The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

Hi all,

Mel - step away from the Dime bars!! As Bess said I stocked up and they didn't last long - I don't know why I never learn... they were very nice while they lasted though...

So - big change ahead for me. I've not focussed on SW all week - my new role means lots of unplanned long meetings / workshops where either lunch is bought in or we have 10 minutes to grab something and I've really struggled. This is what's happened when I've done SW before - I lose the focus and can't seem to get back into it. It's difficult when I'm working away from home and I don't seem to be able to find the will to make the effort.

I'm loathed to quit but at the same time can't keep going like this as every day I end up overeating and it's that horrible cycle of waking up full of optimism and going to bed disappointed in myself and not knowing what to do to stop it.

So I've spent a few days thinking about it and have decided that for now I'm going to go back to calorie counting. I am a member of Weight Loss Resources still so will start using that again to see if it's easier for me. Maybe the change will re-focus me, maybe not but something has to change and at least with WLR I can cope slightly better with work lunches and spontaneous eating. I'm not looking forward to calorie counting everything especially not fruit but I don't know what else to do at the moment.

So, that's what I will be doing for the next week and then I'll see how I go. I'd like to go back to SW at some point as I think it's a great framework for maintenance but obviously that's dependent on me actaully being able to stick to it.

I probably sound really depressed - I'm not really. I've done super well on SW and only have 4.5lbs to lose before I'm at my original goal and 6.5lbs to lose to get to my new goal of 10st 7lbs. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't keep up my losing streak ;) but hey as long as I keep going it doesn't really matter how I do it, does it!

I'm hoping you don't mind if I keep my diary here for the time being! If I do decide to move over to WLR permanently then I'll move my diary to the appropriate forum but for now I'd like to stay. Either way I will still continue to to check in on both old and new friends!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Morning Ali just catching up on your diary, Dime bar talk again lol i will be able to have these verryy soon lol.. i will think of you Ali lol.!

Try CC Ali im sure you will be fine as i do enjoy CC.. if u have a phone with apps u can track as you go?
Give it a good try.. u are so close to goal again. Good luck to you.. and keep smiling xx

Hi Alli - sorry you can't stick with SW but good luck on CC.

Personally, I couldn't do it as I like the freedom to eat all the free foods without having to bother with "sums"!

SW can be tricky if you don't have the time to do a packed lunch etc, or are in hotels for meals. Doable but tricky.

Good luck - you are so close to target!

Oh Alli, you must stay with us, I'd miss you if you went. As you say, it doesn't matter which method we choose, 'All roads lead to Rome' and all that.
You have done so well lately and sooo close to goal! Fantastic!
Hope the new job is good, takes a while to find your feet though doesn't it? xxx

Thanks Shanny, Pommette and Bess! I will hang around here as I like it and my eating hasn't changed drastically, cc just gives me a bit more freedom when it comes to lunches at work.

The good thing about WLR is that it works out the sums for you. I've been a member for about 5 years now and used it a lot in 2009/2010 when I was maintaining. Nearly all my regular recipes are already saved on the site and so it's a piece of cake really. No free food though unfortuantely ;)

Menu today has been:

B: Weetabix w skimmed milk
S: Snowball cake (est 250 cals)
L: Spiced carrot & lentil soup
D: Harissa Chicken with couscous and roasted veg, strawberries
S: Blueberries, small piece of chocolate (23g)

Looking at that it could be a SW day :D

Oh Alli, you must stay with us, I'd miss you if you went. As you say, it doesn't matter which method we choose, 'All roads lead to Rome' and all that.
You have done so well lately and sooo close to goal! Fantastic!
Hope the new job is good, takes a while to find your feet though doesn't it? xxx

I agree with what Bess said... you do not need to leave. You could start another diary there... but when "they" don't get you the way we do -- you'll be back posting with us! ;)

Mel - step away from the Dime bars!! As Bess said I stocked up and they didn't last long - I don't know why I never learn... they were very nice while they lasted though...

LOL... I have not even 'found' one, yet. I found Daim bars in Spain, and as I have only been food shopping at the American shop lately (and Tesco Express), I have not seen a Dime bar. But, since I am not getting back on track very easily... I will avoid any new temptations for the time being.

I hope you have a good weekend, Ali.

Mel

LOL... I have not even 'found' one, yet. I found Daim bars in Spain, and as I have only been food shopping at the American shop lately (and Tesco Express), I have not seen a Dime bar. But, since I am not getting back on track very easily... I will avoid any new temptations for the time being.

I hope you have a good weekend, Ali.

Mel

Dime / Daim - it's the same thing! Red wrapper - flat piece of chocolate and crunchy loveliness!!

I might start a new diary in the gold member section once I've posted enough posts - just another 400 or so to go :D

You have a great weekend too!

That's actually not a bad idea, Alli. We could all start one in the Gold Section and then we'd know where we were whatever we were doing.

Mel

BUMP (helping you get those 400 posts) lol

BUMP (helping you get those 400 posts) lol

LOL - I have to post them :D:D:D. You already qualify as you've posted about a million posts! Me, I'm not very good at keeping up with this so have a few hundred to go yet. I'm working on it tonight though.... ;)

I might start a new diary in the gold member section once I've posted enough posts - just another 400 or so to go :D
Ali i just read this on Mel's diary and i like this idea i alot..;)
How's CCing going? what yummy foods are you eating?
happy sunday (and a Big thank you for your support recently) ..xx:)

So where's this song title game Mel - or do I have to make it up myself :D

Shanny CC is going fine. I've been a member of WLR for so long that it has all my favourite recipes and foods saved already so it's been plain sailing so far. I went a little over my calories yesterday but still under 1500 so that's fine. I'm aiming for 1300 or thereabouts per day but will be a bit more flexible at the weekend. Today it's looking like I'm going to be around 1200 cals so all good so far.

What I've eaten so far today is:

B: Fibre + bar and milky coffee, piece of eggy bread (1/4 slice bread)
S: Oaty Bar, blueberries
L: Lentil soup
S: piece of chocolate, mini flapjack bite
D: Chicken breast, new pots, veggies
S: Strawberries, bag of spicy lentil curls.

:):):)

Hi Alli,

From what you posted elsewhere I think you already found the link -- but just in case anyone wants to know where to go to play and games (and this will also help you up your posts), it is:

Chit Chat - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Mel

Yes found it Mel and am hooked on the Song title game! I'm spending far too much time trying to think up songs without cheating with google. Have had to text DH a couple of times though ;)

Yes found it Mel and am hooked on the Song title game! I'm spending far too much time trying to think up songs without cheating with google. Have had to text DH a couple of times though ;)

So you can understand why I have so many posts... it was addictive. I finally deleted it from my subscriptions... I was checking it several times a day.

Mel

So you can understand why I have so many posts... it was addictive. I finally deleted it from my subscriptions... I was checking it several times a day.

Mel

You don't say - I must have posted at least 10 songs today alone - I really should be working :D

Time to post my menu for today - a bit later than usual as I've been occupied elsewhere ;)

B: Mixed melon fruit salad, 2 x scan bran with philly light
L: Sweet Chilli Crayfish wrap from Pret
D: Chicken Stir Fry with noodles
S: Cherries, Lemon Mousse, Oatybar

Not quite SW but sticking with the Scan Brans as I swear they helped counteract overeating last week :)

Hi Alli,

It sounds very fibre-ful and healthy, as well as, delicious. I will finish hoovering the lounge area and then move on to other seriously neglected chores. After DD gets home, I'll pop in shower as The Shred made me sweaty (for real).

Then, I need to get dinner sorted for the family. I am making a pork dish, so I'll be having a MAM for dinner. (I do not eat pork.)

Mel

If you need to up your posts some more, you're very welcome to come and post repeatedly on mine, LOL.

Maybe you could do a whole series of one word posts? By the hundredth post, you'll have a whole paragraph... :D :D :D

Back