The complainers..

I have 2 jobs so tomorrow i kno i am going to be at work frm 9am until 3am so tonight i am cooking all 3 meals plus snacks for the middle of the night when im tired.
ITs complete denial for some people.."that 3rd biscuit never happenned"... "i only had 2 glasses, the bottle was really small"
QUOTE]

See thats why the plan will work for you, cause your making sure you avoid sticky situations before your in them by planning ahead..

and those excuses are classic! xxx

There is one woman especially at group who makes me want to stand up and shout 'OMG stop making excuses' sometimes. She says she wants to lose weight but wants it the easy way. Like, last week, she was saying about when she gets home and wants (needs she said) something to eat before dinner and that this was her weak time. So, as usual, we all gave her some tips. I said I always have a drink first because hunger is sometimes confused with thirst etc. Others said they keep prepared bowls of something or another for nibbles in the fridge and others said about just eating more often so hunger is kept at bay. Everything we suggested was met with 'but that won't satisfy me'. She also said that she gets home so late after work and is too tired to cook recipes from the books. Even the Consultant snapped and said that until she was prepared to accept help she wouldn't succeed.

We have a woman like this. They ask for help, and then beat you with a stick when you give it. I just clam up and save my breath for those who are actually trying. I have my own motivation and spirit to maintain, I don't have the energy for time wasters.

OK Fern, fire extinguisher aimed your way lol, hope your feeling a bit less steaming now you got it off your chest lol.

Okay, feel free to tell me if you think i'm being really *****y or out of order here, but i hope you all get what im saying! Absolutely Fern, Loud and clear

I went to class last night, and i just cant get over the amount of people that sit there and say they dont understand how they'r not loosing weight, or those who say ' but i didnt even eat crap before' .. or people who say but i did it 100%, except from this this and this, when they are the usual culprits you see not writing things down and having selective memory, expecting miracles over night, or thinking that just because they'v eaten nothing all day long, that piece of cheesecake in the evening they'r classing as a meal, is fine, becuase if they'v not eaten all day, that it evens it all out... Oh my god, do mean this isn't how it works hun....

argh, its like, last night i Wi'in and lost 2lbs, well how did you do that then hun, cann't imagine after a 1lb gain last week. One lady, who joined with her daughter orignally, who after only a week, didnt come anymore and would wait outside class for her mum huddled over a macy d's .. asked me how much i'd lost, i told her.. and she goes :eek: ''Wow, you must be really pushing yourself now'' do you need oxygen yet babes all that pushing

and i felt like saying, no.. i just did the plan how your supposed to. did she look at you a bit blank or surprised?

Now i try my hardest to help anyone who may need a little bit of extra support,thank goodness, your fabulours, but even my friend is pushing it now, shes come with me for 5 months, pays every single week, and bar her first week, has done nothing but gain and loose the same 8.5 lbs more than what she orginally weighed in at so she's lost what... 8.5lbs x 10 weeks (half of 20 cos the other weeks she's gaining right?) that's 85lbs she's lost, way to go girl! what diets she on? . and she says ' everytime i get back to my starting weight i just cant get past it' That "IT" is a right pain isn't it!

and i think back to a time when i tried every other diet, and would lose 10lbs and never seem to be able to shift passed it, but clearly i wasnt actually trying, because here i am.. at target which was a hell of a lot more lost than 10lbs! ..Think you did something called TRIED hun. i try my hardest to help, her, but what can i do? work at maccy's and make sure i fill her bag up withf ruit everytime she falls at the first hurdle of the week? Of course you must, these people need somebody to do it for them cos they cann't manage "it"

dont get me wrong, somtimes i gain and think, whaaat?? but once i get home and go over what iv eaten, i can soon pick up on where iv gone wrong, and start again the next day, Thats because you are serious about what you have done Fern and realised that only YOU can do it. Nobody else can become slim for you. You are what is known as SENSIBLE or if i know full well why iv gained, you wont hear my complain that i dont know why.. you dont forget good food that easy! LOL

I dunno, maybe it's just me.. but i cant my head round it, if your making the effort to go to class and pay, then you MUSt want to try and lose the weight, but then why arnt they doing it? why do they waste money, and time.. and put themselves trhough dissapointment each week? They want the magic fix of the weight to magically dissapear from one week to the next but cann't be bothered to try. this gives them the get out clause of saying , this diet doesn't work. They don't want it to work, they just want somebody else to blame for the shape they are in, and what better excuse than another failed diet. only they themselves know exactly why they havnt lost weight.. i just dont know how my consultant does it, especially when they continually ask questions about HE's and syn values, but then carry on and make no changes the week after? This is the camoflage screen they use, but they forgett its a bit see through don't they.

sorry am i just babbleing on now? LOL

Does anyone else get what i mean?Definately, and totaly agree with you
Somtimes i meet people who make it sound like i must starve myself to loose weight, because its 'just so difficult' Yeah, eating loads is difficult, I don't know how we manage really but how can anyone struggle with EE?!!!!! LOL Dont get me worng, if sw doesnt fit in with thier lifestyles and they find somthing else my suit them better, then w.e.. BUT, i wouldnt continue paying for somthing i didnt think i could do? Some people I think just treat class as a social night out with the girls etc and just aren't interested in loosing weight to be honest

yesterday i bumped into an old friend, who congratulated me on my weight loss, which i thanked her for and she told me she'd lost 4lbs in 2 weeks, so i congratulated her, and asked her if shed been specifically trying to diet and she replyed ..

' well, i'd like to.. but im not gunna put myself on a diet or anything' Bacon slicer then or what?

?!!!! Now if anyone can enlighten me on how we can all lose wieght without changing our eating habits, do let me know!!!!! LOL Darn it Fern, you got me good and proper on this one, cann't think of anyother way myself except, the way you have done it, and you have been an absolute insperation to us, our mentor, friend and guide. You have earned the right to rant and rave.

*oo rantover!!!*
reply over too xx

Haha, Thank you!!! ah, i love you likeminded people.. you keep me sane..

and yes, i ahve deffinatly benifited from this rant, slightly less red and agitated now haha x

I know for me that to stick to the plan 100% then I need to be organised and that's why I try to plan my menu a few days in advance and cook any meals in advance just to be heat up when I get home if I know I am going to be busy/struggle to make time to cook a meal. I think in the early days of following a diet you're so absorbed in the plan that it doesn't feel like an effort however I do think complacency can step in. My body tends to do what it wants and even if I've been 100% good I can STS or have a small gain and it does get to me however I also know that as long as I continue forwards it will even itself out. I haven't been going to class long enough for those things to get to me but we had a good giggle last night when one of the girls stepped forward and said that she had a major drink and food blowout on Saturday and she started recounting everything she had- the Consultant did applaud her for being honest though.

I'm totally with you on this one Fern, if I was in a better mood I'd write a polite reply, but as my mother said "if you can't say anything nice, then shut up and sit down". I know it's not as black and white for some people as it maybe for us, but seriously? Come on, get your head out of your a*s!

omgomgomg FERN!! *applauds*

Awesome post, we should put all the rubbish excuses we hear in one of these posts and look at them and laugh and thank heaven and earth that this isn't us. But at one point it was TOTALLY me! I would be all 'I can't do a diet, I need this I need that' But really, I didn't NEED KFC, I didn't NEEEEEEED sausage rolls. I didn't NEEEEEED a whole tub of Pringles. I just wanted them.

Now I NEEEEEEEEED fresh chicken, now I NEEEEEEEEEEED bananas, now I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to get through 3 tubs of mushrooms a week instead of 3 tubs of icecream, and it's great!

We have people in our class who pi$$ and moan too, me and my friend Lou just giggle when we leave, because one day, when they really want it enough, they will stick to the plan. Until then, they'll just pay our nice consultant's wages.

Brill post Fern, nice one xx

I'm totally with you on this one Fern, if I was in a better mood I'd write a polite reply, but as my mother said "if you can't say anything nice, then shut up and sit down". I know it's not as black and white for some people as it maybe for us, but seriously? Come on, get your head out of your a*s!

My thoughts exactly!

Fern, I am with you 100%.
People like that are'nt worth worrying about!
I, however,also really get annoyed with people who don't do the plan, won't take advice, and then moan that SW doesn't work!
That goes for any plan really.
And the excuses!! One girl I work with goes to SW, and though she did well, she is now starting the put on, take off syndrome but when she puts on there is always a "reason"
This week, she was ill so blamed the medication. She did not mention in class was that she ate fish and chips that week, went out on a total drinking binge and stuffed on chocolates and biscuits. IMO she was luck she only put on a pound and a half... and it certainly wasn't medication!
What I have found really sad is another girl I work with. She, herself paid seven thousand pounds to have the gastric band operation. She is still fairly large so must have been a lot bigger before the op.
She has since put on 2 stone and can't understand why! Well, considering she sits and munches sweets and biscuits all day, goes out drinking every night I am not surprised. It's been said she had the band loosened so she can eat more!
She won't exercise and is now saving for further ops (tummy tucks, etc) as she finds that easier.
If I spent that kind of money to improve my looks, I'd make sure I looked after my investment.
I guess it's her money to waste but it sickens me to hear that her weight gain is not her fault. Does she think people are stupid?

We get this in our class too. People that complain they're gaining weight, and you offer suggestions and they instantly throw back some excuse why they won't do that. It's like they're not really asking for advice, but rather asking for the class to validate their lame excuses.

One woman, who is rather large, gets really fed up and whinges each week how she's sticking to the plan 100% and just seems to gain. At this particular class, she was sat in her chair eating the flavoured Snack-A-Jack rice cakes, the big ones, not the little snack bags. She was just calling them rice cakes and going on like they have no syns, and I think making a show of eating them in class so that we could see that she was following the plan and only eating "diet food". When someone pointed out that those are the flavoured snack-a-jacks and had so many syns, she didn't even acknowledge that anyone was talking to her. We also bring in wrappers of things we've tried, like a new quorn product or whatever, and write the syns on the label so everyone can see it. She brings in things like pots of Tesco Healthy Living Prawn Cocktail and goes on about how lovely it is and that she finds it really satisfying etc. When asked, she didn't know the syn value, but just kept going on about how we should all get them cos they're so nice and obviously low in syns because they're diet food. So I looked them up and came back to class next time and when she was doing her usual whinge, politely informed her that those pots of prawn cocktail are 10.5 syns on red and 14.5 syns on green. Again, barely a flutter of understanding of what I was trying to say to her.

Many people are simply reluctant to take responsibility for their own lives and would rather run in circles, wasting precious time and energy trying to blame everything else in the world for their problems, rather than just accepting that THEY are in control of their lives. We can't control everything, but we CAN control what we stick in our mouths. End of. Until people open their eyes and realise this, then all you can do is sit there tolerantly and patiently, learning from their poor example and realising that if you do want to succeed, DON'T do what they're doing. And thank them for showing you that. :)

Fern, you're living proof that this works, and I'm sure she can physically see how amazing you look, and she knows how you've done it.

There's only so much you can do to help someone if they aren't willing to help themselves.

omg - what a great post! I have been doing SW for just over a year now & (fingers crossed) when I get on the scales on Monday I will have hit my target. We have these kinds of people in our group too & it really drives me insane, they make a point of soming each week, pay 4.50 & stay for image therapy & them moan that they don't understand what the did wrong, I think our consultant is an angel becaue I know I couldn't stand up there & listen to them & be so patient with them, the other one's that drive me mad are the one's that come every week & are losing a steady one pound & still complain - one pound a week with no gains is fantastic as far as I am concerned but when they get asked if they will fill in a food diary or an SAS log so she can help them they always say they don't have the time - what is it with them?????? My consultant keeps asking me if I fancy running my own group but know I just couldn't keep my mouth shut & I would end up insulting or upsetting someone, I think to be a consultant you have got to be pretty patient & calm and that's not me.

reading that made me laugh because it is almost word for word what me and my mum say every week after class.

we have one person who doesn't use their syns at all she just has 10 pints of larger a bottle of wine and a couple of vodkas of a weekend! and can't see where she's going wrong.

and the ones who wi with no loss or a gain and say i can't get my head round it. i always ask if they are staying so i can do 2 piles with the cards and they are always the ones who are going. i feel like screaming god dam it stay at least one week and all will become clear!!!

i know not everyone can stay to every class each week but if your not gonna stay at all join get the books then weigh in at boots, don't waste the consultants time and your own money i mean they money for class could go towards a maccy d's meal!!!

ops did i get a bit ranty there!? xxx

I agree Fern, We have at least 1 lady in our group like that she takes ages to tell us all in group what her problems are and then each time anyone makes suggestions as to how the issue she is having could be solved she tells us why she can not do whatever is being suggested and will not accept what she is being told. It drives me nuts cause everyone there is only trying to help. Even my consultant struggles with her sometimes!

I have had a week where I was doing it 100% and gained half a pound but I didn't moan I carried on as before writing everything down. Nothing in my diet changed but the following week I lost 2 lbs. two weeks later I had two meals off plan and had a better loss. Your body can show a pound or two difference just by the amount of fluid retained or whether you have been to the loo that day.I think people need to look at the bigger picture probably over the course of the month xx

It's called taking responsibility for your own actions! I know someone who is diabetic, had 3 strokes and a gastric band, but is fatter now than when he had it done! "It needs tightening!" Nothing to do with the fact he's still forcing down takeaways and sausage rolls then!
We have 2 women at class, who put on /take off, sit and giggle, and I really don't know why they bother. They don't follow the plan and "can't understand" why it's not working! At least they just weigh and go these days.

I think that this is what REALLY gets me in Image Therapy - it's always the 'naughty' ones who take the most time. I'd so much rather spend that time listening to ideas and tips from the ones who ARE doing well, and are often full of useful information, but, because they've lost, almost get glossed over!

I really don't know how our consultant 'keeps her cool' some weeks - I KNOW I'd just let rip! And I'm a guilty one at present, struggling to stay at target!

At least WE all know that it's not easy, but that if you stick to plan it DOES work, and if others want to come and pay their hard earned cash every week, well so be it.

Thanks Fern for giving us all another opportunity to have a rant!!!

Back