The Chit Chat Episode

westiegirl

Gold Member
I am taking up Amber's suggestion and starting a chit chat episode to get us through until the New Year. Like many of us, I am struggling but today I am starting back on having packs in the day and a meal at night. I was maintaining well on that but some extra picking (and a glass or 2 of vino of an evening) has crept in and as a result I've put on 3.5lbs this week. Time to nip this in the bud!

Xmas do on Thursday so I'm going for damage limitation until then, but I'm not stressing or beating myself up!

Hope everyone is fine. Better get going soon - just seen how much frost is on my car grrrrr, I'll be there all day!!!

Morning Sarah,

Just jumped on scales after a crave-fest (TOTM ) weekend and im up 6lbs!!! Detemined to do a SS day today my CD boxes of shakes have been collecting dust these past weeks -yada yada yada

Have a great day xx

How do I make such a mess when I'm clearing up?

After putting up the tree last night, the house was a mess. I decided to tackle it today. I now looks worse!! I've done 4 loads of washing, cleared out a trunk, decluttered two rooms, given the Dyson a service on the sitting room carpet, and spent too much time surfing without finishing any of those jobs!!! There is something to go upstairs on every step, a pile to go up in the loft, two bags for the charity shop/recycling in the hallway and wet washing on every radiator.

The logical thing would be to tackle it bit by bit. But not me. I'd rather catch up with Minimins! I'm hoping that posting spurs me into actually doing something about it.

I'll just have a quick look in the arcade first........

How do I make such a mess when I'm clearing up?

After putting up the tree last night, the house was a mess. I decided to tackle it today. I now looks worse!! I've done 4 loads of washing, cleared out a trunk, decluttered two rooms, given the Dyson a service on the sitting room carpet, and spent too much time surfing without finishing any of those jobs!!! There is something to go upstairs on every step, a pile to go up in the loft, two bags for the charity shop/recycling in the hallway and wet washing on every radiator.

The logical thing would be to tackle it bit by bit. But not me. I'd rather catch up with Minimins! I'm hoping that posting spurs me into actually doing something about it.

I'll just have a quick look in the arcade first........

PMSL Amber - you sound exactly like me! I am always complaining about the mess and im terrible for starting half a dozen jobs at once and not completing any of them

great idea for a thread!!
im struggling badly today (again!) wud just love a gravy chip. (thats a chip with gravy on it to all u mad english people that cant make the connection. i got some weird looks in a chippy in england when i ordered a gravy chip, they hadnt a clue what i was talkin about. isnt it obvious?? and ull never guess what a curry chip is.....) anyway i love putting using gravy chips in a sanwich with thick white bread and i cant stop thinking bout it!! mouth is watering as im writing this! shouldnt even b on minis as i have loads of stuff to be doin, but i thought it was better comin on here than going to the chippy!

LOL Delli, I've never even heard of them but I fancy some now!!!!

I'm struggling again. I think I was just about in ketosis last night, but ended up sitting up so late finishing my reports for Friday's deadline (last Friday that is - had to get them in before the office staff came in today) that I gave into my craplust and ate a Rocky caramel bar. Well, 4 actually.

Trying to get back into it today but already picked at some ham. Could just do with some gravy chips to finish me off now...........

OOOps, just realised I am on here again and STILL not finished tidying!

Hi everyone, I am supposed to be on slimming world but that isn't going well!! nevermind, new year and all that!! Glad to see something up and running for christmas and new year!love

Hello all

Excellent idea to have a chit chat episode instead of the usual episode threads (just for now!) Sarah! It might do us all good :)

I'm not ss-ing at the moment (still) but will get back to it when the time feels right. I'm trying to be sensible but not always succeeding.

How is everyone else getting on?

Mocha

Well done for sticking with the plan (mostly) yesterday Sarah.

I decided to adopt the same approach, although found a tin of Christmas choccies and made a bit of a dent in them last night.

Once again, getting on the scales this morning spurred me into action and I have been pretty good today, although very slow on the water. I'm amazed (and impressed) how much just a small gain can increase my will power and I'm feeling a bit more positive about at least keeping off what I have already lost.

I took my friend shopping this morning - she broke her elbow very badly a couple of weeks ago and is unable to do an awful lot for herself - and stuck with coffee when she had scones with jam and cream for elevenses!

Only had one pack so far today :eek: so off for another now while I wrap pressies.

I hope everyone else had a good day whether dieting or not

A
x

Morning all,

Well done Amber on the mega willpower avoiding the scone and jam. I'm not so strong at the moment - the xmas chocs came out in work and I must admit that I did indulge!

I'm pretty much resigned to a new year restart! I'm just so tired at the moment - working all the hours under the sun and with the prospect of the social functions to come.

This year christmas just feels like a chore to be endured - I just want to sleep for a week :(.

Aww Sarah, you sound a bit overwhelmed with it all.

Just today and tomorrow at work then you at least have some time off. You'll soon catch up with your sleep with just a few days of not getting up at the crack of a sparrow's fart.

I had a choccie binge on monday and depite resisting the scone I managed to eat some stale ginger nuts I found down the back of the PC (they were in their packet) last night.

Bloomin diet makes you feel so guilty for a small cheat when really we have come so far and are far skinnier birds than we were previously. Drink loads today and tomorrow and try to stick with the packs and you'll be the belle of the ball tomorrow night.

A
x

Another day of shopping with my firend with the bad elbow. I'm sure I must be doing some good, simply by carrying all of the shopping bags around the town!

I tackled a few jobs this afternoon, with some great results!

1. Chase up Virgin wine order. After using every discount code I could find, I ordered a box of 12 Christmas Special wines for 29.99 instead of the usual 79.99, then paid an extra 5.99 postage. That was 6th December. Still no wine, so I chased it up today. The short version is that I have been offered £20 credit to my account as a goodwill gesture. Fantastic. 12 bottles for 15.98! £1.33 per bottle delivered!

2. Open the pile of 'unimportant' post. Found my gas bill/statement. I pay £89 on DD every month, and still don't seem to be paying enough. This month my statement showed minus £456.69 :eek:. Horrified, I read it properly for once to see if they were putting up my monthly payment. It turns out I am actually in credit and a quick phone call got the funds transferred back to my account! So why the minus sign? I really don't get it - surely minus means a debit? I'm not complaining, but I will be checking a bit more closely in future

My son is at his dad's tonight, my OH has gone to watch Chelsea play so I'm home alone with a mountain of pressies to wrap, an open fire and Gok Wan on the tele. Heaven!

I hope you're all having a great day and look forward to catching up with you all (which is my subtle way of saying "For fecks sake, will someone else post so I am not just chatting away to myself here!")

A
x

hey amber!! i watched gok wan 2 (love that man) and was patiently waiting for ugly betty to come on e4 and its not there?!? whats going on?? other than that im just messin bout on net, have been since 6pm! need to get a life.... OH is ill, and my friends and family are all busy at other stuff so just me, the tv and the xmas tree hee hee (i made a rhyme lol)

I'm here! :wave_cry:

Another busy day! Although I was chucked out of work at 5pm on the dot, even though I would have stayed on longer.

Not sticking to packs but trying not to binge, although the xmas choccies have come out in work :mad:.

It's the christmas do tomorrow and it seems that most people don't want to head out for a drink in the evening - what a bunch of party poopers! I'm quite disappointed!

Ach well, at least I shouldn't have a hangover on Friday!

Back