The Chocolate Orange Bars

pandorasinbox

Queen Geek
They're amazing! Had one yesterday and loved it - a bit like fry's cream with orange? Mmm!

What I don't get is my CDC had to order them specially - apparently all her other clients hate them. Am I alone in my love of the chocolate orange bars?

No, they are my favourite i love them !!! i have done diet before and i am now back on it and looking forward to two weeks time and i can have the bars !! i love freezing the bars and brix...last longer x good luck x

Love them! Covered in dark choc too what's not tolove! Althoughi wouldn't want one every day, every other day could work :)

They're really strongly flavoured so i only have one a week, but yeah - i love them. dark chocolate and that smell of orange oil. Like chocolate coated orange fudge.

I love all the bars (except mint) in different ways.

I usually adore mint choc, but the bars always seem stale to me. Texture rather than taste I think.

yup yup. dry, but not in a crunchy way. disappointing. However, all the others made up for it, for me.

And i have seen at least one person on these forums say it's their favourite. It seems there's nothing so vile that someone doesn't like it best of all. (Pecan and maple porridge, butterscotch shakes, leek and potato soup, I'm looking at all of you!)

And i have seen at least one person on these forums say it's their favourite. It seems there's nothing so vile that someone doesn't like it best of all. (Pecan and maple porridge, butterscotch shakes, leek and potato soup, I'm looking at all of you!)

Ughhhh I hated the maple and pecan porridge and wasn't too crazy about the leek and potato soup either (trust me to try them both on the same day!)

I love the choc orange bars, and strangely the cranberry ones as well, any other bars just taste rank! only my opinion though.

I like the choc orange shakes as well, but hot, like a hot chocolate, so I have a few spares of those in case I'm having a bad cravings day, then I just have that extra shake hot, like a drink, instead of giving into the cravings!

I hate leek & potato soup, tomato soup and the maple & pecan porridge. But am okay with Veggie and Chicken & mushroom soup and also the apple & cinnamon porridge.

I find the choc orange shakes so salty! Long live the peanut bat I say. Hmmmm they should do do a choc peanut one nom

speaking of which, look! An actual peanut bat!

AUS-peanut-bat.jpg

tomato soup's an odd one with me. Admittedly it isn't very nice, but I don't really dislike it. It's just red water with a sort of odd creamy layer on top.

BUT i buy it fairly regularly because it's the only shake that mixes with cold water first and then you just stir in the hot. Never any lumps so it's perfect when i'm away from home for that third meal.

i am having a spicy tomato soup right now. i tend to split it in half and have one an hour before the second half. the veg soup still my favourite though x

spangles said:
yup yup. dry, but not in a crunchy way. disappointing. However, all the others made up for it, for me.

And to think CD got rid of the beautiful caramel bar for the choc mint :p
Love the butterscotch and l&p soup was very nearly sick at the porridge

If a pack tastes a bit too strong you can go 50/50. My CD-ing pal loves chocolate so much she is more or less living on choc and choc mint shakes. So she jumped on the choc orange one but says it is very disappointing because the choc/orange flavour balance is wrong. Naturally I then suggested the obvious - use half of each pack, combined. She tried it and said mmmm! Not perfect, exactly, but much better.

BTW she hates the choc mint bars, and she finds that very odd, since she cannot get enough of the shakes lol.

Spangles I agree lady - porridge is wrong on so many levels! I like the mint bar though so we disagree there.

PGD x

Back