The Check-in Point

I've been having a long, drawn out TOTM, and it's affecting my energy, my moods, and appetite, and everything that makes me eat. Once it stops I'll have an easier time, I bet. I don't even have the money to be eating rubbish, but I do. Ugh.

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

So how has everyone done today? :)

Well, I started out well, got to tea time feeling good, then wrecked it again. What on earth am I doing?

What the hell are we doing? So if tea time is where it all goes wrong, what can we do to stop it?

Decided today I'm going to eat soups for a week, not only are they cheap, but low point. I'm not entirely sure how to go about my whole week of food, cuz we've found out my beau is losing half of his shifts over the winter due to it being a farm and not as much work needs doing. So not only am I trying to lose weight, I'm also trying to reduce my costs. This is going to be even harder! I know people think it's easy to lose weight when you have no money, but think, pasties and other crap are really cheap, a lot cheaper than healthy foods. I won't have any nice cereal bars and other stuff through the day, it'll literally be whatever I can have. I'll probably make some noodles and veg for at college, and then 0p soup and roll at home or something. Oh man, only eating three times is going to be a pain. I'll probably make some porridge for on the bus in the morning though, cuz then at least I've got something really filling and should last me long enough til lunch.

Last edited:
I was supposed to get up early today to do a shop, but I didn't. I'll probably go a bit later, but I definitely need to. I might make use of my last week of gym too, before I have to go uni and waste a further 45 quid. It still annoys the hell out of me that I did that, but that's the story of my life. Get motivation for two weeks, lose it for a year. I'm looking for a spinning bike online, as they seem quite sturdy for my robust frame, and I don't need to 'get ready' to use it. I can just get up, stick Murdoch Mysteries on, and go from there!

Seems to have gone quiet on here again. Where is everyone?

Hey hun, I'm still here! Really not focused though, I guess I need to talk about what is going on, but I'm just waiting for that motivation. I've only got 5 weeks until I go away, I've got to try to limit the damage!

I've found it so hard to focus too. I'll try again tomorrow, as always. If I could get through one day, I'll be happy. At this rate though, it'll be one meal and I'm happy. It makes me happy that it's not just me 'failing', and that everyone struggles with motivation at some point.

I went for a run!!! Whoohoo! First in a looong time.

Hey vintage peeps, how's everyone doing? I've decided to relax a bit and just try to eat healthily rather than actually point for a while to get my head in the right place.

I'm also preparing for a run this morning, though it's raining outside (I actually quite like running in the rain so that's okay!).

Sooooo quiet on here, anyone about at all?

I'm always about! So long as you're keeping on the right track, it's all good! It's my friend's birthday so I've made cupcakes, but only 12, and that's for a few of us. :)

I've had a bad few weeks, personal issues ahoy! But back on track this week.
Lost 3lbs to get back to 13st 1lb which is where I was a few weeks ago.

Being good now!

Why is it that for some reason i have a good couple days then it goes completely tits up?! Scuse the language but im fed up!! *grumbles*

I'm writing out a food diary to get me through the next couple weeks. I'm so annoyed with myself now!

Ok... fresh start.

Forgetting all past attempts and no shows. Have to start again with a clean slate. My health is the most important thing just now with this cyst still not clearing up and the doc wanting me to have a blood test for type 2 diabetes. My weight has just crept up these past few months and it cant go any further. (ironically i seem to STS when not trying to diet!)

Hey everyone.
I've been totally unfocused. I've been super busy at work and so not had much time for anything else the last week or so. How is everyone?
Nice to see you back Loser hun. And Lorny and Eviljo too!

I now know that without the support it just doesn't happen. I'm off to the states in a couple of weeks, I'd love to lose 7lbs (which I could definitely do if I put my mind to it!). My motivation had gone a bit awol though! :(

You can do it, Hules! I am back in motivation mode now, I'm currently only up 6lbs ('only'), from the last point I went off the wagon. I'm sure I can get that off in two weeks, and I can get into that little black dress of mine by June! I think at this point I could be 14st 7lbs by xmas, which is a stone and a half off my original plan, but it's still lighter than I currently am. Come on, girls! Maybe we should start our own little xmas goals?

Ooh, motivate me Lorny. I need switching on and a good shove to get going :D I could do with a bit of a Xmas challenge, how many weeks is it anyway? I've got 2 weeks until I'm off on my jolly (ABSOLUTELY no chance of WW there!!) then I'll be back and could do with a solid push until Christmas.

Hmm, feeling some motivation, think I may need to get myself a new tracker book!! This always gets me focussed!

It's ten weeks until xmas, how long are you away for? Maybe we can do an ongoing challenge until then, and you can make a reasonable goal, taking into account any gains over your trip. Or we could do it when you get back, and have a six week last push before xmas?

Back