The Check-in Point

Hi everyone! Im Lou i lost 5 stone in 2009/2010 and kept it up until last year as i found out i was expecting my first baby! I had my beautiful baby boy in August and now with chrismas out the way and my cousins wedding in may im back to lose the 5 stone again! :) last time it took me 18 months but its worth the time doing it!

Ive only ever lost doing old points i tried the propoints but it didnt work with me ive been back doing ww since last saturday so a week and a half and i lost 2lbs in first week .... Not the huge first loss im use too but im not gonna give up !

Good luck ladies ;) x

Hey, smirky! Well done for getting back on the wagon! 5st is about how much I'd like to lose from where I am, but I'll see how I feel when I hit 10st.

2lbs is a great loss. Remember, any loss is still a loss! You'll be well on your way soon enough. We're all here for you!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I just watched Obese: a year to save my life. It's really inspiring, but then I remember these folks get two hour training sessions a day, paid for. Gah! I'm so jealous! This boy lost 12st in 12 months. I'm sure I could manage 4st in six then, please??? :D

So I gave myself another weigh, with the new batteries, and I'm currently on STS from last week's weigh in. I'm pretty stoked with that! Must've been dodgy batteries after all. I keep thinking about the bikini I'd like to wear on holiday. It's a high-waisted jobby from River Island, with pink 'aztec' print on it. I usually find that a goal date will add too much pressure, and I end up sodding the diet, or I think "That's flippin' ages away, I've got time". This time though, it's just spurring me on. Although when your best mate has a 24" waist, and yours stands at about 39", it's motivation enough. :D I just need to get on track with my exercise, which has been lacking, and I'll be well on my way.

Sorry for all the posts, but I find it easier to stay on track if I'm on here! All the times I've gone off the beaten track have been when I've neglected the forum.

Hi girls. Just want to ask your advice realy. Ive been doing vintage since may and have lost a stone but i just cant seem to shift anymore. Im goin on holiday in june and would love to get a stone off. Im realy disheartened lately coz i try my hardest and can only loose 1pound at the most and that is rare! Im on 22 points a day and to be honest im starting to feel realy hungry and sumtyms at nite feel shakey. Ive tried pro points but just dont like it. Any tips or advice welcome coz i feel like giving up. Ive had a week off and already the scales r creeping up. I always get on the scales everyday wish i didnt but its a habit. Realy realy need to get my head back into it. Hows everybodys losses? R they slow like mine or is it just me. Thanx in advance.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your losses are going to be a lot slower than ours, especially as you're in the 'healthy' weight range. What do you actually eat on an average day, and do you work out? First thing you need to do is stop weighing, as you're only making yourself feel bad by what you see! We can see what else to do once we know more about what you eat and activity levels.

Your losses are going to be a lot slower than ours, especially as you're in the 'healthy' weight range. What do you actually eat on an average day, and do you work out? First thing you need to do is stop weighing, as you're only making yourself feel bad by what you see! We can see what else to do once we know more about what you eat and activity levels.

Ive started to do the lesley sansone 2 mile walk at home and i walk my little girl to school every day. Im a stay at home mum so im always running about. I dont eat breakfast but im tryin to now coz people keep telling me its better 4 me. Lunch i could have soup and crackers or beans on toast and for tea its usualy wot i cook for the family which could be sausage,mash and veg or i love salad and wil have that. I always eat my points every day its just a nite time i find realy hard. I can eat my body weight in food. My stats r wrong im now 11.3 and i just cant seem to get unda that.x

Well I would certainly suggest breakfast! Even if it's an apple or a yogurt, it kick starts the metabolism. Is this a two mile walk a day on top of the school run? Perhaps you're burning too many calories for your points? When you worked out your daily points, are did you use sedentary/standing/busy? I don't have an activity tracker, so I can't say how many points that is. If you don't already, perhaps you should eat the bulk of your points in the day, then a few points at night, and save some for a low calorie snack in the night to stop the shakes?

You're sounding so positive Lorny honey, can you send some my way!? I feel truly pants, I don't know why I can't help myself!? I'm thinking I may need to go back to core plan for a bit as I have a limit on the amount of extra points I can have on crap snacks the rest needs to be wholesome foods. Suggestions and butt kicking welcome.

Welcome Smirky x I pretty much did the same (years and years ago now!), I lost 4 stone, it took me over 2 years, got married feeling fab, had my first kid, put half back on, had my second, put the rest back on. I've lost most of it a few times now, but it always goes back on as soon as I lose focus. Bonus was though that I did manage to lose 3 stone in 6 months with my second, so it can be done! Good luck for this week honey.

Hi Trinab, I've seen you around the boards and know you follow the Old plan. It's lovely to see you on here!

How many points are you on hun? From your info I would guess about 21? Could you post a full days tracking? Plus the exercise you are doing? We might be able to spot something you could change. I find that if I'm plateauing that I either need to pay attention to the little things that I am eating without noticing or the small non nutritional snacks like crisps etc. even if they are low points (my problem - honestly I think I'm addicted!) you have to track EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. Do you track? Any way? on an app, in a notebook, blog etc? That is the ONLY way I ever lose (I've had a rubbish week and I haven't recorded points since Saturday, for me, no tracking means no loss - or even as per this week's weigh-in a gain!).

Other suggestion is to shake up your routine a bit. Have you heard of the Wendie plan? It's where you eat the right amount of points over the week, but some days you have fewer points and others you have more. There is a formula somewhere and I've always had great losses whenever I've tried it.

Found this...

For the UK

Day 1 X +1 point
Day 2 X -2 points
Day 3 X +10 points (SUPERHIGH DAY)
Day 4 X -4 points
Day 5 X points
Day 6 X -1 points
Day 7 X -4 points

X = Normal Points

Super high day not to be on WI day unless WI is in a morning then you can make that SH day. If not using WI day as SH day then You should leave at least 2 full days between SH day and WI day.

You can make day 1 any day of the week to fit in when you want SH day to be. You have to follow the same sequence of points though.

So if WI is a Monday you could make Friday SH day, if a Friday morning that could be SH day.

This formula can be used for any amount of points you are on 18, 20, 22 etc.

Hope one of these help hun!

That Wendie plan sounds pretty much what I do right now, not that exact, but I know I go out at the weekend so that's my day I end up going over points. Last night I had 5pts less to make up for the alcohol I am likely to consume tomorrow, which is weigh day. I try not to stick exactly to the points in the week, cuz I know I'll end up wanting a nice casserole or something with sausage and not have the points for it.

Hules!!! You keep changing between diets! If the core plan is what will help you, then you need to do it. You know your weakness is in snacks. I don't know anything about the core plan, other than what you've said, so if that plan stops the snacking, go for it! Are you going to follow it strictly, though? If it was me, and I still had a problem with my snacking, the core plan probably wouldn't help me stop it. I'd probably end up worse off, cuz I'd hate that I couldn't have them. The only way I stopped snacking was to stop having them in the house. I got so used to not snacking, that I have a multipack of Green & Black's chocolates sitting around, since christmas! And I have a major sweet tooth, so this is improvement. Maybe try core for the week, see how you get on, and if it doesn't work have a proper rethink of how to make the vintage plan work for you? It's such an annoyance, when you know you've done so well before, but can't get into it now. It has taken me since July to finally get into it, and I have kicked and screamed trying to get my head around why I just couldn't stop eating! It's all in the habit though. I got too used to eating it, and then I hated it when it wasn't there. I still crave slabs of toast smothered in butter (well, ICBINB :p) and peanut butter. I just have to remind myself I will not be pleased if I do eat it. Also, think of the wedding you have to go to! That's a motivation, but don't tell yourself you NEED to lose the weight before then. It would just be frickin' awesome if you did. I kept putting pressure on myself to lose such and such by this or that time, and it never worked. Yes, I am seriously motivated now, but I know it takes a lot to get into it. Once you've done two weeks on plan, whichever one you choose, you will be well on your way. It's breaking the habit!

Thanx girls thats realy helpfull. On the exercise front its about ten mins twice a day to school and then 30mins of the 2mile walk. I have the vintage pointrg ped 2 and it says i only earn half point doing that but if i go by the activity tracker in the book it says i earn 2. Im on 22p a day but ive just got my books out and i think ive let things slip and maybe not counted the little things i pick at so as of 2day i will point everything and stop picking! Ive never heard of the wendy plan b4 so its stil ww but u have higher and lower days? Do u need different books for that? Thanx for your help girls.x

GLad that is helpful for you hun x You don't need any other resources to try it, it was just someone called Wendie who first put a structure to it. Just do what you are doing but vary the points accordingly.

GLad that is helpful for you hun x You don't need any other resources to try it, it was just someone called Wendie who first put a structure to it. Just do what you are doing but vary the points accordingly.

Think sumtyms you just get stuck in a rut and need fresh eyes to see where you have gone wrong. The scales have been put away and wont b out til next friday! Hope i last im so obsesive about the scales. I mite try the wendy plan this week ive never heard of that b4 so thank you. I started out at 15 and half stone when i had my son ten year ago and got down to 11 and half just my cutting down and tryin to eat better. I had my daughter 3 year ago and put a stone on and thats when i started my vintage journey. I got bak down to 11.3 and gave up and my weight crept up to 12stone so i started ww again last may. Ive never been in the ten stone bracket as an adult and would love to get there for my holiday in june. I dont want to b skinny coz i love my curves i just want them shrinkin a little haha.x

I'd love to be 11.3 again, I felt really comfortable there, it's a good weight for me. You'll get there hun, you've done so well already! I think you just need to track everything and shake things up a bit.

Hules, did you just completely miss my post?! :p

I've had a nightmare today. My baby sister thought she was on 600 free minutes, but was only one 100, so she's got a phone bill of 410 quid due next week. There's no one to blame, since it's my old phone and I used to have that many minutes, but I feel awful. I think my mum probably blames me, and that makes me feel worse. I'm bailing her out with my rent savings, but I still need that money back for April as that's as far as my savings go. It's given me a horrible headache from crying and all sorts in the panic.

I did totally miss it! I think I just clicked on 'last post' and it was trinab's message, but on the next page.

Sorry hun! I'm not switching diets really, it's still vintage but you only count the points above and beyond healthy meals. I've done it today and I feel much more comfortable. I can still do a pointed day if I can't cook from scratch. I've not had crisps today at all, not even fancied them, and I've had plenty of fruit instead. AND I've tracked. My day's food was cereal, a green smoothie before work (love these, think I might buy a smoothie maker tomorrow), leftover pork stir fry, snacks of yoghurt covered raspberries, apple, grapes and clementine and tea was taco mince and wholemeal wrap. I've just worked the points out and it comes to 22 points (I'm on 23 so I could have a yoghurt too). On core I get about 5 points a day and I've used 6. BUT, it was all healthy rather than crap - though I could have had crisps if I really wanted! I feel good!

Sorry to hear you've had a rubbish day sweetie, it's horrible when something's not actually your fault, but you feel bad anyway x x I'd give you a hug if you were here xx

Morning! Where is everyone? It's gone all quiet again. It must be at weekends! I'm beginning day 3 of the new me. I really feel good. I had another day of eating healthy meals and pointing the extras and it's working well. Bought a smoothie 2go yesterday which I'm still undecided about, I'll try another today and see.

What's everyone else up to?

Hey! I was out all day and night yesterday so didn't get a chance to get on! I lost all of half a pound this week, wahey! I knew it would be like that anyway cuz of my loss last week!

I'm glad you've got the hang of it now, Hules. It feels so good when you know you're doing well!

At least you knew it was coming. Half a pound is still half a pound off! Well done hun!
So another good day so far. Cereal for breakkie, yoghurt strawberries for snack, smoked salmon and prawn with stir fried veg and rice for lunch, green smoothie (drinking now with banana, pear, maca powder, skimmed milk and spinach - yum!) and a chicken casserole in the oven slow cooking for tea. Feeling valm about it all which is good (for me!).

I lost 1 lb this week. Dire and not happy given my holidays just around the corner! Was permenantly hungry last week it was sio hard and then had a decadent weekend so it's hardly suprising.

back on my bike again this week and determined to be a good girl.
xxx

Back