where did that come from :(

I love pineapple but haven't had any for a few months but last week bought some and got a really bad stomach ache, sickness and a bloated stomach. On Monday I pineapple again after dinner (just a small amount) and again I felt sick, bloated and flustered. Tonight I've just had some pineapple and hey presto - within 10 minutes I'm feeling sick again. I've just googled it and all I can find are articles saying how good it is to reduce bloating and other digestive problems. Trust me to be awkward!!:rolleyes:

I guess I will just have to stick to other fruit from now on. I'm not happy! :mad:

The worst bit is that I've always been so proud of the fact that I have a stomach of steel (constitution wise, not on the outside LOL). I have no allergies, can handle very spicy food with no problems and hardly every pick up stomach bugs even when the rest of my family go down with them. I used to be proud of never being off sick at work - then I started getting migraine and that one was gone - Now my tum of steel is failing me - What will I have left to feel smug about :D:eek:

Why can't I have a food intolerance to brussel sprouts or something equally bleurgh?? So not fair [stomping my foot and going off in a huff!!]

Hmm....I was just the same Alli when a stomach bug which just about everyone I knew had caught, left me lactose intolerant. Served me right for feeling I had an iron constitution! x

@Bess --

Long time no read! Good to see you back and posting. I've developed a mild case of lactose intollerance and have no idea what brought it about -- but it has been a blessing in disguise as it is now very easy to resist ice cream and cheese (two of my big binge items in the past). ;)

Hi Alli --

I am trying to find out when those pandas arrive in Edinburgh so I can plan my trip.

Mel

Back