The Check-in Point

Yeah, I'm blue! Except I added some pink too :) I was pretty proud of myself to not over eat. It seems that at meal times I can prevent over eating, but with snacks it's like my stomach is a bottomless pit!

Weigh day for us tomorrow! I've had totm bloat, so noticed I didn't lose so easily this week, but it's still the right way no matter how much comes off!

Yeah, I'm blue! Except I added some pink too :) I was pretty proud of myself to not over eat. It seems that at meal times I can prevent over eating, but with snacks it's like my stomach is a bottomless pit!

Weigh day for us tomorrow! I've had totm bloat, so noticed I didn't lose so easily this week, but it's still the right way no matter how much comes off!

I've had totm too, hopefully it'll not be too bad, fingers crossed for us x x

I so wish I could go blue or pink or both :D when I was younger I just didn't want to, now I think I'd look silly. I think it must be so much fun! I like your tats too, I'm so conservative :)

Glad you've had a good day x I know what you mean about meals and snacks, that was exactly my problem too. And once I'd started I couldn't stop. Doing core this week has helped me no end, I've had no crisps in over a week (you know how addicted I was), just not wanted them.

I've had a good day too, I sooo want a loss tomorrow. Plus I got a new tooth! It's been eight months since my dentist told me that my molar had to come out after no end of treatment and today I got a shiny new one :D I am complete again! Hooray!

I always get asked what I think I'll look like when I'm 70. I always reply with "I'll just be grateful I lived that long". I'm covered in them though. It's just me though. I don't think it makes someone boring not to do it, I think it's probably exposure to different environments that shape us.

Speaking of shape, I lost 3.2lb! Quite pleased with that indeed! I didn't eat a lot yesterday though, so that'll probably have helped. I was at work for ten hours so no time to eat!

Fingers crossed for you, Hules.

2lbs! Whoop whoop! Also just got my 10% :)

Well done on the 3.2 Lorny hun, that's some good going this week!

So I've got a bit of a difficult weekend ahead. The Hubby is turning 40 and we've got cake and out to dinner tomorrow Frankie & Benny's. I want him to really enjoy what he's eating, but I don't want to lose this current motivation :sigh:. I think I'm going to try to stick to core, ask for sauces on the side and cake will have to come out of my weeklies. It'll only be me, hubs and the kids so it'll be really obvious if I don't eat. At least I should be able to get a salad at F&B, I nearly booked an indian!

Blimey! I know when I've been before, it was about 24 points for a meal there! Personally, I'd eat 0pts all day, then go for the meal, enjoying it but not going OTT with sauces and stuff. Make a plan beforehand how I'll make up any over-points, like taking off a couple of points for a couple of days, and also just know exactly what I'll eat before I get there. I learned from the first time round that I missed out on so many occasions cuz I didn't want to eat. I didn't enjoy it for what it was, cuz I was too busy thinking about the points. It's a special treat, you don't want your husband and kids to remember the 40th meal where you ate hardly anything!

Exactly. I was thinking of going for one of the salads, but I'm not sure yet. I guess my eating out guide might be a little out of date now but points range from 45.5 points for a BBQ double cheeseburger (can you believe that?? :eek:) to7 for a chicken Caesar salad which I'll probably have as its one of my faves anyway. I've had the cake made or the hub so I can cut my own slice. Fingers crossed anyway x

It'll be fine! I think the fish and chips were 14pts, it's a decent size too. The cheese and tomato pizza was 11 points or something. I don't have an eating out guide, but I used to eat there every other week and at one point I knew the whole menu! I also know quite a bit about Nando's as I ate there every other week too!

Okay, so had a lurvely lunch of tuna and salady stuff
1374954704380.jpg
And only cost me 1.5p on top off the free core stuff.
I then had birthday cake (it's a carrot cake with a cycling theme, so you've got to eh?). At Frankie & Benny's I had the crab and chilli salad from the light menu which was lovely (though if I had it again I'd ask for the sauce on the side as it actually drowned out the taste of the crab a bit). I also nibbled the non buttery edge of the garlic pizza thing. Overall I did quite well I think. I might have another sliver of cake, but I am pleased. I would usually have some sort of chicken burger and chips!

The plan now is to just keep the extras down to a minimum for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow I'm at the cricket so I need to get my brain around a packed lunch.

How is everyone else's day gone?

I did have a bit more cake and it made me feel quite sick! That's it now though, at least it's made me not want any more.

Off for a shuffle in a bit when hubs gets back from his w9r2 so 30 mins.

I've had a good day today, we're having takeaway tonight which I'm looking forward to! Yesterday I spent most of my day at work, so I didn't really give myself time to eat bad! I have wanted to though, as all my extra hours are making me tired, which makes me crave quick and easy food.

Glad you had a good day lorny hun, it's pants though when you work so much you get pooped and have to eat what you crab be bothered to make or eat on the run. Are you due to work like that all summer?

We all went to watch the twenty20 cricket yesterday which was great fun. I had cereal, soup for lunch, salad for tea at the cricket which I made and took with us. Then came home and had 2 more slices odd cake, 2 bowls of cereal and loads of grapes. I felt out of control :( I think it's the cake, hubby has been told to take it to work today, I just can't be trusted. :(

Got terrible munchies I am trying to curb. Currently chomping on some pickled onions!

Just made a banana, vanilla and oatbran smoothie and feel MUCH better. I think I was hungry :)

Morning! Just been out for the last run on the c25k plan 30mins. Not totally sure what to do next. Probably keep running 30 mins for 2 runs a week and then up my distance on the weekend one. We'll see what I feel like on Sat. I feel okay food wise today, though I'm off down to my mum's to drop the kids off for a few days so who knows what there'll be to eat - I shall try to be good!

What's everyone up to today? How is everyone getting on? xx

I'm just on my lunch break at work. What a busy week I've had. I don't seem to have any time to myself recently! I've been on track for the whole week so far. I've just had some pasta with garlic mushroom sauce and some salad. I didn't let myself get too full as I hate thinking I've stretched my stomach, so I'll eat it later on my second break if I'm hungry.

I didn't let myself get too full as I hate thinking I've stretched my stomach, so I'll eat it later on my second break if I'm hungry.
heh heh, sounds like the core plan ;)

Well done lady, it's brill that you've had a great week (though not so great that you've had to work it all!

My mum really came through with salmon, new potatoes and salad, and banana, meringue and yog for pud. The only thinks I had to point were a few squirts of light salad cream, meringue and yog. Really pleased, it could have been much worse as pizza was on the cards. Pooped now, I hate driving any sort of distance, especially if there address motorway traffic jams!

Last edited:
At least when your family know you are dieting they can take that into account! My mother won't know at all, unless she clocks it, but I won't be admitting to it. I've got no time for her checking on it. The last time I told her, just before xmas I think it was, I had cake in my bag. We bought it to eat as a vaguely uncounted treat, which is what we did every week, and she got all "how are you supposed to lose weight if you eat cake?"

I just mentioned that I couldn't really eat pizza and she assumed! I guess I'm usually either on or off. We're all chunky in my family and so she does understand.

Anyway, off home in a bit then I might go see the new Simon peg film on my todd. I used to do that at uni and still love going to the cinema alone.

Hey discover peeps, how's everyone getting on? It looks nice out so far, hoping it won't get too muggy again later. Bit of house tidying, then not sure what, maybe decathlon.

Back