The Blue Boar - leaving do

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
Hiya,

Since going back on plan as my new years resolution and losing weight regularly (2lbs to go for a stone award) I am hit with a meal out this Thursday at The Blue Boar. I am looking forward to the social aspect, but the eating aspect is worrying me.

Am I supposed to eat fewer SYNS this week to allow for this as well as choosing more healthy options from the menu? It is a 3 course meal.

Here is the menu which I have put miserable faces next to stuff I wont eat.

Menu

Starters
Homemade soup of the day with crusty bread and butter :-(

Roasted beef tomato, stuffed with cous cous, mint and coriander :-(

Classic prawn and crayfish cocktail in marie rose sauce, bread and butter

Homemade chicken liver and green peppercorn pate served with toast, leaves and a red onion chutney :-(

Salmon and smoked haddock fishcake with spring onion, coated in Japanese
panko bread crumbs and pan fried, accompanied by house tartare sauce

Mains
Traditional shepherd's pie served with vegetables and gravy :-(

The blue boar full rack of marinated, slow roasted baby back pork ribs
covered in a sticky bbq glaze served with chips and coleslaw

Grilled Mediterranean vegetable and halloumi cheese skewers with a
sundried tomato and olive cous cous and salad garnish

Grilled fresh fish of the day glazed in a lemon herb butter served with creamed potato and a panache of vegetables

Chicken supreme stuffed with cornish crab meat served with sauté potatoes, baby spinach and a crab bisque sauce :-(

Side orders
Creamed mash potato, chips, salad or vegetables

Dessert
Choose from our selection on the day
Filter coffee or tea included

What should I have????

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How about..

Starters
Homemade soup of the day ( give the crusty bread and butter to a friend)

Main
Grilled Mediterranean vegetable and halloumi cheese skewers with a
sundried tomato and olive cous cous and salad garnish (just cos it sounds lovely!)

What is the pudding menu?

Hi sausage,

I am not generally a soup fan , so I will see what it is - otherwise have u a second suggestion hun?? The halloumi was kinda calling me and the rack of ribs ( but I am guessing that is sooooo naughty)

As for pudding- I have no idea - but if there is nothing healthy I am happy to forego that part :)

Kx

The stuffed tomato might be low syn, but it has a sad face and could be couscous overload if you go for the halloumi too.

TBH, I don't know what in in a Marie Rose..is that mayo?

Just checked my diary and I see I managed to lose the week I had halloumi twice. It is not a healthy extra cheese and is 4.5 syns per 28g, but it is a very rich so you don't usually get/need a lot of it. The couscous may be covered in olive oil. Depending on the soup, maybe you could call it a green day and have 2 x hebs available for potential olive oil.

Anything fruity for pud would be good.

silly sausage said:
Are you mad?? :8855:

Probably.......

Good point ;-)

Halloumi is the way forward

silly sausage said:
TBH, I don't know what in in a Marie Rose..is that mayo?good.

Yes it's a seafood sauce.

I hate mint .....bleurgh!!!!! So a definite no to that and as you say couscous overload - lol.

silly sausage said:
Can you ask for a side salad as a starter? I don't get out much lol

Sure you will have a great time. Thanks for making me think about halloumi...grrr!

Halloumi is yummy- lol.

Can I do that flexible syn thing where you save and use SYNS? Or is that not allowed anymore ?

Kx

I believe you can save syns within the week for a special meal or you can have an occasional flexisyn day where you say "I am having X number syns today" and you dont go over it. It means you have moved the goalposts for the day, but are still in control. Better than just having a mad blowout, losing count and falling off the wagon.

silly sausage said:
I believe you can save syns within the week for a special meal or you can have an occasional flexisyn day where you say "I am having X number syns today" and you dont go over it. It means you have moved the goalposts for the day, but are still in control. Better than just having a mad blowout, losing count and falling off the wagon.

I might do that then- no idea how many SYNS I will be having, but reckon I may go soup (no bread or butter) , Halloumi kebabs, and fruit salad if available or just coffee.

Kx

Back